American Idol

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ziggystarduzt, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

A Q&A with Adam from the TV Guide dated Nov. 16-22~

Last spring, he rocked our world as the most flamboyant contestant on AMERICAN IDOL ever. Six months later, the Idol runner-up-glam rock god in the making is still causing a stir with his November 23 release of his debut disc. For Your Entertainment Lambert tells TV Guide Magazine, her wouldn't have it any other way.~

Q How directly has your life changed this past year?
    A It's surrreal! I moved into a house. I was in L.A., working on a record, it's amazing~
    Q What kind of feedback have you gotten from fans?
    A My single just came out, and I went to a club the other night and one of the people was like, "You should get the DJ to play your song" It was really cool. They were dancing, so that's a good sign!
    Q Were you surprised your debut reached #1 on Amazon before we even heard it?
    A It's encouraging to see it selling so well. It made me feel more confident about taking a risk with the album art!
    Q What do you think about the controversy surrounding you cover image?
    A I think it's funny! It was ssupposed to feel kitschy like Bowie or Boy George. I did the DETAILS magazine cover, which was the total other end of the spectrum. The thing that bums me out is I don't know why it's so confusing. I just took a pretty picture and put on some make-up. How does black eyeliner or slicked back hair have anything do do with who your sleeping with?
    Q What's next on your agenda?
    A I heard they're trying to do a remake of "Jesus Christ Superstar", and I want to play Judas [laughs] I'm going to start publicly campaigning for it. I think a movie would be really cool!

Lambert co-wrote a song "Strut" with Idol judge Kara DioGuardi~

2. Desertwind

Season 9 starts Jan 12, next Tuesday, at 8 pm [check you local listings] and Ellen will be one of the new judges, replacing Paula Abdul~

3. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

^Can't wait for it this season! :D

Hope for laughs in the auditions as always.

4. Desertwind

Well, isn't this a fine situation, and it''s all over the news, Simon is leaving "American Idol" after this season:( how will this show survive without him?

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It probably won't. He kind of makes that show. I'm still unsure of how it will do without Paula. The whole thing between Paula and Simon was kind of one of the best things about the show. :lol:

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Desertwind, I'm sure you already know this. You won't see Ellen on American Idol in Feb. You're going to see just Randy, Kara and Simon on it today. I don't think the show is going to make it without Simon, Simon make the show. I quit watch it after fourth season, because I got tired of hearing Randy called the contestant a dawg all the time.

7. Desertwind

I know this is the "AI" thread, but after watching last night it might be called "the weird, wacky bizarre show" what a bunch of losers for the most part, That 1st chick dancing up and down in the bathroom with her jelly roll belly:confused: and she stunk, and thought she was good:rolleyes: Don't these people hear themselves? The guy with the complexion problems, hey dude use some Clearsil or some cover-up when you go on national TV, and I hope Elton John didn't cringe too much hearing him sing in a 'nasal twang' version of "I'm Sorry" just horrible:( and the guys who got into it with the whole judge panel, with his 'bad attitude' cause' he had 'to wait' too long, what was he thinking. he had a "dark aura" and creeped me out:cardie:some good, most just plain awful. And I do think Victoria Beckham was adorable and sweet and gave everyone the benefit of the doubt, but even she got into with Simon on his 'rolling his eyes'. Thank's NicknGrissom on the Ellen news, I was wondering where she was. And here we go again. Tonight week they'll be in Atlanta~

8. Desertwind

AMERICAN IDOL, STARTS STRONG WITHOUT ABDUL

Los Angeles--Paula who? despite losing judge Paula Abdul, "American Idol" started it's 9th season on a high note with an estimated audience of nearly 30million:wtf: Tuesday's viewership of 29.9 million is about 2% lower than last year's season debut audience of slightly more than 30 million, according to preliminary Nielsen Co. fugures released on Wednesday. By comparsion, the 2009 debut episode saw a 10% drop compared with 2008. It's an indication that "Idol" can capitalize on changes like Abdul's to resist potential viewer boredom as it ages. That will be furthur tested when Simn Cowell leaves after this season to launch another FOX talent contest, "The X Factor", next year. The 37.4 million who watched the 2007 debut represents the series high point for opening nights. "I think people love to love the show" said MIke Darnell, Fox's executive in charge of alternative programming. "It's one of the few phenomena that exist:" like The Super Bowl, The Oscars [I don't know about that] and this. It's an American tradition. Abdul, who had been with the show since it started, left over a salary dispute. Her place if being filled first by 'celebrity guests' then the new judge Ellen DeGeneres~

Lynn Elber.. Associated Press

9. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I only have one thing to say..."lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground!"

10. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: That guy was great!

11. Desertwind

I thought the guy came across as a fool, it's not a comedy show, it's a singing contest. Could he sing?:rolleyes: He looked and acted like a buffoon.. embarrassing~

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I don't watch the show, so I didn't see it when it was on there, I did see it on my local Fox channel morning news that was funny as heck, I couldn't stop laughing. The was one cool guy. :D

13. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, they always have the one planted contestant on there that is just there to spice up the auditions by either being funny or being very sweet. They had another older guy come on there one year and sing and then another year they had like a five year old auditioning. But the pants on the floor guy, that was meant to be funny. I liked it because I get very annoyed by people wearing their pants way off their butts with their boxers showing. My cousins do that and I'm constantly telling them to pull their pants up. :lol: That's what that guy was talking about and that's why it was funny. It wasn't supposed to be serious. It was meant to be a joke.

But man, that one dude that they were trying to tell that he wasn't ready and needed to work on his voice for a while before coming back, he wouldn't even let them talk... all he heard was "no" and then he started cussing them out. How immature! :lol: There's one of those (sometimes more than one) every season. :lol:

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Remember William Hung (She Bangs)? Oh lord. :guffaw:

15. GregNickRyanFan

Well, he was in the right age category, so I'm not sure he was a plant. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.