Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:NY

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Well, in my defense, you did say "we." :)

2. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

As is was much discussed (pretty heavily might I add :wtf:) I'm not here to say whether there is or isn't chemistry (nobody can really say that) in a pairing because such things only can be seen with our personal perception and how we interpret characters, scenes and "between the lines" moments. So, don't jump on me for saying anything you might (and will) see differently. Bare with me, please! ;)

As much as I disagree with pairing Danny with Lindsay how they are since S5, as I never quite thought they were romantically compatible to have something more serious that a flirt (and that part I enjoyed), I like how recently the writers haven't throw them in our faces all the time like they did in S5. So if they're relationship is low-key I might warm up better to it? I don't know. I think trying to fit romance into a crime show is a hard challenge to take and it often ends up in a miserable failure despite the great efforts from the writers and actors. I think what bothered me a great deal is how everything was rushed between Danny and Lindsay! The way I see Danny, I don't think he would have ever proposed that early in their relationship if Lindsay wouldn't have gotten pregnant. I felt that Danny took the decision for making things right between them and having a legitimate child? Sometimes, I wonder how it would have been if Lindsay didn't told Danny he was the father so soon in her pregnancy. What is she had waited? Would she have seen that "he was the man she wanted him to be" and raise a family with? A lot of What-Ifs with D/L for me. I feel a lot of steps were burnt between them as a serious couple, some steps I could have enjoyed seeing. I wanted to see them naturally evolved as a couple and not feel as is they were forced to one another because "oops, where was that condom/pill?"... Felt unnatural and unrealistic, as far as relationships on TV goes. But now, like I said, I kinda enjoyed how they're low-key. They haven't been the over the top newly-weds/parents annoyance I thought they would be at work! Nothing cheesy and plainly out of place. So, that's where I stand as of today for this shipping!

About Mac and Stella. Well, I can see why some people argue with the subject of chemistry, but that has been discussed already. Over the time, I think they have built a deeper connection that is beyond friendship that could lead to something romantic. They are very similar yet very different at the same time. I think Melina nailed it for most of us, Smacked shippers, this summer in an interview about the possibility of Stella and Mac being an item. I can't find the link right now so if anyone still have it? Anyways. With some of the moments together, and remember that this is still my opinion that I am sharing, I felt as if they were curious about what it is they have between them. They're like subtly poking around it sometimes? When I was watching Melina's episode and saw that Mac flew to her in Greece, I wondered just how many friends/boss would leave their job like that after sanctioning you? Not tons. So, that detail is still interesting to me. They had great moments leading to romantic opportunities they haven't took probably in the name of their friendship and how it is important to have each other in their lives without screwing it up with something uncertain as romance between long-time friends. I know such great connection is very possible between friends of opposite sex and it doesn't mean there is romantic potential. I do know people like that. We all do. And maybe why I am more inclined to believe it/see it with Smacked and have these opinions about them is because I ended up saying "Yes" to my best friend myself. But what I really like about Stella and Mac as a whole, how they are written now that producers, writers and actors have all acknowledge their chemistry and dynamic, is that the audience can easily relate to them no matter what they think. They don't try to label it or name it (and ultimately ruin it for people).

For the most part, I think shipping shouldn't go canon on these kind of shows (although I enjoyed F/A). The great pleasure of watching our favourite shows is to use our imagination of what could have happened off-screen, what were implied in certain dialogues, details that could mean something. It just keeps you hooked and intrigued and wanting to have more. Having someone laying it down for you "That's how it happened, that's how it is now" is very limiting. And kills the fun. Big no-no for me! ;)

3. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

These quotes were in general terminology as you were referring to "Smackies"

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  4. PerfectAnomaly

^^^^^

Last time I checked "we" referred to more than one person and if you were answering a post that refered to SMACked fans in general and used "we" you were obviously speaking for people other than yourself.

5. Cyn-B-Demented

Hahaha! My, thank you, thank you!!!! *bows down* :lol:

And guys, can we stop with the arguments over terminology, definitions, she-said-whatevers already (been two pages of that so far)? :( It just kills the fun of the thread, really. It doesn't make anyone looks smarter or nicer... If there's misunderstanding, why not just ask the person to clarify it for you. There's no shame in that. And if the person used a bad choice of words, well, I think she's entitled to have another chance to explain it better without being "attacked" for it. Just my two cents before this thread becomes "OhMyGawd, you can't type/write Thread"...

6. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I am sorry but I am not sure I understand what Lori wrote earlier, as I have read it a couple of times and I still don't get. The quotes actually made it all confusing, as she mixed my original posts about Smackies, and her own reply in some of the quotes. So instead of being seperate quotes (mine and hers) it become the same quote. So I have no idea if Lori K thinks PA wrote that part about Smackies, or if she meant that PA just did refer to my post there. Either way, it's confusing and I have no idea what to believe. So it would be nice if Lori could make it all clear, thanks!

Cyn-B-Demented

I think you have a good point there. Some people are really stubborn (me included, but I try to be nice and neutral) so it's hard to have a debate. Especially when people have so many different views and opinions. I don't mind having a discussion and hear others' opinions. It can actually lead to very interesting debates, even if I don't always agree. But some people cannot accept that people have different views and opinions. Which is something I have noticed a lot here, and I have even been attacked by some who can't accept my point of view. Which I think is such a shame. I just came here to discuss and try to be openminded. It's hard, and I can understand if you are tired of people not being 'nice' here.

So can we all agree that we are allowed to have different opinions, as long as we can keep it friendly?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  7. PerfectAnomaly

Sorry, but I tried to make a joke and was accused of saying someone was speaking for other people when they weren't. I clearly didn't do that based on what the other person said and felt I needed to point that out. I'll drop it now that my point has been made. But not everyone is going to always make posts that you personally like to read, so in the future you'd probably be better off just scrolling past those.

8. Cyn-B-Demented

Disagreement is a natural thing and it doesn't bother me, even when people are "harsh" when saying their opinions. But attitude and tone used like that is completely unnecessary and is not called for. Why don't YOU scroll down and ignore the person instead of always coming back for more? It's just non-sense...

9. PerfectAnomaly

So it's OK for you to criticize and tell people what to do but it's not OK for someone else to give you a taste of your own medicine? That's not only non-sense, it's hypocritical. :rolleyes:

10. Cyn-B-Demented

I never meant to criticize anyone, I wanted people to stop butting heads for no goddamn reason. And I DID scroll down two pages of this kind of attitude, in case you didn't figured that one out already.

NOW BACK TO THE REAL SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD, PEOPLE! :D

As it's a debate/dislike thread, does anyone in the D/L shipping dislike how the shipping was used in recent episodes? I said I was fine with it because they were very less present than in S5, but how about you guys? Did you expect to know more about what's going on between them like it did in S5? I'm just curious :)

11. PerfectAnomaly

Obviously you didn't just scroll past it if you knew what was being talked about and then felt the need to tell people what they should and shouldn't post about. You butted in where you had no buisness and then got pissed when I called you out on your hypocrisy.

12. Cyn-B-Demented

Hum, I think you are being the one pissed off. I'm totally cool :D But you gotta agree, it's hard to find the real subject of conversation in this thread when all is talked about is other things then shippings. Every time I started to read someone's post it was Off-Topic. And again and again and again and again. Every post. Pretty fucking boring. Even what we're doing and it's not that smart from both of us and that's why I tried to bring back the real conversation. Can we stop now and let people talk about the shippings? Can we at least agree on that?

Prise deux!

NOW BACK TO THE REAL SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD, PEOPLE! :D

As it's a debate/dislike thread, does anyone in the D/L shipping dislike how the shipping was used in recent episodes? I said I was fine with it because they were very less present than in S5, but how about you guys? Did you expect to know more about what's going on between them like it did in S5? I'm just curious :)

13. PerfectAnomaly

We were talking about things related to posts about shipping until you came in and derailed the entire conversation by trying to tell people what they can and can't post instead of just changing the conversation to what you want to talk about. But whatever, you're obviously "cool" and I'm obviously not. :rolleyes:

14. Cyn-B-Demented

I didn't invented those rules and now I'll have to make sure every one, including me if the Mods judge so, respect these important rules. Basta! I had enough.

15. PerfectAnomaly

So now you've taken it upon yourself to elevate your status to equal of that of a mod? If that isn't against the rules I don't know what is. :rolleyes: