**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha!
Well, H/S Fan
As I've said on another thread, I've only seen Jesse on Miami. Here they didn't give him a character, just made him a second rate super hero and an H-copy cat. Not much to work with.
I agree that (aside from the Anna/Tess/Jesse episodes) the writing for Jesse has much improved that Jesse is in fact less irritating and way less out of place. That said, if the writers simply leave the Anna/Tess/Jesse as un-finished and never refer to it again, then it maybe possible to "reestablish" Jesse's character as simply a quiet cop.
Just please, please don't give him any emotional stuff. Jesse doesn't do any emotion well.

OMG, I couldn't agree with you more. :guffaw: Just doesn't work well with Miami.

Haha!
Well, H/S Fan
As I've said on another thread, I've only seen Jesse on Miami. Here they didn't give him a character, just made him a second rate super hero and an H-copy cat. Not much to work with.
I agree that (aside from the Anna/Tess/Jesse episodes) the writing for Jesse has much improved that Jesse is in fact less irritating and way less out of place. That said, if the writers simply leave the Anna/Tess/Jesse as un-finished and never refer to it again, then it maybe possible to "reestablish" Jesse's character as simply a quiet cop.
Just please, please don't give him any emotional stuff. Jesse doesn't do any emotion well.

Yes, he could use a couple more acting classes. But I think he did much better with the emotional stuff in the last episode I saw him in. (I haven't seen the one from last night yet). I thought it looked like he was feeling something, and trying to restrain his feelings when he was talking about his murdered wife.

Just read that Kyle's storyline will lead into the finale. Both worried and excited as to what this'll mean for Horatio and Kyle. Really can't wait til "Dishonor" premieres now.

Yes, he could use a couple more acting classes. But I think he did much better with the emotional stuff in the last episode I saw him in. (I haven't seen the one from last night yet). I thought it looked like he was feeling something, and trying to restrain his feelings when he was talking about his murdered wife.

Haha!
Seriously!
I thought "Kill Clause" "Show Stopper" "In the Wind" and "LA" were Jesse's worst!
As if he was spouting lines instead of holding pain or anger back. And when he got angry, he lurched his body forward like a junior higher playing Hamlet! "Look how angry I can be! I'm sooooooooo mad"
Yikes!
Please, please no emotional stuff for Jesse!

Yikes! The ratings hit another low this week. I am getting worried. Can't help but wonder why they would put one of the weakest episodes on next week, Hostile Takeover, which focuses on Jesse. Maybe they want to see if the ratings tank again so they can make a correlation between Jesse and low ratings.

Yikes! The ratings hit another low this week. I am getting worried. Can't help but wonder why they would put one of the weakest episodes on next week, Hostile Takeover, which focuses on Jesse. Maybe they want to see if the ratings tank again so they can make a correlation between Jesse and low ratings.

A lot will depend on what is running up against it. If Castle and Law & Order have first run, original episodes, it's a strong possibility that CSI Miami will get creamed in the ratings. I don't know for sure - RL has been a little chaotic the last week or so.

Castle is really beginning to pick up speed in acquiring viewers and shows signs of turning into the competition I thought they had the potential to be. Law & Order has been on for a while but still has a strong fan base. Some casual viewers of that show may not have caught up with its move to Mondays yet.

It's nice to see CSI Miami get some quality competition for a change. It can't help but force them to raise the bar from some of the childishness of seasons 5 - 7.

Yikes! The ratings hit another low this week. I am getting worried.

:confused: The sidebar news said Miami was on top again this week.
I think she was speaking about the total number of viewers,but the total numbers were down across the board.It seems a lot less people watched TV Monday night.Miami,even though on top,had less than 12 million viewers.The numbers were a little low last week also, even with Delko , guest director and those great guest stars.

Wasn't it Monday when Simon Cowell was on a telly speaking about his engagement? On Jay Leno? Or maybe it seems to me...

The numbers were a little low last week also, even with Delko , guest director and those great guest stars.

Ah, yes, but that was the week with "The Bachelor" finale. CSI:Miami loses out to their finale every year. I don't pretend to understand why, but it does. :rolleyes:

Wasn't it Monday when Simon Cowell was on a telly speaking about his engagement? On Jay Leno? Or maybe it seems to me...

Jay Leno is back on "The Tonight Show" at the 11:35 PM time slot, so his program isn't in competition with 10 PM shows. ;)

The numbers were a little low last week also, even with Delko , guest director and those great guest stars.

Ah, yes, but that was the week with "The Bachelor" finale. CSI:Miami loses out to their finale every year. I don't pretend to understand why, but it does. :rolleyes:
I wonder what it is about that show?I've never watched "The Batchelor".
It does seem strange the numbers were down for total viewership for everything,pretty much the entire evening.It's as if a large group of people decided to do something else besides watch TV Monday night.

It is March madness, isn't it, so could be college basketball playoffs. I believe that is why it is a repeat next week. I am beginning to think people go to bed early on Monday nights because they are tired from the weekend.

Just read about "Kyle" coming up in a major episode. I'll be skipping it. No amount of great acting can overcome my sense of disbelief. I just wish someday they'll do an episode which proves what my gut tells me- that he's NOT and never has been Horatio's son. :brickwall:

I watched the NY episode tonight and sadly it had everything that Miami should have right now. There used to be a sense of awe and wonder in Miami's episodes along with the never-to-be duplicated dayglo colors of the city, scenery and etc; also the endless stream of the "beautiful people", and of course- Horatio the most unique of all. That awe is almost gone. It's very sad-I hope it will return next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back