Gary #7; Baby, You can be my Breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that makes sense. That is a talent Gary has, that talent of saying more by not actually saying anything - it's one of the reasons I love s1 Mac, and certain later episodes like Yahrzeit, so much. I guess part of that is the way Wharton wrote the book, and Mother, but I also think a big part of it is down to Gary's acting skills - he does so well with the amount of screen time he has, creates such a strong, powerful character, that you can 'feel' him there even when he's not physically there.

agreed - what i thought was odd was that he has just as much presence in the film as the book even though the character is 'bigger' (in terms of dialogue etc) in the book. they cut him down quite a bit but he's still pretty central to the whole thing and like you said, he's a presence even off screen.

Oh, and the very first scene where he's screaming and running through the forest and ripping off all his clothes, he's not even saying anything, as such, but the scene's incredibly powerful and disturbing.

yeah, it's great, although i actually think it's the bit immediately after that's better - when knott comes to retrieve him and he's really upset and doesn't believe knott could possibly convince anyone he's unwell enough to get leave, i love that bit, it's so sad and he does a brilliant job with it.

I think we get to see that talent of Gary's - of saying something without actually saying anything, and saying it more powerfully than the script could by actually saying it, though not as much as I'd like (*pokes TPTB*) in CSI NY - for example, that scene at the end of Blink when Mac is at Ground Zero. He doesn't say a word, but it's incredibly emotional and sad and powerful. They really ought to let Gary show more of his range on CSI NY.

completely agree. i want to see some toast in csi ;) me and jade nolan do seem to have developed a new hobby/drinking game (well, it is the latter for me anyway!) of spotting moments when mac channels austin - ie when gary's acting style/voice/whatever is just so like austin it's uncanny, even though he's playing mac. i really like seeing little bits of his other roles come through. i just wish a bit more of austin could come through, because austin = <3 <3 <3 <3

I don't think we'll ever get Mac running through the lab screaming and ripping off all his clothes

damn! spoilsports ;)

but I'd love to see Mac get really, really angry and lose it completely, for example, or to see more of that vulnerable side of him, perhaps. Gary has a real talent for playing strong characters who are also very vulnerable and human and flawed

completely agree! i can't remember if it was him that said it or someone said it about him but there was a quote about how he always plays heroes with flaws and villains who are never entirely nasty. i wish i could find the quote, i can hear it in my head but i can't find it (or, for jade nolan's benefit, get it out on paper!!)

Uggh. It is so frustrating to have to wait until Gary Sinise sees your tweet and replies or retweets it. :eek: I've tweeted at him many times but so far, none. Grr. :scream::scream:

Just thought I'd share to you fellow Gary Lovers. ;):lol::)

^ i was thinking that too but someone told me that you can only see people's tweets @ you, if you are following them, so unless he's following you the only way he'll see your tweet is if he searches on his own name.... but i might be wrong...

^ i was thinking that too but someone told me that you can only see people's tweets @ you, if you are following them, so unless he's following you the only way he'll see your tweet is if he searches on his own name.... but i might be wrong...

Yeah, that's what I thought. :lol: But if you go to the right side of your "home" there's like a @yourusername and if you click it, you can see everyone who tweeted @ you. Guess he's just busy or something. :shifty:

As far as Twitter goes, he will be able to see whatever you send to him with @gary. It's the direct messaging that only works if you follow each other. He's probably getting thousands of Tweets a day and is just picking a select few for replies, otherwise its all he'd do.

Just so you know, AJ Buckley, Carmine and Hill Harper from CSI:NY are all on Twitter as well. Plus there's a show account that sends out updates.

Someone needs to show Gary how to post Twitpics, then we'll be away to the races!

Just so you know, AJ Buckley, Carmine and Hill Harper from CSI:NY are all on Twitter as well. Plus there's a show account that sends out updates.

Someone needs to show Gary how to post Twitpics, then we'll be away to the races!

Oh, thanks! Imma go search them now. :lol:

And, Gary fans, did you know he directed an episode of China Beach?
Starring one Marg Helegenberger. aka: Catherine Willows from CSI Vegas??
I had no idea. :eek:

Marg was on the Rachael Ray show yesterday talking about seeing stars from other CSI shows. She mentioned running into Gary at a function in Hollywood a few years ago.

I'll get the link so I don't mess up exactly what she said, but it was nice. :D

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’s leading lady Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows) spoke to Rachael Ray about the show, new costar Laurence Fishburne (Dr Ray Langston), her life on the dating scene and running into CSI: New York’s Gary Sinise (Mac Taylor).
As CSI Files previously reported, Helgenberger stopped by the Rachael Ray Show on Thursday, May 6. With CSI preparing to finish its tenth season on the air, the actress wonders how the time has passed so quickly. “Wow, where did those ten years go?” She asked. “At times it feels like an eternity [since] we started, and then it seems like just yesterday.” The cast still works long hours, but not as long as when the show first began. “We get it down to 12 hours a day,” she added, explaining that they work for ten-and-a-half months out of the year.
The addition of Laurence Fishburne to the cast in the wake of William Petersen’s (Gil Grissom) departure has reinvigorated the series. “He’s funny, he’s cool, he’s a great actor, a class act—he’s just been great,” Helgenberger said of her new costar. “We’ve really enjoyed having him on the show.”
The actress added that CSI has found its stride this season. “Last season was the transition of Billy leaving the show and Laurence coming on, and I think this year we really got it,” she said. “His character was more defined, and the ensemble group was more defined too.”
When it comes to working with a male-dominated cast like CSI, Helgenberger knows just how to hold her own. “With a whip,” she teased. “They’re very cool guys. We have a lot of fun. Honestly, we all really like and respect each other, so we laugh a lot.”
Helgenberger enjoys being an actress. “I like my job. I love playing off somebody,” she explained. Her wishlist of costars includes Al Pacino, Viggo Mortensen and Catherine O’Hara.
When it comes to the actors from the two CSI spinoffs, Helgenberger is familiar with some of her franchise costars. “We occasionally bump into each other at various events and things like that,” she said. “Some of them I’ve met before, and some of them I’m just meeting then.” One person she met before they shared the CSI connection was CSI: New York leading man Gary Sinise. Several years ago, she bumped into the actor at Universal CityWalk in Los Angeles, California. She was there for a charity event with her son, Hugh, and Sinise was watching his own son perform with a band on stage.
“I actually have known Gary since he directed an episode of China Beach, which was my first series,” Helgenberger explained. Back then, she and Sinise shared their experiences as new parents since they had both welcomed new babies into the world—to meet again when Hugh was 15 and Sinise’s son was performing in a band was interesting. “It was just so cool,” she said.

From our csifiles. :)

Last edited:
Hello! :)

Gosh it seems it's been forever since I've posted in here! :alienblush: But thank god it's weekend and I thought that "today I'm gonna go lurking in here!" :lol:

Well I'm havin' a bit of a flu right now. *cough* *sniff* *cough*
051.gif

Yeah I heard and check Gary in Twitter myself. I think it's aweseme! Know I know I didn't get Twitter for nothing hahah! :lol: It's great to hear news straight from him for a change. ;)

Okay I thought I'd need some medicine
361.gif
so I'll feel better next week. And what would be better than pics from our fav man! :D

I know there's are posted many times before but...:rolleyes: I know this is lame excuse but "I couldn't help myself!" :guffaw:

Sinise_Of_Mice_And_Men_copia_2-1.jpg

Now this helps me to remember 'hot summer' :drool::drool::drool::drool: You know I'm a country girl and we have a farm...I wouldn't mind to get him as a farm-hand! :lol::devil::devil::devil:

OUT909130-1.jpg

So tempting...I'm sure if I would lay there next to him I'd be okay in a blink of a eye! :lol:

Sinise_Shoot_000_1_copia-1.jpg

Arms...arms...Do I need to say how sexy they're!? :drool::drool::drool:

gary210.jpg

This one then it's just PERFECT! :adore::adore::adore:

Yes, that makes sense. That is a talent Gary has, that talent of saying more by not actually saying anything - it's one of the reasons I love s1 Mac, and certain later episodes like Yahrzeit, so much. I guess part of that is the way Wharton wrote the book, and Mother, but I also think a big part of it is down to Gary's acting skills - he does so well with the amount of screen time he has, creates such a strong, powerful character, that you can 'feel' him there even when he's not physically there.

agreed - what i thought was odd was that he has just as much presence in the film as the book even though the character is 'bigger' (in terms of dialogue etc) in the book. they cut him down quite a bit but he's still pretty central to the whole thing and like you said, he's a presence even off screen.
Definitely. I haven't read the book, but just watching the film, Gary makes Mother 'bigger' than he is in terms of actual screentime.

Oh, and the very first scene where he's screaming and running through the forest and ripping off all his clothes, he's not even saying anything, as such, but the scene's incredibly powerful and disturbing.

yeah, it's great, although i actually think it's the bit immediately after that's better - when knott comes to retrieve him and he's really upset and doesn't believe knott could possibly convince anyone he's unwell enough to get leave, i love that bit, it's so sad and he does a brilliant job with it.[/quote]
Oh yeah, I love that scene too. Heh, I love every scene he's in.

I don't think we'll ever get Mac running through the lab screaming and ripping off all his clothes

damn! spoilsports ;)
I know. Maybe after a very stressful encounter with Sinclair or some other boss-type person...:devil:

but I'd love to see Mac get really, really angry and lose it completely, for example, or to see more of that vulnerable side of him, perhaps. Gary has a real talent for playing strong characters who are also very vulnerable and human and flawed

completely agree! i can't remember if it was him that said it or someone said it about him but there was a quote about how he always plays heroes with flaws and villains who are never entirely nasty. i wish i could find the quote, i can hear it in my head but i can't find it (or, for jade nolan's benefit, get it out on paper!!)

Oh, that's a lovely quote. I think on NY they've done a pretty good job of letting Mac be flawed, but I wish they'd do it a bit more, especially as that would give Gary the opportunity to show his range.

I read that you've been talking about Midnight Clear. Well I haven't seen the film but what I've read and seen pictures I believe I would love it. Not that I love history and especially second WW period. I've watched that many films where Gary is that I know exactly how different emotions he's capable play even in a same film. And the emotions are "strong" wheter it's anger, sadness, love etc. I remember when I saw Impostor first time when there was interrogation part and he 'acted that he's the bomb' it was quite creepy to be honest...:lol: I hadn't seen that many films of his in that point so it was quite surprise for me! But I love that part.

Indeed he doesn't need words to show emotions...Just look his expressions, eyes especially and you'll see it. I've always found is amazing. There's not that many actors who speak with their eyes and I'm pround to say that Gary is one of them. :)

It's a shame but yeah I don't think we'll see it! :lol: Mac is so controlled/ not showing his motions person that wouldn't never happen! Somehow that comment made me remember one of Gary's comments about Mac. It was something like this:'
"We'll wait season 8 and something big happens. I'll throw the gloves away and start dancing!"

Hilarious comment! I'd love to see that happening! But somehow I can imagine Gary going something so spontaneous but Mac...not quite! :guffaw:

but I'd love to see Mac get really, really angry and lose it completely, for example, or to see more of that vulnerable side of him, perhaps. Gary has a real talent for playing strong characters who are also very vulnerable and human and flawed Quote:
Oh, that's a lovely quote. I think on NY they've done a pretty good job of letting Mac be flawed, but I wish they'd do it a bit more, especially as that would give Gary the opportunity to show his range.
I'd love to see it too! I'm sure Gary would act it awesomely...though when he doesn't?!? :lol:

Gary Signing pictures on a pizza box.

98772773.jpg

Gary + Lt. Dan Band, Steppenwolfgala 5.8.2010

30560_120171744679651_1131655253802.jpg

Gary + Lt. Dan Band Chicago (benifit USVAP) 5.7.2010

31110_120468504649975_1131655253802.jpg

021-1.gif
021-1.gif
021-1.gif
021-1.gif
021-1.gif
021-1.gif