Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I'll put my response in spoiler tags just to be safe.

Another life-or-death situation? Haven't they both seen enough of these already? Why do they have to make things so dramatic? Would it be so hard to just have them come to a decision without being under duress? I just want them together, darn it!

But to be honest, I'm not really surprised. This show doesn't really like to make things simple. Of course they're going to drag this stuff out.

All I know for sure is, if they don't end up together forever, I will be VERY unhappy. VERY. :scream:

On a lighter note, I had an E/C dream last night. It was a little strange, but very happy. In an episode, Calleigh and Eric were getting married. There was some weird crossover element with Elliot and Olivia from Law & Order: SVU in the beginning, who kept dropping hints about the relationship so people wouldn't be shocked by E & C's announcement that they were engaged. The episode itself was cause for some huge celebration in the real world. CBS had a red carpet screening of it, and Adam and Emily rode in on house-shaped floats to the premiere. Why they were house-shaped, I have NO IDEA. I told you it was a little strange. The two actors were adorable, pretending to make out, which got lots applause and screams from the crowd, lol.

I can't figure out if these couple of happy E/C dreams I've had are some higher power's way of telling me Calleigh and Eric will be together and we'll all be happy, or if it's so I'll have something to look back on and smile about because TPTB will destroy the relationship at the end of the season. I'm hoping it's the former.

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Alright so anyone else as sick of this crap as I am...I mean really, yet again! :scream::scream::mad::mad::brickwall:

Why can't they just give us the happy ending that they truly deserve. So what kind of life or death situation can Calleigh place herself in now...and why do we have to have another one of those situations in order for it to define their relationship. They belong together, they complete each other and all that other corny bullsh:censored: that I can't say right now because I am just so pissed off right now. :mad::mad::mad:

someone please give me something to look forward to

3. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I'm beyond ready to scream. D:

I mentioned this to someone on twitter, but figured it'd be a little more coherent here. I'm not sure how much stock we can take into what the Mega Buzz guy says at the beginning, regarding "leaning toward something a little more dramatic," simply because he's just the TV Guide dude and not a part of the show itself. Granted, I'm still worried and don't want anymore unnecessary dramatics in their relationship, but I'm trying not to think about what he said, and instead concentrate on the quote at the end from Barry O'Brien.

There are two different things I get from that, if in fact he does mean series, and not simply season. First, the negative, influenced by what Mega Buzz dude said - maybe it's over. Maybe this is the end, and they walk away from each other without a look back. Maybe their relationship is only to be "starts and stops," and they realize this and put a final stop to it. :(

HOWEVER, this makes absolutely no sense to me, if O'Brien does mean the end of the series, which would be the end of the show itself. If they're going to end things and be done with it, I don't see why they would linger on the effects on Calleigh alone until the end of the series, whenever that might be. It's not like they've ever lingered on anything before. :lol: They generally just toss things out and be done with them, you know? And especially if Calleigh is the only one left (given of course that Emily actually does renew her contract), how are we going to see that it affects their relationship "until the end of the series?"

Basically I'm leaning toward one of two things: Maybe Adam is going to be around longer than we think; maybe the chances of bringing him back are higher than we thought, and thus we spend the next season or two or however many are left watching the angst of the end of the EC thing color their relationship until the very end.

Or... maybe we don't get Adam back, but the defining moment where they make a decision that would affect their relationship until the end is that maybe Eric proposes or Calleigh is pregnant. Effects that would definitely linger until the end, heh.

I'm very aware that I am likely taking too much from what's being said here, but those are the *only* scenarios where O'Brien actually saying the "end of the series" actually makes sense to me. There are likely other scenarios, but these are just the two that I've had a chance to think on.

On a lighter note, seriously, more life-or-death situations for Calleigh? She's probably starting to wish she were confined to the lab like in season four! :lol: I mean seriously, how much can this girl really go through at crime scenes?? I'm all for Calleigh angst (and worried Eric...he's sexy :devil:), but damn this is getting mildly ridiculous. :lol:

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

Hi everyone , I'm new here! I hope everyone has a warm welcome!

5. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Welcome to the Talk CSI forum, snowbunny! I take it you're a Hiphuggers (Calleigh & Eric) fan?:adore: If so, then you've come to the right place!:) For a really warm welcome, feel free to introduce yourself in the "Welcome" thread in the Member's Lounge section of the forum.

Regarding the TV Guide "Calleigh & Eric" preview, now that I've had a chance to sleep on it, I have some additional thoughts ...
    I agree with the posters above me ... do we really need any more "drama" in Calleigh & Eric's relationship? :rolleyes: Poor Calleigh has certainly had more than her share of life-or-death situations over the years! And here she goes again ... the gal can't catch a break, can she?:lol: Oh well, I suppose police work is dangerous by nature, so I guess it's not totally unrealistic that CSIs in the field frequently put their lives on the line.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that this near-death experience will finally make Eric "man-up" and tell Calleigh that he loves her once and for all ... no hints, double-entendres, etc., just flat-out "I love you." :adore: (Same goes for Calleigh, too!) Doesn't seem likely that Calleigh almost losing her life would cause them to break up. On the contrary, the prospect of losing someone forever typically prompts a person to step up to the plate and make a grand emotional gesture. That's why I don't think that a declaration of love or a proposal are too far-fetched to hope for. Then again, these are the CSIM writers we're talking about, so I'm gonna try to keep my expectations reasonable ... they have been known to screw up a storyline or two ...:shifty:

Anyway, that's my semi-rant on the subject. As usual, I'm just gonna hope for the best.

6. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

What crazy spoilers! I somehow can't get the link to vote for our ship on Eonline.

I don't mind the situation in the spoilers, it keeps the shows steamy UNLESS we're not happy at the ending. I wonder what the life/death situation will it be...is it episode 816? I hope so!

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Wasn't Ausellio the same guy that said, at the beginning of season 7, that Dr Tara Price was going to be competition for Calleigh in regards to Eric's feelings? I think his comments all stemmed from that interview Megalyn whateverhernameis gave where she stupidly assumed & said TPTB at CSI:M were giving her a boyfriend. Wherever Ausellio got his information, it turned out to be 100% wrong. So yeah, I wouldn't take what he says as good or true spoiler info. I'd believe what Barry O'Brien says... he IS connected with the show.

You're right Jessica... he did say for the rest of the "series", not season. That's important.

And Delquesne, I feel the same way... if faced with a defining moment, that moment tends to bring two people CLOSER together, brings them to finally admit to each other how they feel. And Eric & Calleigh clearly love each other... I can't see one of them nearly losing their life again tearing them apart. Why would they build up that relationship as they have for 8 years, having them grow so much closer to each other for the past 3 years, only to end it?

I think TPTB know what they've got in that relationship... so many people love it (the haters are a minority)... after building it up, planning for it for so long (they said they've intended for them to be together from the beginning), I can't see them ending it.

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

UMMM has no one seen the spoilers regarding episode 820?? Funny that the mega buzz should come out with that stuff regarding E/C and then the spoilers for 820 come out today :D

Here we go...pay attention!! lol

Basically this ep is a "coming full circle" ep for E/C...well that is my interpretation of it anyway b/c the ep starts off with Ryan and Calleigh showing up to a burning house....Both of them a see a man in the second story window of the house and Calleigh rushes in to help him; deja vu anyone? ;) It seems, from what I can see in the spoilers, that the guy, Patrick, she was trying to save dies (pay attention cuz that is important)

Idk what exactly happens but this time she gets hurt at the scene and is rushed to the hospital. IDK what exactly is wrong with her either this time...I don't think it is smoke inhalation this time. She is on a ventilator again but and here comes the twist...

We see the Patrick, the dead guy talking and trying to interact the with team while they investigate (think ghost whisperer). At first, I was like wtf is going on...then I read a little more and it began to make sense. Obviously no one can obviously see him but he continually tries to tell them that he didn't start the fire. Later Calleigh is at the scene investigating when Patrick starts going off about how this isn't his fault yada when all of a sudden Calleigh turns and looks right at him! Both are shocked that she can see him but neither know why...then there is a flash and Calleigh is in a hallway in the hospital. She follows the doctors and nurses to a room where she sees Eric and Horatio talking. She is confused, that is until someone moves and she sees who they are all standing over....it's her!! She is unconscious and on a vent. She doesn't know what to do but she thinks since she can see Patrick that she is some how meant to help him.

They follow the team as they investigate. In one scene they are watching Ryan test the burned homes sprinkler system when suddenly out of body Calleigh begins to feel strange....back at the hospital, Eric is sitting with Calleigh when all of a sudden she goes into a seizure and flatlines. Patrick meanwhile is trying to soothe a panicking Calleigh who actually begins to "see the light" and asks Patrick if she is dying. Back at the hospital the doctors try and shock Calleigh to bring her back but nothing happens....the scene ends with a nurse asking the doctor if they are going to shock again and the doctor replying......"No":eek:

Don't have a heart attack....we all know she doesn't die!! :lol:...So obviously this is the ep that the mega buzz was referring to....;)

Hopefully by the end of ep 820 we will know for certain where E/C stands....however, I am not going to hold my breath!! :lol:

Oh and Adam tweeted this today:
    "Struggling with a big decision. To return or not to return." :D :D

9. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Holy COW! OK, thanks for the HEART ATTACK!!! WTH is TPTB thinking 1st off?! Secondly, yes I saw his tweets. And I am sure everyone has their fingers crossed. I am curious as to how many episodes they, CBS, are negotiating with Adam...weather it is for the rest of the S8 episodes since their are only a few left, if it is for S9, or if it is for both the rest of this season and S9.

And thirdly, I am curious as to why O'Brian was talking about the end of the "Series" what is that all about?!!!

Anyway....thank you so much delkolover for the spoilers! it sounds like a very confusing episode that will need to be watched about oh I don't know ten times.

Poor Emily having to be in the "hospital" again, maybe she can take a little nap while they setup her scenes...

Talk about ending the season with a bang.
    At least we know that S9 has been green-lite for 24 episodes.
    Since we haven't heard anything about Emily's contract it makes you wonder if she is waiting for Adam to make a decision or if she has already signed?

I really dislike CBS for doing this...I mean first they give us a really crappy beginning, we hear that they are going to kill Adam off because negotiations broke down, they give us 1/2 ass (if u can even call them that) episodes, shove a new detective down our throats who turns out to be a stalker/murder (texmexy was right), and then at the end of the season we have more drama?! WTH!!!

10. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Thanks delkolover - I was reading your first post on the other thread and I didn't quite get it.
    [SPOILER="Ep 8.20"thoughts]I think this "out of body" concept is cool too, reminds me of that Reese Whitherspoon movie. I just don't get why Calleigh always has to be in a near death situation before they realize what they mean to each other. I just hope it won't be a cliffhanger episode. Are you really sure Calleigh will survive? This is killing me--can't wait!

Just wondering why these spoilers and Adam's twit came out the same day?
    Are they going to base the future E/C storyline on whether Adam will be coming back or not?
    [/SPOILER]

Still hoping for a happy ending!:lol:

11. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I feel exactly the same... I love hiphugger centric episodes. Just bring it on! As long as we get our happy ending :adore: :drool: :beer: at the end!

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Where did you hear that season 9 has 24 eps? And do you know how many eps this season it supposed to have?

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Holy crap!! Thanks for the heartattack in the morning Delkolover!

Oh wow, this episode is gonna be intense. An out of body experience for Calleigh, would mean emotional Eric. :thumbsup: Which means Calleigh will see just how much Eric loves her....dare we say it, the L word may make an appearance. :adore:

I do think this is the shock that Calleigh needs to wake up and realize just how much Eric loves her and that this is just not fooling around. It was very obvious how much he loves her and she loves him in 8x14. I just hope that we dont get our hopes up for nothing.

As for Adam's tweet...all I gotta say is...if someone in heaven loves us then he will be back :D

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I have to say I'm not exactly thrilled with the Ghost Whisperer theme idea, nor Calleigh and near-death, but I'm glad that Eric will be there by her side again. I really hope this is it for them and that their relationship is defined in a good way. I think it would be the perfect time for them to say that there's been enough dancing around their feelings and that what they have is much deeper than what either of them had realized and so just commit to it 100%. I wouldn't mind a marriage proposal thrown in there too :lol:. However, I have to say I've completely lost my faith in Miami writers so I'm expecting the worse but hoping for the best.

About Adam's tweet... please, come back Adam, please!!!! I'm ok with Walter but Jesse kind of bores me. I don't know if someone would have to go if Eric came back but it just seems it would be too crowded. Though it was nice how Eric and Jesse worked together, so maybe Ryan can be the one to go :evil:. I kid :p

15. MomentarySetbac

MomentarySetbac Victim

I am definitely concerned for some of the same reasons you guys are. CSI Miami has just let us down SO many times with tossing out storylines for all characters, building up EC stuff for nothing, not following through with things, etc. As Jessica mentioned, they have a habit of just throwing out storylines, and if Adam doesn't come back, I *am* worried that just Calleigh being there won't be enough of a reason for them to continue the storyline...and that they'll just throw it out as they have with so many other things.

At the risk of getting my hopes up, though... Haven't the writers admitted that EC has always been in the works? Adam and Emily said they knew that, and that's why they played up the sexual tension earlier on? I know you can't really compare CSI Miami and it's string of epic fails to other shows, but...with almost every show, when something has been planned for that long and they have fans loyally devoted to that couple (think Ross and Rachel), they end up together at the end of the series.

Additionally, I don't understand how this life or death situation could take them apart, especially after seeing the 8x20 spoilers. He's there in the hospital with her, at her bedside when she almost dies...or kind of does die. That's just not the kind of situation that would end a relationship...'Ok, glad you didn't die... Well, have a nice life!' I don't think so, lol. I really, really don't want to get my hopes up, and with that in mind along with CSI Miami's dramatic track record I am a little afraid they'll pull some stupid "We're in too deep, this is affecting our jobs" thing, almost an "I love you too much to be together" sort of situation. I'm really afraid that that, or something similar, will happen... There hasn't been a single happy couple on CSI Miami. No one ends up happy on that show because they keep throwing in ridiculous drama. Of course, that also gives me a teeny bit of hope that maybe Miami will do something different and Eric and Calleigh will get to be that one happy couple.

I also find it interesting that all these spoilers are coming out right at the same time Adam is in the process of possibly negotiating a return...so, who knows what that will bring.

Like I said, I'm really trying to not get my hopes up, but I just keep thinking... The Eric/Calleigh thing wasn't just thrown together. It was in the works from the beginning, and there was huge build-up starting with her helping him after he was shot. They have been through so much with that, the Jake drama, her reading his file, her earlier life-or-death situation in the fire, and finally Eric being injured again... In my opinion, a show wouldn't build something up like that for so long, get them together, bring them through a rough patch, and then make it obvious they *still* can't stay away from each other...just to break them up in the end. That would be really stupid on their part, and they would have a lot of people pissed off...including me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.