Emily/Calleigh#12: -'Une très jolie petite blonde''

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I agree with you Ladyd10. I didn't watch much of this season but have to say that from what I've read it's not going to be an interesting season...
    And I also think that ff writers are much more skilled and detail-orientated than paid writers...

2. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

Couldn't have said it better myself. And hello to all, considering I haven't been on for well over a year. Hmm, wonder why? *sarcasm* Listening to Jess, and others talk about how this site has bashed my two favorite characters and actors, not surprised I'm not on at all anymore. Just came by to wave and check out the stuff. Can't WAIT til Adam comes back in 8x20 and full time next year. THEN I'll start watching again. Til then, tweet you on Twitter.
    jen

3. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

This is just a general reminder that discussion of other members, or groups of members, doesn't belong here.

This thread is for discussion about Emily/Calleigh.

4. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

FieldMouse, you're entirely right, but is there enough of a movement that we could set up a counter thread since this seems to upset a lot of us, myself included? I mean, Emily is being viciously bashed over at the dislike thread and her supporters are being beaten down hard. Can we get a support thread besides this loveley and loving one?

We don't want to discuss the haters here, but we need to vent somewhere.

5. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

OOOps, ladyd10 edit the last sentence ;)

I don't go to the 'why we dislike it' thread and if I go, I don't get upset because it's still the same people writing the same things. And recently there is quite interesting language conversation going on there. I learned few new English words :)

In the UK they are showing now episodes from early seasons. Emily looked much more cheerful back then - I mean she had different hairstyles, wearing different colours and her voice wasn't so dead serious like now. I think it's interesting how her character changed over the years - all these negative things in her life(Speed's death, shooting of Eric, failed relationships etc) took its toll. That's why I think she is a very good actress.

6. FieldMouse

Ladyd10, there is no need for a "counter thread". To reiterate what I said above, the discussion of other posters and groups does not belong here, nor will it belong on any other thread. If you want to discuss Emily, this is the thread for that, but it will not be used to discuss other posters.

Please keep in mind that stating that you disagree with what Emily says in an interview is not bashing. I know that there were concerns that some might be bashing Emiliy, and those were addressed in the thread in question several days ago.

However, I would like to point out that using the term "haters" is bashing, and should not be used.

7. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Yeah, Kala, don't go there. It isn't worth your attention or grief.

But can we open a discussion thread besides the Eric/ Calleigh one to help us vent without getting beaten up by the bullies that have taken hold of the dislike/hate threads? They now meld in my mind since the same posters are there.

I realise the whole telling us to stay away is a solid concept, but, lets face it, we're being bullied (bullying seminar at work this week awoke new awareness.) and the only way to stop it is to stand up to it. Can we please have a support thread besides this one which is positive and loving? They have two.

They bare both geared to outright hatred and loathing. It's not fair. You, as s a mod, I'm asking if it's fair to have another thread. They are spewing dislike and pure outright hatred. It really needs to be countered with the positive and good. Balance and all.

Totally outside this thread so that they can be discusses as this Eric and Calleigh dicussion is being trashed. I'm willing to open it.

8. FieldMouse

Please see my response above.

9. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Oookaay! Back to Emily.....
    It has been said that a trademark of a good actor is when they use their eyes to emote their feelings-- and Emily does that remarkably well. I was watching old episodes yesterday and I really miss the cheerful Calleigh. I wish we could see more of that now since she has someone in her life to make her happy.
    BTW, does anybody know how she learned to speak Spanish?

10. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Good question! I don't think it was ever revealed on the show just how Calleigh (or Horatio, for that matter) learned to speak Spanish. (Our resident CSI Miami historians/experts should feel free to chime in here;)). I remember a funny scene in the CSI Miami pilot (1st) episode, where Horatio and Calleigh had an entire conversation in Spanish just to irritate the obnoxious FBI guy who was trying to bully them.:guffaw: I guess that we were just supposed to assume that Calleigh learned Spanish because it would be useful for her work, since Miami has a significant Cuban-American population.

Emily has done a remarkable job of portraying Calleigh's evolution as a character. We still see glimpses even today of "cheerful Calleigh," but, on a whole, she's become more somber and introspective. After 12+ years of being surrounded by death, crime, etc., she's understandably not as naive and bubbly as she was as a new CSI. Come to think of it, all of the the other original cast-members still on the show have also changed over time. I was watching my Season 1 DVD the other day, and I couldn't help but notice how much more serious H. has become since the first season. Same with Eric ... he's developed from a happy-go-lucky playboy into a more humble, mature man who's ready to settle down into a relationship with Calleigh.

I don't think that lady10 is requesting a support thread ("counter-thread") for the purpose of discussing other threads or posters. I believe what she's requesting is an "E/C Romance ... Why we LIKE it" thread in the main "Crime Scene/CSI Miami" section of the forum. There, we would be discussing why we like the couple, not what other posters/threads/groups are or are not saying about the E/C romance.

I must say that lady10's idea does have a certain validity to it. After all, the same reasons for having the E/C Romance "Dislike" thread in the main CSI Miami area (not the one in Shipper Central) would apply to an E/C Romance "Like" thread as well. That is, discussion of a canon couple and what they do on the actual show. The anti-E/C-shippers have 2 threads in which to express their opinions (the "E/C Romance ... why we dislike it" thread in the main Crime Scene/CSI Miami section of the forum, plus the "Debate/Dislike a Ship" thread in Shipper Central); while we have only one (the "Eric/Calleigh #38" thread in Shipper Central). This "Emily Procter" thread can't really serve as an E/C-support thread either, since it's for discussion of Emily and Calleigh, not the E/C 'ship. (There are some Emily/Calleigh fans who aren't shippers).

Therefore, it does seem only fair to give the E/C 'shippers equal treatment by letting us have our own support thread in the main Crime Scene/CSI Miami section of the forum. I'm sure we all agree that all forum-members should be treated fairly and equally here.

(Lady10, please let me know if I've misstated your position or anything in your posts.)

FieldMouse, so as not to derail this thread, would the proper procedure be to PM you to ask about setting up an "E/C Romance ... why we like it" thread in this section of forum? I'd like to make sure that I'm following the proper channels. Thanks!:)

11. FieldMouse

Speed_cochrane and I discussed your request for another thread, and have determined that there is no need for a thread in the CSI Miami general forum to discuss the reasons to like the E/C ship because there is already a thread for that in the Shipper Central forum. Another thread here would be superfluous.

Also, please note that the dislike/debate thread in the Shipper Central is to discuss/debate the pros and cons of all possible ships from CSIM, it is not solely a thread for E/C.

12. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

^^^ Alrighty! I appreciate the fact that the mods considered my request, and thanks for letting me know your decision.

Back on the topic of Emily ...

Does anyone know when her new movie, "Barry Munday," will be shown in theaters? I know it's slated for initial film festival release, but I just wanted to know when it'll be available to the general public. If the movie will be in theaters anytime within the next 2 weeks or so, maybe Emily will be on Craig Ferguson's show mainly to promote the film. But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they'll talk at least a little bit about CSIM. A CSIM sneak-peek or two would be great!:thumbsup:

Btw, my Cable Schedule/Guide gave the date of Emily's Craig Ferguson appearance as March 25, 2010. Craig Ferguson's show comes on at 12:35 a.m. where I live, so I guess that's technically the morning of the 25th rather than the night of the 24th. It might be a good idea to double-check the TV schedule/guide in your particular area, just to make sure.:)

13. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Well, I know that it was mentioned in a very early interview that Emily had taken Spanish in school and spoke it fluently. It's a shame that we haven't seen Calleigh use her Spanish in so many seasons. It was a really cool aspect to her character. I believe that I read, a long ago interview with the directors/writers that Emily actually speaks fluent Spanish with a heavy Castillian accent. I can understand every word she's said and I am just learningh Castillian Spanish. To my Cubano/a friends, I have a thick, heavy Castillian accent, but they appreciate it because they can understand every wpord I say. I have been told that repeatedly. They also understand every word that Emily says in Spanish and declare that she speaks Spanish extremely well. That just meshes with what I have read. Good for her! I understand that David Caruso speaks fluenty Spanish, but hates his accent. Okay, gotta feel shy sometimes.

But this post is for Emily and yay Emily for mastering a foreign language! For our European members, this is a hard thing for us. We're, educationally, more geared to getting the non-english speaking, reading and writing population more into functioning position within the American English parameters. Doesn't always happen, but we try. In a nation as large as ours. certain allowances need to happen. Everyone needs to try in pone common language. Emily is trying in two. That's a huge thing in America. I'm trying to learn another language and it's hard.

So, to sum up this post: Hooray Emily! You rock!

14. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

You are right, Emily is really good in spanish. I remember her speaking spanish in the first seasons of the show (they should use that more since it is set in Miami!) and I really loved it. She was graduating in spanish before deciding to change and study journalism and for what I have seen she must be really good. She has a fantastic accent, I completely agree with you, ladyd10!

Delquesne, I can't wait for that interview either and hope she'll talk about Miami, barry munday and so many other things..I mean, how long since last time we had the pleasure to have Emily in a talk show? I so miss her on the screen! We want to know so many things!!!!

15. xcupcakefreakkx

xcupcakefreakkx Dead on Arrival

*sigh* Emily is adorable, sweet, funny, gorgeous AND she speaks spanish? Can I keep her?:wtf:

Omg, can't wait till Wednesday!! I'm really going to enjoy this interview, Craig is a hoot and Emily is hilarious as well, both of them together? One heck of a show! Hopefully she'll give us an update on any pranks shes been playing.:devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.