CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

could finally watch the vid!!! thank you Perl!!!! :D :D it looks awesome!! :D love the light banter between them at the beginning - that little, "It's okay..." with the turn had me grinning! :D and the medic in me that can identify sirens and tell by how emergency vehicles pull up and drive what kind of scene they're going to, could totally relate to and got super geeked at the way mac immediately assessed what was going on! :D

*bounces* can't wait!!! :D

2. Flackhoney

Flackhoney Hit and Run

Thanks for the video! I can't wait for this episode.

3. Flackhoney

Flackhoney Hit and Run

Is the Unusual Suspects the one with Flack taking care of the other boy?

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Probably Peyton!!!!:lol:

Yes and when he is done I take care of Flack!:devil:

5. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Loved the video of Mac and Aubrey. I think maybe the video came out a week early but that's okay. I think Aubrey is adorable and good for Mac. She's a bit playful and I like that. Heck, I'm straight and married but if Mac doesn't want her I'll take her!

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i've only just seen the clip - omg it's so cute :D <3

7. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Come to Jesus shoulda had a wee precursor, I can't help thinking, but I wouldn't mind if the show did have a scene between these two about badge related matters as well.

When does Danny ever get to the point of not needing to be mentored anymore? I'd thought the show had sort of crossed that point, even if they still wanna use his character as the Utility F*ck Up. Lindsay and Flack have also both had scenes with him about this. And Flack of all people is also losing his patience, all but washed his hands of it. That will likely have changed now that Casey's escaped.

Given all that's happened, a sit down on it's own as a response would just not feel proportionate to me. I don't want to see Danny chewed out for the sake of it, I just want to see what feels a measured response to what's happened, some form of acknowledgment before he and Lindsay become sympathetic targets of Casey's malevolence in the finale. This is too big a matter to sweep aside without him having to account for his actions (or non-actions).

Mac as his boss and head of the labs would also have every right here to be pissed and disappointed, even and possibly especially in capacity as Lucy's godfather too.

Agree.

...so do I hafta start brushing up on bastardizing names again? :lol:. Gale's a bit tougher than Bobby, but I could put my mind to it :p.

...doh. Well. If viewers want the return of Angsty Danny, this could be the start...

Thanks for the link perlnoir :)

...po'...? ...eh wha?? :lol: most seem quite vocal and happy to speak their minds if they've wished :lol: :)

from the understated deli beginning to a brief lab visit to a playful you show me your pizza joint I'll show you mine, a true NY exchange :lol:. Was very cute. They could take their current tagline from that scene :lol:, "Too sweet (is what makes it good) but with high marks for just the right amount of cheese," :lol:.

and I wish I had your *energy* :lol:

She seems to bring that out in him a bit too :p. They do seem to be looking for ways to sidestep what one might think would be the usual integration of a doc character into the crime-related aspects of the ep.

I think I also like someone who calls carrot crushed tomato sauce blasphemous too :lol: I guess she's a pizza purist :lol:

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

exactly - for him not to get a dressing down would be so out of place with previous events (way back to s1) that it would be ridiculous. it's not like mac's never yelled at him before either, i don't really buy the idea of him just needing a supportive talking to, he's a grown up, not a precious flower, and he should have to take responsibility for what he's done, even if it means getting yelled at.

she does, and it's nice to see this other side to mac, the fun side (which has been there before but less prominent). i like them together a lot, i think also it's quite interesting how, when they realised what was happening over the road, they *both* went into professional mode immediately. normally that's mac's territory, it's nice to see she's a match for him in that sense too.

haha i think it sounds quite nice! mmmcarrots! but then i'm not the world's biggest pizza fan. i also think it should be the title of... well, something :)

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Why of course:thumbsup: this is a talk forum is it not!!!:lol::) And with that I shall not slide into the minutiae of Aubry slobber and soil our illusions of the admirations of perfection!:lol:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  10. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

it is fun to see, which is one of the reasons she was brought in apparently, but it's also a good observation about the professional side, and I hope the show doesn't let that aspect of her slide, seeing as that is also something that supposedly drew them together.

aw, I'm not a purist, but doesn't everyone have their own pizza place that's the best on the planet? :p And it does sorta sound like it could be better in soup than pizza sauce :lol: (and what is it that should be the title? blasphemous carrots? could be a good name for a band or a tour :lol:)

I meant it didn't seem as though the 'Po Smackies were being picked on or unduly persecuted whilst partaking of what the talk forum is for nor shy in purveying their point of view :lol:;)

And no worries, I'm sure the manusha will rinse off :p. (What, does it really burn?)

Give her time yet, she's only had five minutes onscreen, oh so absolutely overwhelmingly flooding the show with her presence :p. I'm sure Aubrey will do something to piss people off at some point, its inevitable. Beyond just being there, that is. As soon as the show makes her foibled no doubt the frenzy will start. In the mean time, hey, there's still Peyton to tide discontent over...:p

I think the show's being pretty restrained. Perhaps that's because they're leaving things open ended, or perhaps they're just being more mindful of how much time should be devoted to it, enough to establish a baseline to then throw other stories (and triangles) at. Who knows. I'm reserving most judgment until the eps actually air. Mean time for me, I like what I've seen, I like the dynamic, her inclusion doesn't seem to be detracting from the show, and I fully expect Flack will get some great stuff center stage too. I'm happier about the prospect of sitting thru eps like this and more skeptical of a doomhanger finale with a whacked out Casey and DLL dramz. I'm trying to be positive with the whole 'it could possibly be a good step up for their characters' slant :p, but it could be a very bad step backwards all but obliterating hope they can be individuals again too. Will wait and see.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Henceforth I shall refrain from pontificating upon my podium of self indulgence and purvey no more!!:lol:

Only when I hurl!!:lol:

Well I thought I would get the "ole pots a churning" because who really cares about Peyton she is boring!:lol:

Rats and then you go and get all serious on me..I have to agree on this point:p

It sure has made the hiatus fun!:thumbsup::lol: And we can only HOPE for our beloved Flack time:drool:

Aw an then you go an spoil it all by reminding me of the upcoming hemorrhoid I have to contend with geezzz:rolleyes: Lets hope they take that final step back as I see there heels touching the edge of the cliff!:lol:

12. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Some news about the finale :

Wednesday, May 26 CSI: NY-As the CSIs follow escaped criminal Shane

(10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) Casey’s (Edward Furlong) trail across Manhattan, miles away from the mayhem. Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) and Lindsay (Anna Belknap) are enjoying a long overdue vacation until Casey’s plans threaten to endanger both their lives in this cliffhanger finale. ​

It looks like Lucy maybe is not with them:):)

13. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Thanks for the info!!

So,we have to wait a month to see what happens in the finale:(?
    Days don't pass very quickly when you want it.:scream:

14. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I will say I'm really glad they're airing the finale on Wednesday -- I missed last year's finale on TV because they decided to show it on a Thursday instead :shifty:

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

woo go me and my good observation! i should be a detective :D

but yes, i like that they seem quite similar in terms of professional dedication - mac's fun side has only been intermittent in the past but i think we all know it's there, so it's nice to see it being dragged out kicking and screaming ;)

er no, i don't :p i'm really not a fan of pizza generally, i'd never choose it over other things normally - that said if i get a pizza craving, *nothing* else will do, it has to be pizza. it doesn't happen often though...

haha yeah it'd be fantastic! let's form a band! i think the blasphemous carrots could take the world by storm :lol:

this is very true. (*refrains from quoting austin at this juncture*)

exactly! *note to self* dammit woman, why do you have to be so agreeable?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.