**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I really, really hope you're right - biased or not (I'm thinking not. Just level headed. ;)) I know they have a tendency to over-hype most of the time and it's usually a serious let down when the "event" happens.

I feel that the seesaw approach (will they or won't they kill off Jesse) is getting a little tired and I'm wondering if anybody at the wheel realizes it.

I guess not or they wouldn't keep using it. Rather than this approach generating excitement, I sometimes find it insulting that they think the fans are so easily fooled by the same tactics time after time.

2. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I'll have to chime in with my concern as well. I know I have complained about the amount of screentime used to introduced Jesse, but it more had to do with the LACK of screentime Ryan was getting, and the head scratching tinkering tptb were doing to his character at season 8's beginning. I love the change in atmosphere this season; less tension, more emphasis on "team" and I credit Jesse (well, and Walter too) for this.

I agree completely with this, for the reasons mentioned above.

Which is what a lot of us are afraid of. Especially those of us who are fans of Ryan. Goodness knows I don't want to see Ryan back as the outsider again, dealing with the tension and hostility which seems to be missing this year.

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I agree Geni. I'm not convinced this storyline will take Jesse out. TPTB get thier jollies in making us think one thing when it's always another, & I'm sure they're very aware that fans are already questioning Jesse's fate after Adam's decision to return -- this little piece of bait they just threw out keeps us guessing; exactly what they want, and expect.

Yep, no excitement here. It's irritating! I'm still waiting for the moment that they get enough creativity to really shock & surprise the heck out of me!

4. Hallie

Hallie Dead on Arrival

Here is my take i think they brought jessie in to replace eric because they didn't want to give adam what he wanted to resigned and thought he could win over the fans. Like all good plans they never really go the way you plan and the fans didn't warm up to him as much as they thought they would. They went back to adam with a purposal that would bring him back and now he is back. Problem here is to many actors on the canvas for a hour show and lets face it csi miami is usally about h/eric and calleigh so not a lot of room for many more. The show is left with two choice drop some characters by not bringing them back or use it to pull rating and since the specs about the up coming episode that eric is a spy for da office you do the math. My guess when the smoke clears most of the characters that came on this season will be gone and we will be left with h,calleigh,eric,ryan and natialia

5. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Well, if that's how things will end, then Miami is stupid and I certainly won't be watching if they're just gonna go back to being the same old dump that it was before season 8. Not everything has to be the H and E/C show, the new characters brought alot of freshness into the storyline and it would be stupid to throw them away just so the old "team" can be together....

Wasn't Jesse originally gonna be a cop first? And after Adam left they turned him into CSI to feel that spot? So Jesse wasn't necessarily written as an Eric replacement, it just so happens that everyone saw it that way and with Adam keeping one foot in the door and one foot out, the transition was never clear.

It's not that the fans didn't warm up to Jesse, they never really gave him a chance. Negativity arose the moment he was announced and it was hardly fair. I should just commend Eddie for being so level-headed through all this, the guy didn't whine or complain about the way he's been treated and is taking it all in strides.:)

6. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I guess I think why should anyone leave? isn't there room at this party for everyone? esp. if they go back to that old dual crime format-half the team on one scene posh rich mansion and the other working another crime on the other side of town-preferably one in a working class neighborhood or even the projects-hey, murder happens everywhere across all socioeconomic lines especially in Miami.. Seriously, there's room for Eric, Jesse, new tech guys,etc...hopefully lots of room for Kyle as well if they wisely wrap up the Saris/Julia s/l then Horatio can have a better relationship w/his son..

7. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I actually think they were smart after 7 seasons to bring new people to freshen the place up. The stories were getting repetitive, old and tired. It was clear there was no longer a team on the show as everyone was going their own way and didn't seem to feel connected to any other member of the team (with the exception of E/C, of course).

After 7 seasons you have to freshen things up or you stagnate. CSI Miami was stagnating. Jesse, Walter and Tom have kicked new live into the show and the last thing I want is to lose them just so we we can have only the original team together. If you think back when the new people were brought in there was no team. The team has only regrouped with the infusion of new people.

That was the information I first heard about Jesse. He would be coming in as a cop. I think it's clear by AR's recent interviews that his departure was a surprise to both him and the show. He has stated that CBS walked away from the negotiations first and without looking back. So with his unplanned departure they shifted Jesse to fill the hole.

The unfortunate part for Eddie/Jesse is it wasn't a clean break and he's been forced to try and find his place and audience when the atmosphere has been hostile to say the least.

Totally agree. I didn't know much about Eddie Cibrian before he joined the cast of CSI Miami. He has earned my respect with the way he has conducted himself this season. He is a true professional. No interviews complaining, making excuses or asking for fan intervention. He goes to work every day and does the job. It would be a shame if he wasn't afforded a fair opportunity to establish his character.

8. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I heard that as well. Maybe they will find some way to shift Jesse back to being a cop and run two separate cases during the every episode.

As it has been brought up many other times (but always bears repeating), a lot of people got the misconception that Eddie was hired to replace Adam who seemed to leave under what many thought mysterious circumstances (were they not meeting Adam's contract demands, and hiring Eddie with money they should have given Adam) so, yes, he wasn't given a fair shake. As I stated a couple of postings ago and I want to repeat: my problems with Jesse have more to with how tptb was treating Ryan and my frustrations with that than with Eddie or Jesse themselves.

Being a Ryan fan, I certainly don't want things to go back to "same old same old" next year; Ryan as the outsider working under tension and hostility. I agree with you BauerAlmeida, there is more to CSI:Miami than H and E/C (although IMHO H hasn't been the constant presence this year as previous ones).

9. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

True.
    My problem with Jesse is Jesse himself.
    He didn't and doesn't seem to fit into the aspect of Miami. (He would have looked better in NY but with all his bad acting I don't want him there!)
    Eddie C has failed every turn. The writing has been poor, but even still, Eddie C has not stepped up to the plate. He just can't cut it as an actor, and every scene he has with Proctor, Adam R,Togo, or LaRue shows how bad he really is.
    What is worse, he was thrown in our faces, given way too much scene time for a new comer! And took his shirt off in his second episode! Yuck! As if they can convince us to like him because he strips?!?
    Horrible writing, even worse acting!

10. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

So anybody hear anything about Axed having any Kyle scenes like via computer like before to ease him back into CSI Miami for 8X18s Dishonor episode? also is Kyle gonna be in any more episodes as we nearing the end of season 8?

11. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Oh Yes!
    I'm so excited about Kyle coming back!
    You can see a lot of pics of him and H together on Fanpop web site!
    I'm so happy that not only is Kyle coming back but this time he will actually be in Miami!
    It is a dream come true!
    It seems that there is some kind of emergency (maybe a fire or something) and Kyle has to rush in to help!
    He's our Mini H-Hero!

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Another Friday, that means another Episode Thread! Please continue all discussion pertaining to 'Getting Axed' in the link provided. Thanks. :)

13. nsynckal

nsynckal Hit and Run

I totally agree!

14. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

:lol: Enhinti. Tell us how you *really* feel. ;)

OK, here's the thing. There've been a lot of things I haven't liked about the Jesse character. When I first heard he was coming onto the show, I was actually excited. He was supposed to be a detective. I wasn't thinking he was going to take over the show and the roles of other characters. I thought he would *add* to the show.

But when they made him a CSI, and didn't give him his own distinct personality, that's when I started to really dislike him. And then there was the bad coincidence of something in the actor's personal life becoming public because he let himself be interviewed about it.

But in recent episodes, I've liked him. They finally started to give him his own personality. The writing started to improve enough to where we got some good episodes. His acting has been better, and I've decided I'd rather have him on the show than not, because his being on it will allow for new storylines and character interactions that we wouldn't get otherwise.

I don't want to watch a re-do of season 7, and I think that's what we'll get if he doesn't remain on the show. Because what I'm assuming we're going to see next season is a lot of E/C leading to pregnant E/C. And since I'm not into that, we need another character to make sure we're going to get other storylines. And I would really like to see Jesse and Eric interacting and getting along. I think if they keep Jesse on the show, he'll eventually win over a lot of the fans who currently don't like him.

And lastly, since TPTB seem so determined to not have Rick Stetler/David Lee Smith in the show, will somebody out there in TPTB Land please cast this man in a series where I can see him every week??? I *MISS* him. Look at my avatar of him. He's handsome, and a very good actor. Cast him!!!

15. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Haha!
    Well, H/S Fan
    As I've said on another thread, I've only seen Jesse on Miami. Here they didn't give him a character, just made him a second rate super hero and an H-copy cat. Not much to work with.
    I agree that (aside from the Anna/Tess/Jesse episodes) the writing for Jesse has much improved that Jesse is in fact less irritating and way less out of place. That said, if the writers simply leave the Anna/Tess/Jesse as un-finished and never refer to it again, then it maybe possible to "reestablish" Jesse's character as simply a quiet cop.
    Just please, please don't give him any emotional stuff. Jesse doesn't do any emotion well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.