Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:NY

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm a Smac shipper, but I do feel a little differently than a lot of my fellow shippers. While I think M&S would be cute together (and I do see romantic chemistry between them, or at least the potential for it), I feel that if they were to get together it would be best to wait till the last season or series finale (being that they are the leads). The biggest reason for that is that I fear that the writers would only mess up the friendship the two have if it's done sooner. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be too worried about them putting M&S together sooner. While I do like the idea of them together, I also love their friendship as well. If I thought the writers could do it justice, I'd say go for it... but I guess I just really don't have that much faith in the writers when it comes to romantic relationships. :shifty:

2. Tee

Tee Hit and Run

^ I gotta say I completely agree with that 100%. As much as I think they would make a great pair, with TPTB's track record, it could turn disasterous for NY. And also the fact that there's already a heap of DL at the moment, NY could totally turn into CSI: Cheese TV...

And anyway, their friendship is great to watch onscreen and seems alot more natural and well written than many of the other 'CSI relationships'. If it aint broken, dont fix it.

3. hotspot

hotspot Hit and Run

I don't really mind any pairings except if it has danny or lindsay, I mean I don't mind if someone pairs them up with someone else. It's just they are kind of married on the show, so it's not really possible for them to get together with anyone else.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Unless the get divorced or one of them has an affair. Then it's entirely possible for them to get together with someone else. ;)

5. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I think they should put the "foundation" of any canon relationship for Mac and Stella this season or at the beginning of S7

Not necessarily it means they will go "canon" inmediately, just something tangible like a kiss :D

Then they can share significative looks between them and private conversations time to time but ALWAYS keeping the closeness they have now which made them so special

just sayin'

6. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

^ Aren't they already having those? Excepting a kiss. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  7. PerfectAnomaly

Yeah they are. Just like close friends and co-workers often do. ;)

8. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Ditto PA

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

yeah, that's why i said they should be keeping those :D

Now Smackies just need a kiss (with both of them staying concious and alive which stands for =enjoying the osculate:lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

But we non-smackies don't need to see a kiss between them. I think that the best way to keep us all satisfied is to let Mac and Stella remain friends without letting it lead to something else. That way, you smacked-fans can continue hoping and praying something will happen. No harm done. It will also keep everyone else happy as many others just see the special friendship between Mac and Stella. I don't want their special friendship to be destroyed, which is most likely gonna happen if they kiss or do something else in a romantic way. So what happens if they actually would kiss? Mainly two things: Smacked-fans will be more than happy, while me and a bunch of others won't be happy at all (to say it in a nice way).

11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Probably Non Smackies would be satisfied with a platonic relationship. Not us for sure :D

Our writers can do it and they can do it well. They have got enough experience with previous canon pairings on CSI NY so they can write situations for Mac and Stella. Because those are the only things Mac and Stella need: scenes, moments, situations. They already have enough chemistry to use in other 5 shows :D

So our writers choose the lunch or the dinner and Mac and Stella say "VoilĂ " :D

12. PerfectAnomaly

Non shppers would - and do - disagree that they have the chemistry for a romantic relationship. Friends - yes. Familial - yes. Romantic - not a chance.

13. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Again P.A. I agree dwith you totally

14. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Sometimes I think their interactions are way more inappropriate between friends(I know there are different views about that ;)), so when Skackies argue that they have chemistry, I kind of agree with them. That doesn't mean I like that. My mother and sister already stopped watching NY because they also felt the chemistry and were uncomfortable with that.

15. hotspot

hotspot Hit and Run

I'm actually starting to dislike Smacked Shipping *Ducks*, I think it's becuase everyone talks about it. And it would also be clich'e, I mean the main Male character and the main Female character always get together; always. Although it might also be that I'm just tired of all the Heterosexual couples on tv, but whatever it is I'm sure it'll pass and I won't mind it. Except maybe Las Vegas.