Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I
    know who it is that frames Ryan, is that the same person who betrays Horatio?? I thought they were different people. And yeah I know my theory is way out there and not probable, but I guess I like to expect the worse so I'll be pleasantly surprise when it's not that bad :lol:. If the person who betrays is not the same as the person who frames Ryan can someone pretty please PM me with the name, thanks :thumbsup:

I really think that if Calleigh is on the chopping block it'll be ONLY because Emily decided to leave. TPTB know how important Calleigh is to the show and how much she is loved so it would be a very unwise decision to kill her. Plus it'll leave them with only one female CSI and a huge male cast.

2. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

I feel like we can assume that the person who frames Ryan may also be the person to betray Horatio. I don't really know, but it just makes sense to me. If Emily wanted to leave for personal reasons that would be fine with me and I would continue to follow her career, but I might not watch the show anymore. It's hard to think that it's already finale time soon. This season just went by really fast for me and I desperately want more hiphugger scenes. But until we hear something new, that is my opinion on the situation.

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I completely agree.

But if ....

but if Call were to leave then they should be now start introducing a new female character to avoid another Jesse start - up.
    And they havenĀ“t. Besides for the Eric character if he looses yet another girlfriend and the character has to build -up another relationship. THEN it would be so "been there - done that". Which alot of fans allready felt with the second shooting of Eric. Just IMO.
    So if Call were to leave for at teaching job then keep them together and get on with the show

4. lia123

lia123 Victim

I agree with what you said and i also thing that it doesn't make sense after they bring back Adam for the next season to take Call...i think that it is to much a risk for the TPTB..loosing fans of Emily and E/C..
    I personally thing that I whould not Continue watching the show (At least not in that Devotion)

*crossfingers* *HAPPY ENDING*;)

5. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

And let's not forget, folks, that Emily mentioned during her recent interview on the Craig Ferguson nighttime talk show, that she'd been discussing Season 9 wardrobe with one of the CSIM show-runners. And then, on the E! News preview interviews for "Backfire," she was commenting on how she felt about the prospect of Adam writing and/or directing a couple of Season 9 episodes. I don't think that she would've been doing either of these things if she was planning on leaving the show at the end of Season 8. I'm pretty confident that Emily/Calleigh will be back next season, esp. now that Adam will be back full-time.
    ------------------------------------
    Chap. 10 of my fic, "A Dozen Years of 'Almosts': an E/C Retrospective," is up @ http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5818246/10/

6. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Oh my gosh, you're so right! Why would Emily be leaving if she was discussing season 9 wioth showrunners? Awesome and it makes my day. Thanks.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  7. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Before anything else Happy Mother's Day hiphuggerland!;)
    I can't believe this thread is so dead at this time... I guess not a lot of EC fans bother posting in this thread anymore although I know there are still a lot of us lurking around.:(

As for me,I just wanna say that I can't wait for Mondays the whole month of May. There is so much to look forward to storyline wise and of course Eric will be in all the remaining episodes- I just hope they won't do the same thing as LA when there were no EC scenes at all.
    Anyway, here's my thoughts for Ep. 8.22 ad 8.23:

[SPOILER="Thoughts on Ep 8.22 & Ep 8.23]I think it is in this episode that Calleigh starts being suspicious with Eric, maybe she'll notice how weird Eric and Natalia are around each other, she'll also question Eric on how Nevins knew something about Walter. So in Ep 8.23 she tailed Eric and confronted him just before he met up with Rebecca. Calleigh caused Eric to be late with his rendezvous with Nevins and in a way saved his life.[/SPOILER]

8. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I think you are right EC4Evr! I do lurk here but since there is no new spoilers etc we have nothing to discuss...
    I really hope there will be no problems with them towards the end of season. Writers tend to do that towards the end of every season recently, and don't forget that we are still waiting for the 'defining moment'. I'm a bit worried about it, it's been too good between them recently and we all know what writers are capable of. They just won't leave anyone happy...

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I think we are not going to get our defining moment this year.

Reason:

1.We are to close to season finale.
    2. They are change something as Adam is returning full -time. Instead of planning with a end this year
    3. IF ...it is guessing...Em is leaving then they have to plan either a break- up this year or next. Or having them off screen and downtone the ship as actress would be no longer on show.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

You're right I had forgotten about that. There's hope she'll stick around and that's a really good thing cause watching without Adam was boring and torture so I don't want to imagine how it would be watching without Emily.

It has been dead even when good things are shown between EC. At least compared to how it was at a given time when in one day pages were written. I think it has to do a lot with Adam being away this season but also with all the negativity that this forum posess towards EC. Frankly I got tired of reading post after post about how EC has screwed up the show and how it's all garbage so I left and I know there's other EC shippers like me that left for the same reason. Even now that I'm back I've limited the threads I post in because I don't want to get into the same repetitive song. I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion but there's just plain insulting so I prefer to just stay away. Even though this thread is not as alive as before it's still a good place to come and share the goodness of EC with some really cool people ;).

I honestly don't know what they are going to do with the "defining moment". It is my opinion that with Adam's decision to return full time that the defining moment was affected. That could either be positive or negative but since we don't know what the moment was going to be like we can't tell. Is it too much to ask that they end the season on a good note? Probably, right? :lol:

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  11. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I agree with you hiphugger17, I know I stopped posting on this thread because there is so much negativity toward E/C. I still come here to read what other's are saying, but between the rules and the hostility, it's not worth my time anymore. I understand that everyone has their own opinion about the show and the character's but as far as I'm concerned the rule's here favor the dislikers of the coupling of E/C. So why bother?! I post where my opinion is looked at with a open mind, I love this couple and I don't care who doesn't, it won't make me change my mind about them.

12. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Oh, famous 'dislike' thread...I know. People being negative(the same people) and just have to rant about our favourite couple, even thought there wasn't many scenes with Eric and Cal this season. With Adam being gone most of the episodes and with early episodes not satisfying any of us you would think that most of the negativity would calm down. but no. I really think that these last two episodes showed that the romance can be played subtly and in the background, sweet few scenes, but it was still enough to make some people complain and ridicule. Enough to make Calleigh be called 'bitch' and comment on her weight like it was the most important thing.
    I still like this forum and I post here often, mostly because I have lots of time trying not to think about my coming labour, but all this negativity is offputting.
    And you know what was funny? The ratings were up in Backfire where and Eric and Cal were shown hugging in the promo, while there was no Eric and even Jake in the promo in Meltdown and the episode didn't do too well...but of course everyone is blaming EC for that.

13. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

As I commented a couple of months ago, the hostility towards E/C has started to spill over from the "Dislike E/C Storyline" thread in the main CSI Miami section of this forum to other threads like the CSIM "Spoilers" and episode threads. Kala79, I really appreciate the way you diplomatically reminded some of the anti-E/C posters in the "Mommie Dearest" episode thread to limit their anti-E/C sentiment to the appropriate thread. (Bravo!:thumbsup:) I don't go to the "Dislike E/C Storyline" thread anymore (it's too depressing/frustrating). But if you or any other Hiphugger-fans do go there and see people using foul or inappropriate language (like calling Emily/Calleigh a "bitch":rolleyes:), please don't forget to use the "Notify Moderator" button.

It's really a bummer how quiet this thread gets sometimes. As many E/C fans posted here after "In the Wind," they were put off by the fact that the sentiments of a small (but vocal) group of anti-E/C posters have been allowed to turn this entire forum in one that is quite anti-E/C in tone.:( (And, of course, Adam/Eric's absence this season certainly hasn't helped to increase traffic in this thread). I tend to visit and post at the CBS forum much more often that I do here for this reason. That forum is not as diligently moderated as this one is, but ironically, the posts there -- both pro-Hiphuggers and anti-E/C -- tend to be much more civil in general.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Anyway, back to Eric and Calleigh.:) I do hope we get an E/C moment in tonight's episode, even if it is a subtle one. Since this episode will be about the Mommie-from-Hell, perhaps we could get a nice Hiphugger moment where E & C talk about parenthood. They touched on that subject back in "CSI: My Nanny," before they were dating. It would be great to see them talking about what Calleigh might be like as a mother now that she and Eric are romantically involved. :adore: I'm not holding my breath that we'll get this type of scene tonight, but it doesn't hurt to dream, does it?:p

I'm also a bit concerned about what the CSIM writers will do with Calleigh and Eric's relationship as we approach the season finale. We were supposed to get our "defining moment" this season, but with only 3 episodes left until the finale, this looks like less and less of a possibility. I agree with Ajbuckly that TPTB probably changed their minds on the timetable for their handling of the E/C romance now that Adam will be back full-time next season. If the writers' pattern continues, Adam's return will probably be an excuse for them to mess with E/C and prolong the ambiguity.:shifty: I really hope I'm wrong in this prediction, but until the most recent couple of episodes, the CSIM writers seemed allergic to just letting Eric & Calleigh be happy.

I'm crossing my fingers that with Krystal Houghton (she wrote WISC) co-writing "Mommie Dearest," we'll get a cute E/C moment or two tonight. That would make 3 good E/C episodes in a row!

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  14. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

It's sad that a lot of hiphuggers lost interest posting in this forum. I can't blame them-who needs all this negativity & rules! I only feel confident posting on this thread. I won't be surprised when we get reprimanded discussing this topic here.*
    Enough said- onto our fave couple. You know I really think that the "defining moment" was in "Backfire". Maybe the writers idea of defining is different from ours--maybe they don't think it has to be a verbal declaration of love. The fact that Eric was in the ep solely to be by Cal's side & the tender scene at the end for me speaks more than words could ever say. Besides everyone knows that they're a couple even Jake.
    I believe they will remain a couple all through out the series. The strain in the relationship that Marc Dube mentioned in the article posted in the main page i'm sure will be resolved before the season ends.
    Delquesne-- I'm hoping that we'd get a similar opening scene in WISC & ITW since it's Krystal & Bret co writing for this ep.;)

15. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Watched the episode, we got a cute E/C scene towards the beginning of the episode. I feel bad for Eric, he doesn't want to do this to his friends and girlfriend and even tried to back out but unfortunately he has no choice.

I think Calleigh got suspicious after she saw Stetler and Eric talking. Then there was the ending that looked suspicious as well but was later explained through the promos for the next episode. Looks like Calleigh and the rest of the team find out the truth about Eric's investigation, I just hope they don't turn on him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.