Episode 8x20 - "Backfire" - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Apr 17, 2010.

1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Futon Critic

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Monday, April 19, 2010
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#820) "Backfire"

A VICTIM'S SPIRIT WON'T LEAVE CALLEIGH ALONE UNTIL SHE FINDS JUSTICE FOR HIS MURDER, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, APRIL 19

"Backfire" - A victim's spirit won't leave Calleigh alone until she finds justice for his murder, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, April 19 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS
    Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
    Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez
    Jesse Cardoza............................ Eddie Cibrian
    Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
    Walter Simmons............................ Omar Miller

RECURRING CAST
    Tom Loman...................... Christian Clemenson

GUEST CAST
    Patrick Dawson..................... Robert Bailey Jr.
    Henry Dawson............................. John Beasley
    Karl Tannen.................................. Mike Doyle
    Stephanie Hollister...................... Robin Bartlett
    Officer Jane Marshall............... Meghan Markle
    Ralph Zimmerman....................... Chris Dollard
    Doctor................................... Scott Alan Smith
    Nurse...................................... Jennifer Weston
    EMT........................................... Eugene Shaw

WRITTEN BY: Tamara Jaron & Melissa Scrivner
    DIRECTED BY: Don Tardino
    RATING: To Be Announced

2. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I'm only looking partially toward it because I no longer trust the writing staff to write with reality and accuracy. If they did, I'd be all over this episode with bated breath. As it is, I'm only cautiously optomistic. If Calleigh is supposed to be so near death, than future episodes should bear that out and I know they won't. Why can the other branches of this franchise have far more real fallout than this one? Right, I forgot. Red-headed step child ( look it up, it's no allusion to David Caruso)

Adam Rodriguez and Emily Procter are the only reason that I'm watching this. Really, at his point, after Adam's departure this season, Emily is. If she leaves, so do I because this series has nothing beyond that to keep me here. I followed her from The West Wing to CSI: Miami. I like the actress and her skills. She leaves: why should I watch a joke?

3. electra

electra Pathologist

Well,at least Eric will be on this episode so I will give this one a try.Is this also the episode where Eric is investigating the lab?

4. slower

slower Lab Technician

I am watching for Ryan (first and foremost) and then Calleigh's interactions with the dead guy and how thye solve this case. I am however not interested in the least bit about the scenes at Calleigh's bedside.:rolleyes:

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Ditto.Natalia will also be in this episode and I always enjoy her as well as her interactions with everyone else.

6. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:guffaw:The two-sided fandom of CSI Miami: those of you who watch only for Eric/Calleigh and those of us who watch in spite of Eric/Calleigh, leaving few, if any, viewers who remain on the fence.

7. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Agreed. 100%. ;)

I am looking forward to it, though. I'm hopeful, let's just say that! It looks interesting to me... SO... we shall see in a couple days-----

8. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

The episode that Eric is investigating the lab is the next one called Meltdown.

9. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Proud to be on the fence, I just wanna watch a Miami episode for the sake of spending a good 42 minutes and believe me when I say all that I am waiting for is Emily's performance, she does never disappoint me. :)

10. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Same here! Lol.
    I haven't really watched many episodes this season, only the ones with Eric and the ones I knew Calleigh would have a bigger part in. This is a definite "watch" though! I saw the extended promo and I'm very anxious to see the epi, especially the scene at the morgue with Eric and Calleigh :thumbsup:!

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I am only terrified by this episode. I'm sure 100% that most of it will be exactly the same as 7x14 - "Smoke Gets Into Your CSIs".........only it will be even less realistic than that one.

I am gonna watch it only to see whether Melinda Gordon ehm Calleigh will be able to lead the guy towards the light :lol:....nothing else also because I've already seen that what I was wating for to happen to Ryan is never gonna happen :rolleyes::shifty:

12. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

A hint of that keeps tugging at me... I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I don't have a lot of faith in the writers right now either... :p Part of me REALLY wants to think it's new, fresh, and different... :lol:

(and your icon is REALLY hot, BTW:drool:)

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I don't have faith in the two writers for this episode.I've been disappointed by them during this season.

14. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

Ditto for me! :thumbsup:

15. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

What a perfect description of what's become of the CSI Miami fandom, inthewind! I agree with you absolutely.

The only part of CSI Miami that holds my interest at this point are the parts WITHOUT Calleigh/Eric. In fact I won't be watching in real time Monday night because it will be a Calleigh centric episode and at this point I just can't stomach that crap any longer. I'll be watching Castle real time and DVR CSI Miami for possible viewing at a later time - depending upon reviews from those I trust to give an objective opinion. And only to see Horatio, Natalia, Ryan, Frank, Jesse and Walter.

It actually makes me sad that I've become so seriously disallusioned about what used to be my favorite show. I've been a very loyal viewer of this show since episode one - season one. Then again, it's not like they've valued my feelings for the past 4 years anyway.