Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:NY

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Chemistry is very subjective. We have already had that discussion, but once again: there is only friendly chemistry between them. In my opinion. I know that you Smacked-shippers see some romantic chemstry, but I cannot simply see it.

I still meant what I wrote about keep the platonic relationship and letting Mac and Stella remain friends. It's not only because we non-smackies want it. I mean, would it really be that bad if they just stay friends? I can't see any harm, and you smackies can always continue hoping and praying something will happen. It might not be fun, but it's completely harmless. It is not what you want, but it can't be that awful as you gotta accept that you cannot always get what you want.

For us non-smackies who don't see the romantic chemistry and how it could last for another 5 seasons, it would be terrible to see something develop that way. I swear, I would definitely stop watching the show. As I just can't even stand the idea of Mac and Stella together, and it would be even worse if there would be something romantic for a long time.

So the best way to keep everyone satisfied is to keep Mac and Stella as friends. I understand if Smackies want a relationship with Mac and Stella, but many smackies seem to be happy with friendship too. Even if they would prefer a relationship, they absolutely don't mind only friendship. Notice, this is what I have seen while reading some Smacked-posts. I may be wrong.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Even though I'm a Smac shipper, I do agree with some of your points, Vildis. :)

Nope, it's not at all bad if they just stay friends. To be honest, as much as I love the pairing, I'd much rather they stay just friends than see the writers destroy the friendship because they don't write the romance very well (sorry, but I just have very little faith in the writers when it comes to romantic storylines these days lol). That's why I really feel that if they do ever hook up Mac and Stella that it should be done in the last season or the very last episode of the series. That way the writers can't destroy the beautiful friendship that the two of them have. :)

Yep, I agree. I have a pretty healthy imagination and if I really feel the need to "see" them together, there is always fanfiction. :lol:

I agree with this. I'm totally fine with the friendship. If they never become a canon couple, that is okay with me. I can daydream that they are more or read fics where they are. :lol:

3. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Nah, you are not the only one who has a little faith in the writers at the moment. It's not only because I worry about the romantic storylines (even if I am a little upset taht they decided to NOT continue on the Adam and Stella-story, as they created a story with these characters for a couple of seasons and ended it early in season 6). I also think that the storylines in general have been missing something. I cannot say what it is yet. But this season haven't been as good as previous seasons.

But I agree with you, I am also afraid that the writers may destroy the special friendship between Mac and Stella if they shall get an romantic relationship.

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Of course it is fun!:thumbsup: Its the BEST part of the show:p

SURE we can and we DO everytime they are alone together!!! Hands tissue for the whine:lol:

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

6. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Who is talking CANON? I like it Slow and easy!:drool:
    Somehow I doubt it!!:lol:

7. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Re: The Great Ship Debate--CSI: NY

Couldn't agree more if I tried but I'm still gonna try anyway.
    You know why they're beating us CSI: NY fans over the head with the Danny/Lindsay ship, don't you? Cause the writers have finally realized what I've been saying all along. Back in season 4 starting in the episode "Child's Play" the writers wiped out, killed, annihilated, destroyed the chemistry, magic, spark, electricity, whatever between Danny and Lindsay and they haven't figured out how to revive it. Personally, I don't think they can revive it. I think that Titanic has already sailed and sunk. Before "Child's Play", the chemistry, spark, magic or whatever between Danny and Lindsay had been jumping out of my tv set and beating me up. Then along comes "Child's Play" and POOF it's gone in a puff of smoke.:scream:

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I kind of agree with this. While they still have a scene here and there that is a little cute, the major sparkage is no longer there. And you're right, Carolyn, it pretty much dissapated after "Child's Play".

9. PerfectAnomaly

That's because it was obvious they were intending on separating Danny and Lindsay at that point. Then Anna Belknap got pregnant and they decided to change directions and shoehorn the pregnancy in and repair what they intended on ending with lame, off camera explanations of what they should have showed if they had every intention of keeping them together. It's hard to have chemistry when the actors didn't even know the status of their relationship and then they have to go off an explanation given by an EP that they never acted together on screen.

10. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

When was the debate over?

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

When PA got home!:lol:

Quite right...And replace her with Ricki, pity it didnt work out they ruined Danny and Lindsey.

12. PerfectAnomaly

It was a joke because Lori K said that the SMACked shippers already do get what they want out of the ship. I said there's no reason for them to go canon then and that the debate was over. I wasn't being serious.

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

About the DL; again this is my opinion and you don't have to agree with me, but for me there doesn't have to be a scene like a kiss and stuff to show me they have chemistry. For me this chemistry is existing since the moment they appeared on screen together for the first time in Zoo York and still is there. For me they had chemistry since the start and still do. When they weren't a couple yet, there was this teasing and flirting and the whole tension. Now it's moved on to a different level, because even without the kissing to me the closeness between them clearly comes across. For me they also didn't take a bad turn or ruined it or anything at all. But again, this is just my opinion.

14. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Alas my friend NOT ALL.... I speak for only one!:)

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

EXACTLY! Not me for sure! I want the relationship! :D