"Sin City Blue" Discussion - *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 10, 2010.

1. tippy

tippy Victim

Not really crazy about this episode. It's like the same old story, hookers or hooker types or children getting murdered. Also CSI has taught me to well, I am figuring out the ending almost from the beginning.

I did like seeing Catherine and Greg finally get the lead story, it is about time. I hope this pattern continues, I would like to see more of them for a change.

Okay now everyone is assuming Nick now has a girlfriend (I hope not, don't even want to see that happen). Here is a thought, we know how TPTB sometimes like to mess with us you know make us think one thing when it is totally something else, hopefully this is one of those times. Perhaps Nick wasn't talking to a girlfriend, maybe he was talking to Tina, Warrick's wife or ex wife, maybe on Nick's off days he helps Tina with Warrick's son, perhaps Nick is helping to see that the child gets raised right by being a positive role model or father figure to Warrick's son. This to me would be typical Nick and it would be something we never see in shows. I would love to see this scenerio instead of the predictable love interest garbage.

2. jmainaz

jmainaz Civilian

I'm new here on the boards so let me first start by saying "hello."
    The episode was intriguing to me. I've held some suspensions on what the writers want to do with the story line and last night, they solidified my theories a bit more.

My Prediction:
    I believe that this is all building up for us to find out the Dr. Jekyll is Ray Langston's father.
    It seems like they've been hinting that Ray's father has a dark past, and I believe Ray has spoken about how good of a surgeon his dad was too.
    I think that in the back of Ray's mind, he knows that it his father but he is afraid to fully realize it. This is the area I'm not sure about. This is where I need more solidification. If my theory is correct, why hasn't Ray investigated this angle more?

Thoughts?

-JMAinAZ

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought he was talking to Tina as well and scheduling a time to come by and visit Eli (its not like he can just show up there any time he feels like it lol). It just sounded way too casual to be about scheduling a romantic date. The tone of his voice was just too casual. I do think the writers wanted us to panic (cause they know the majority of the fanbase HATED April with a purple passion) and think it was April.

The rest of my thoughts about the episode:

"Dr. Frankenstein had Igor. Maybe Dr. Jekyll has Wan."

:lol: at Greg telling the guy to brush his teeth. I totally forgot about Dustin being in the ep, so I didn't even think about that at the time. :lol:

:lol: at Greg saying "lets go camping" and later Cath saying "smurfs up." :lol:

Hey, it's Forney! :lol: I don't know his real name. I just remember him from that movie (and I can't think of the name of the movie right now lol). This guy isn't Jekyll though.

Eww! Dead girl in the box springs. I hope no one slept on that bed. :lol:

Ray won't give up his DNA? What gives?

That dude thought the shoes would flush down the toilet? :lol: What an idiot! I'm surprised the dress would flush. :lol:

Suspect: And if I refuse?
    Cath: Then I'm gonna get six of the biggest deputies you've ever seen to come in here and assist you. :lol: You go, Cath!

Hey says he is a good man, yet he killed two women. He says he loves his wife, yet he was messing around with other women. This guy is a walking contradiction to himself. :lol:

4. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

Last nights epi

1 Langston has officially gone on my ignore list he really has turned into a jerk NOT giving up DNA I actually started to wonder if he might be associated with the Dr. Jekyll scenarios maybe that is why he doesn't want to give it up but the lab can get it in other ways ( a cup, straw etc...)

2 I hate to say this but I think Nicky was talking to April( makes me sick )
    but I did love in the end that he was using the Spanish again haven't heard it in a while and he makes it sound so good :):):)

3 Cath and Greg's case AWESOME!!!!!

4 Dustin's cameo was great I had to rewatch it to make sure I saw it correctly

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Like many posters, I did enjoy watching Greg and Catherine in this epi. Other than that, it didn't hold a lot of interest for me.
    I did enjoy the technical effects in this one: the toilet draining from floor to floor, the total body dusting for prints by Catherine, and the hand print near the end.
    I'm sorry, but the whole Dr. Jekyll storyline holds no interest for me. It's too forced. How could Ray even think Dr. Jekyll with a large surgical scar on the victim? Dr. Jekyll's signature is a small laparoscopic incision. And the not-giving-up-my-DNA by Ray is a way too obvious plot device.
    Overall, not bad, but a pretty average episode. I would have liked it much better without the Dr. Jekyll stuff thrown in.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

The phone conversation didn't sound too casual for scheduling a date. I'm sure, if it was April, they've been dating for awhile now and the tone would be right.

As for April, I don't think people HATED April, we don't like the actress that is portraying her. There was no chemistry. I didn't have a problem with the character.

So I don't think he was talking to Tina. That actually would have been a good idea, but if they were talking to her they would have let us know.

Besides Nick is suppose to get a love interest so I'm sure that was her he was talking too.

7. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

last night i give it an 8.3/10

i liked how just greg and catherine worked together, when was the last time they worked a case alone
    greg working some on his own:thumbsup:
    when they put the tent up to get prints off of the blonde it made me think of play with fire

ray not giving his dna, interesting
    my mom and me are debating whether he's dr j or why he didnt give his dna

so the guy that was drunk and greg said needed to brush his teeth was dustin, man, i totally forgot he was supposed to be in it

8. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

This DNA thing is strange. Wouldn't all the CSIs and labrats have to have theirs on file so that analyses wouldn't get slowed down by having to re-identify them in case of contamination?
    Like fingerprints, if the tests can rule them out right off, a lot of time is saved. What's up with Langston? :shifty:
    LaSquisita

9. GregNickRyanFan

I still am wondering why Langstons DNA isn't already on file like all of the other CSIs' DNA is. That just seems odd to me.

Nick's phone conversation-

Honestly, if we'd never heard anything about a possible social worker girlfriend and the April character had never appeared, wouldn't everyone assume that he was talking to Tina? I mean, if we hadn't seen that there might be a possible love interest, we'd have no reason to think it was a love interest he was talking to, right?

There was no flirty tone in his voice at all... and Nick would probably say something flirty if he were talking to a potential date :lol:. And they've given us nothing to base that fact that Nick could be in a relationship with April on, but one ep where at first they didn't get along and at the end he said he didn't think she was cold or something and she took that to mean "oh he likes me, he really likes me" :rolleyes: and did that "he's mine now" smile. :gag:

And as for the writers letting us know if it were Tina he was talking to ... what's there to say that it wasn't originally filmed with him saying Tina's name or telling Ray who he was talking to and it was just a scene that got cut out? Kinda like the scene where Ecklie told Greg he made CSI Level 3- that scene was cut out before the airing, yet was on the dvd set as a deleted scene- so it's still quite possible that Nick was talking to Tina and that the conformation of that was just cut out before the episode aired.

On the flip side, it's also possible that it was supposed to be April and that the scene was filmed before tptb got all the negative feedback about the character... and it's possible that due to the negative feedback, they won't bring her back. If the latter is the case, then possibly they might have the get together discussed over the phone be their first/second date and then have Nick tell Greg or Ray later that he realized that there were no sparks or something to that effect. Or they could recast her before we ever see her again, which would be fine if the recast has chemistry with him. :lol: I would rather they just scrap the entire character (I had a problem with her judgemental attitude and from the moment she opened her mouth- this is not someone I want Nicky with- he deserves someone who will not judge him based on other people she's come in contact with who are in the same profession) and come up with a better character for him to get involved with... but all these shows like to do those "they butted heads at first then fell in love" storylines. :lol: It doesn't always happen like that in real life! :lol:

But it makes me feel better to think it was Tina he was talking to, so I'm gonna believe that until evidence to the contrary comes to light. :lol: :)

I just thought of another possibility. :lol: It's unlikely, but ... Could Nick have possibly kept up communications with Cassie McBride and maybe he goes to check in on her every now and then? Maybe he was talking to her about a time when he can come see her so he can see for himself that she's doing all right.

Edited: because apparently I didn't make some of my comments come through clear enough (they got lost in translation between my brain and my fingers I suppose :lol: ). So to be clear: The Cassie thing was just a joke. :)
    Its an on-going theme among many Nick fans. Many of them feel that there wasn't enough closure with the Cassie situation. But, no I don't honestly think it was Cassie that he was talking to.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I think I need to watch it again, but here are my thoughts so far...

I love the Catherine/Greg interaction. I'm not sure i like the 'new and improved Greg'. He's not the funny, quirky, lab geek that he once was, but he has learned to control his temper which is probably a good thing around Catherine.
    I do like them working together, he's proving himself and that's a good thing considering all he's been through.

So the case was predictable. I never figured those girls to be hookers and I hated all the CSI's using the word hookers over and over. Couldn't they come up with something else to describe the two dead young women? :confused: That part rubbed me wrong.
    I did like Cath's attitude toward the perp. She was not caring what so ever that he was married and about all the statistics that he was throwing around. You could tell she was disgusted with his actions, he was looking for some sympathy but in the end, CSI prevailed. :D

The B case was also sort of boring. Well boring that we knew the guy wasn't going to be Dr. Jekyll. He was someone who wanted to reform health care by doing his part. Can't blame him really.... but of course they had to make a model out of him. And leave it to Ray to be just the guy to extend his clinic services. Who didn't see that coming???

As for Ray not giving up his DNA, I'm with the other poster who said that possibly Ray's father is Dr.Jekyll. It could be true since we know that Ray's father is still alive, has a temper and Ray it seems doesn't want to have anything to do with him. This could be Ray's father's way of getting his attention so to speak. Or Ray is afraid of turning out just like him. It's the old adage, if you don't ask the question, you never learn the answer...

I'll have to weigh in on the Nick/girlfriend thing later after I rewatch.

11. jmainaz

jmainaz Civilian

I'm sticking to my theory:

Dr. Jekyll is Ray Langston's Father.

12. GregNickRyanFan

I think that's quite possible... and deep down Ray knows it and that's why he didn't want to give up his DNA. He may be worried how the others will look at him if they discover that his father is a serial killer.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

OUTSTANDING[​IMG] again, the writers never cease to amaze me, excellent episode, from the beginning to the end:bolian: Some highlights and my opinions on this epsode~

The opening with the guy fleeing and the helicopter tailing him~

Nick..Vega and Ray, finding surgical waste and human organs, gross, and the dead boy. Nick: "What are the chances there's another sierial killer out there? Ray: "NO, this is a Dr. Jekyll" Nick: Dr. Frankenstein had Igor, Dr. Jekyll had Juan" Nick and Ray, work so well together, so in tune LF has a powerful aura "tantalizing"~

Brass, Greg and Cath finding the body of a girl in the hallway of a hotel, and Super Dave checking her vitals~

Nck and Ray, again [he's a quick study] very bright and learns fast~finds card from "Botanical Ventura"~

Cath and Greg questioning 'guests' Cool to see them also working together~

Brass talks to bartender and finds that the two girls were in fact 'con-artists' working to steal CC's and pin numbers from guys~

Cath and Greg sealing the girl in a hermitcal sealed contraption. I've never seen that before, Interesting~

Vegas [he's so cool] interogating Juan, he was paid to dump the waste in the mtns. Some guy in a parking lot paid him $20 to drive the trash and dump it~

Doc, watching Ray, "He's talking to you" Ray: "Yes, sometimes I wished they'd tell me more"

He tied the kids incision to the other two organ removal. Ray: "He's operating on the inside and the outside"

Cath then dusting blue powder all over the dead girl. I never saw that before either, fascinating~

The team going to the herbal store Henry said the meds were from Mexico~

Vegas to owner Jeffery, shows warrant and he goes into some tirade about the Myans. Ray goes "We're not here for a history lesson" The go into the back room, where Ray suspectsd the grout in the tile had been replaced, This little experiment reminded me of something Grissom would do. He finds blood amonst the grout powder~ Ray "Edward Gomez died here"

Brass and Greg find the other girl Jillian buried under and beneath the box springs EWWW:( gross Brass: "She's definately not sleeping it off":lol:

Doc and Cath go over the 2nd girls body Karen~

Wendy and Ray, and his refusal to give her a DNA sample, what's up with that? So he's got secrets that as of now we know nothing of:confused:

Nick goes over to vics. house tells his mom the horrible news~

Ray with Jeffery, I've never seen him so mad and so ticked off, and he shoved the pictures of the other two victims that were mulitated and he goes " I don't know them", I help the poor etc. Ray clams down [great acting]

Cath and Greg with the flushed down the toilet dress. intriguing again~

So, the man Mr. Fiore killed both girls, suffocated one with a plastic wastepaper basket and her buddy stashed her body under the mattress~

Mr. Fiore to Cath "The were just useless criminals" Cath "They were human beings, your the worthless criminal"

Ray walks in on Nick, on the phone it seemed with a girl, [hopefully more on that down the line] :p Ray askes Nick a favor [he speaks better Spanish then Ray] printed out some Mexican fliers for the poor. Nick goes 'it's not Hughes" Ray goes "we can get him for other things" Ray also volunteers at the free clinic, and said "he had the right ideas" I ends up with Nick, happy and flashing his captivating smile:D

So, who is Dr. Jekyll,? this is compelling, mysterious and interesting, somewhat lie S/7, and the Minature Killer. I like the continuity of stories on the show> Laurence Fishburne is awesome, and doing such a stupendous job on CSI. I give this one another A+:thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Just pointing this out but....that was detective Cavaliere interviewing the suspect in Spanish. Det. Vega wasn't in this episode. :D

Not a bad theory.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's ladyunter I always mix up those two Dets. Vega and and the other one~ & I think that Dr. Langstons father is dead. He was going over his war medals at one time, and that's the impression I gathered. So if he's dead it couldn't be him. His fingerprints are in the data base, and it might be something no one has thought of yet~