Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:NY

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

(Now that the episode has aired I think I can "unspoiler" it :confused: )

I didn't know they were going to be in the field together, but what an incredible coincidence that they did just when we we're having this discussion! :lol: And watching their moments was like you previously said : it made me see them differently and I think I'm starting to like them more. I put our discussion in perspective on what I was seeing and it was like a click in some moments. There was this moment in where Danny talked to Lindsay with a funny accent and I couldn't help but go "WTF?" :lol: Maybe reading too many stories to his baby (Lucy? can't remember the name :eek:) has affected him... LOL Lindsay's facial expression to it was priceless :lol:

Which shipping didn't you like at first but started to warm up to?

Yes, yes! I totally forgot about The Box! The progression of Danny's reflections/cogitation was interesting to watch. I think from the very start of CSI:NY Danny have been trying to be a better person and his reaction to the pregnancy kinda showed he either worked very hard on himself between every dispute with Lindsay or that there was more to him, it was there all along but unsuspected? I, personally, don't think he ever gave himself a chance to be that person in his personal life until this whole pregnancy happened. In retrospect of all we know now, being a family man and a good husband/partner was probably the opportunity he waited for and seized. But bringing a child into this world is a very serious thing and means a lot of sacrifices (no frivolity, gigantic responsibility, not having time for yourself and spouse, different kind of romance, etc.) and I like how the importance of it all came across The Box through Danny's monologue. He could have just taken the easiest way and fucked everything up again and realized later his terrible mistake and what he missed on.

Never quite saw it that way! Makes a lot of sense. The baby did provoked all the questions they would have needed answers to sooner or later in their relationship, indeed.

I think now they have found their balance! There was a lot of back and forth that just drive me nuts at one point. It took them so much time to realize what they had for each other. I guess it was part of the "thrill" for those who were shippers from the start but I got really annoyed by it. They're not teenagers anymore but acted like so and I was desperate to see them wear some balls about their feelings for each other, if I can put it like that :lol:

Hahaha :lol: yes! I loved that moment! Like you said, it really doesn't have to be big at all. I don't know if she breastfeed but I would have also been cool with a quick humorous moment about her having to "milk" (sorry I really don't know the term for that in English :eek: I don't want to make her sound like a cow!!!!!!)

HAHAHAHA! :guffaw: That would be more accurate as he is such a proud father, that guy! I could totally see him eventually going on about his amazing skills at being a father to Lindsay. I mean, he's Italian with a baby girl, he'll have to brag at one point or another :lol:

Two case episodes? :confused: I'm not sure I know what you mean by that! I have a terrible memory so just bare with me on this one too... :lol:

2. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Well, I think I can bump right in here. As I made her like Adella (Adam and Stella), as it is one of my favourite ships. Me and Brinchen have talked a lot about the ships in CSI NY, even if we don't always agree.

I am pretty much like Brinchen here by the way. I did not like Flack and Angell at first, and I never understood the Danny/Flack ship nor Terrence/Flack. Until later. So I am openminded and able to change my mind about other ships.

During the first seasons there were always 2 cases. 2 different crimes, and a part of the CSI NY team worked on the first case, while the others solved the other crime. Yet, it was always a good mix between the cases and it never became confusing.

3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Ah, darn it, I must have missed that. But I'll have to rewatch bits of that episode anyway. Oh, I was so happy to see them as a working team again! I really missed that, it reminded me of season 2. I really love them working together, they're a great team in my eyes. There was even this tension between them, I don't know how to describe it, but it seems to always be there when they work together. Especially it was great to see them in the field and talk to this man, we didn't see that in ages. (Actually I could also just post all that in the shipper thread. lol)

That's an interesting one! At the moment I'm at a point where I like all possible ships on the show. DL is my all time favourite of course. But I also like SMacked a lot, and even more FA, and thanks to Vildis I also started to like her ship. But especially with SMacked and FA (which is my second favourite at the moment) I started to like them through discussions with people who have them as their OTP. I tried to see them from their POV and that made me like them as well. Plus I'm a big fanfic fan and seeing people's POV on the characters and their relationships and all helped me as well.

I agree about what you said about The Box, Cyn-B-Demented (btw, do you have a shorty for your name? This one is really long! :D)! I wish we would have seen Lindsay's thoughts on the pregnancy, especially because she has kept it to herself for such a long time and it would have been interesting to see her talk to someone about it, or how she handles it and what she believes would happen. Seeing Danny's POV was very interesting as well though. Like you said, he tried to be a better person, he tried to change and I guess he also planned to take more responsibility. Here he got the chance to show that. Of course he was nervous at first and that's possibly why he unloaded his whole story on the parents. But it seemed to click in his mind while he said all that, that's at least how I feel about it. And at the end of the episode he seemed to have figured out what he wanted; not running away and regretting it later but facing it and doing it right. In my opinion, both, Danny and Lindsay, have grown up a lot through season 5, which for me is the reason why the storyline works so great and why it definitely is no fiasco for me at all. But that's just my opinion. ;)

Yeah. I don't know when they would have gotten married, but the baby brought the topic up and to me it doesn't matter if they got married now or if they would have gotten married in like 5 years or so. To me it always seemed like they did it because of love, and it seems to work. They seem to talk now, which they didn't really do in season 4. The beginning of season 6 is a proof for that in my opinion. To me, they really changed a lot.

Do you mean the back and forth from season 4? I wasn't a fan of that either, because like you said, it took them long to admit what they felt. Then again those ups and downs also are quite interesting when you look back at it, because to me it seems like they learnt from it. Both have really not been talkers before, they rather tried to deal with their feelings on their own. But now it seems like they actually speak them out, talk about them, and all. Like you I'm glad they admitted it and have this balance now. They're together, married; no questions, no 'will they or won't they'. I prefer it this way.

:lol: I think you say 'breastfeeding' (I'm no native speaker either). Oh yeah, I think a little, quick moment like this with Stella would be funny. :lol:

Gosh, and he is one hot Daddy, isn't he? ;) But I'll stop now before I get carried away. Yes, he really is a proud father, he was all the time, even during the pregnancy already. I mean, he was shocked for the first few hours, and then? I bet from all people Danny and Lindsay told about the baby, he told the most. :lol:

I mean the times from season 2 (season 1) to season 4, where they had at least two cases an episode. I loved that a lot better. In those episodes, all characters got to shine as they all got the chance to interact with changing partners and don every part of the job.

Yeah, me, too. Like I said, at the moment there is none I find bad or something. That a ship is possible I never actually doubt, because to me the whole chemistry thing is totally subjective, and when someone sees it, it's there for them; I don't have to see it as well.

Exactly. I want them back.

4. hotspot

hotspot Hit and Run

I have yet to see the episodes with angel, but.
    I'm starting to dislike the Angel/Flack pairing, I mean it's true it can't really go any further since angell is dead. But I don't really like it, I guess it's becuase I like the Mac/Flack pairing x]

5. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

The ship has sailed. :guffaw:

*COUGH*

Mac/Flack is a pairing I don't like AT ALL. I see Mac kinda as a father figure to Don, so in my head that's like incest. :p

6. hotspot

hotspot Hit and Run

7. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

8. hotspot

hotspot Hit and Run

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'm not a fan of the Mac/Flack pairing either. I don't see it quite as father/son, but I don't see a relationship of a romantic kind their either. I much prefer Flack/Danny or Mac/Danny.

10. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I don't understand your dislikement for Flack and Mac. So if you don't mind, I hope you can explain why you dislike them.

I don't mind them. I think they seem to be friends. I mean, they have worked together for so long now and get along well. I cannot see a father and son-relationship though. As I think they just seem to be friends.

But I think Mac seems to have a father and son-relationship with both Adam and Reed. I dislike the relationship with Reed though. For me, it seems like Mac feels forced to spend some time to Reed, talk to him and help him, just because it's his ex-wife's son. While Reed uses it, as his mother is dead and wanted to know more about her. It was like that from the start though. Now he seems to take advantages from Mac, when he is blogging and wants some 'scoops'.

Mac and Adam, well Adam has been very nervous around Mac for a long time. While Mac has been very tolerant and nice, even if Adam has done some crazy things at work. I am not sure if Mac would react the same way if it was someone else but Adam. And AJ even said in a interview where he talks about his character (Adam), and says that Adamsees Mac as a positive father figure. As Adam looks up to him.

So if we have any father and son-relations in CSI NY, it gotta be Mac and Reed, and Mac and Adam. Definitely not Mac and Flack. But that's just my point of view. If you have any other opinions, I'd like to read them here.

11. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

Yeah, Reed and Mac is almost father and son so that's pretty self-explanatory that they have a father-and-son-ish relationship.

Mac and Flack are sort of father-son-ish because Mac is always looking out for him (or whatever), and they are pretty close friends since Mac told him about what happened in that motelroom in Chicago (4x10 The Thing About Heroes). So if you compare to Mac&Reed and Mac&Adam, they are more like friends, but I think of Mac&Flack as father-son-ish. :)

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

As said, it's self-explanatory as to why Mac/Reed is like father/son, but its also a bit awkward too, so there is that stepfather/stepson thing too obviously. :lol: But I definitely agree that Mac/Adam is father/son-ish. :lol: I would say that Mac/Flack are more brother-ish than father/son-ish, but that's just me.

13. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Yeah, I also see the awkward part between Reed and Mac. Which I explained earlier. I also believe it might have been different if Claire still was alive. But I am only assuming. Either way, I hope it will turn into a more natural relationship. I also hope that Adam and Mac will feel more relaxed when they are in the same room, and talk to each other.

While talking about it, some people think that Stella is like a big sister for everyone (but Mac). Do you agree with that? I haven't seen many Stella-ships so far, and the two major ones are romantic (Stella/Adam, and Stella/Mac). I can see that kind of relantionship with Lindsay. But think she is good friends with everyone else.

Hmm, I am pretty undecided when it comes to Flack and Mac. I just don't see them as father and son, which someone else did earlier. I don't know if they are friends or more like brothers. But I'll go for friendship now, and let it be open for all possibilities.

14. hotspot

hotspot Hit and Run

Actually there was this one episode I saw and stella was being all secretive with this other girl, I assume it was either angell or Aiden. They were saying how mac doesn't know anout something.
    It made me think maybe they were having a homosexual relationship :devil:
    Since they were being all secretive.

15. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Oh, I don't really see anything homosexual with Stella. That part you quoted could easily get interpreted that way. What I meant is that I think that Stella acts like Lindsay's big sister, and is good friends with everyone else. Well almost everyone else, as I am thinking about Adam here. They might be friends now, but it hasn't always been like that. Sorry if you misunderstood me there. If not, I misunderstood you.

Do you remember the episode? It seems like it would be Aiden and not Angell, as I cannot recall any episode where Stella actually spoke to Angell. Especially not about Mac. It would be more realistic if it was Aiden. But as I don't know what you are talking about, I can only guess.