"Sin City Blue" Discussion - *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 10, 2010.

1. calleighdelko

calleighdelko Lab Technician

Hm it was an alright episode. Although i dont really see why there had to Dr. Jekyll stuff happening as well as you could easily tell from the start that it had nothing to do with him. I peronally dont think that either ray or his father is Dr. Jekyll (I have always thought his father was dead anyways). I think its more to do with the gene mutation. I think ray is worried he has inherited it from his father he doesnt want his DNA to be run because then people would find out about it and may be hes worried they would judge him if hes got it?
    I also expected wendy to force the subject a little more and at least have spoken to catherine or nick about it. She was clearly a bit shocked when he refussed and never gave her a proper explantion as to why.
    Also very happy to be seeing more of greg this episode. Him and catherine always work well together. And it was great to see a few jokes and funny bits thrown into the episode. Iv felt the show needs a bit more humor lately.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Maybe it was his buddy co-worker Sara, Grissom called her and she wants to tell Nick all about the phone call, that's what friends do, or the cute little cashier at the local fast-food resturant Nick frequents, & flirts with, that we know nothing of. And on the phone call in "GDC" Grissom and Sara were in a relationship and had been for years, Nick so far is not in a relationship that the writers have presented to the viewers. I hope he does have one soon and this will go over the the 'ship' thread:thumbsup:And I didn't notice the trantula but will keep an eye out for it EWWW:(

3. Stokes626

Stokes626 Witness

I thought the episode was pretty good. It was nice to have a new episode finally after waiting what? A month? :rolleyes:

The thing that bothered me the most, and i see no one else mentioned it, was that half the time, Nick and Ray weren't wearing latex gloves. Like when they first arrived to the scene, they just started grabbing the evidence, along with in the autopsy, Ray just starts touching the body without any gloves on. They were contaminating the evidence! No wonder Wendy asked for his DNA to exclude him from the tile. :eek:

BTW, what was up with that? I'm really starting to think there's something up with Ray. He's acting REALLY shetchy lately.

As for Nick on the phone....i dont know. I would love to think that it's his girlfriend but i really dont think he's having a fling with April. I understand why you all think it's her, but i'm thinking maybe it's another woman or someone else from the past seasons. But you may be right.

Loved the ending with Nick talking spanish. I really enjoyed it when he was yelling spanish in Snakes. Great ending, glad to see him smiling and happy again. :hugegrin:

4. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I believe he said that he wasn't wearing gloves at that particular point because he couldn't crush the stuff as well. That said, not sure about the rest. It seemed like there were some big oversights on that entire case. Other than initially finding removed organs, I just don't get why Ray kept thinking that Dr. Jekyl was responsible.

5. Munchkinsmom

Munchkinsmom Civilian

Another newb here. I went looking for a forum, and found one. I have seen it in a couple of other posts, but I think Langston is Dr. Jekyll. I perked right up when he refused to have his DNA in the system. Thinking about past episodes, there seem to be a lot of things that could point in that direction.

Oh, and how the heck can you change your avatar? I just get a screen with "do not use avatar" with no options. Help.

6. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

I liked this episode overall, especially the amount of Greg (although more would be better:), because I love him). I really like the way Greg and Catherine work together, and thought it was cool of her to tell him he had no reason to collect the trashcan liner the first time he was at the scene. I liked that Catherine was in take charge mode and hope to see more of that. Loved the thoughtful look Nick gave Mrs. Hughes as he walked past her when he and the officers presented her with the warrant to search her home (he is so swoon-worthy). Did anyone else have a problem with the grout not being collected properly and taken to trace? If Dr. Langston was really so worried about keeping his DNA out of the databases, he should not have mixed his epithelials with the grout by palpating it. He had to know they would want a sample from him so as to exclude him. It tickled me when Greg amused Catherine making faces into the snake camera thing they used to find the dress in the pipes. They must have really amazing plumbing in Las Vegas!

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I enjoyed the episode, I like Cath and Greg working together too. They have always had great chemistry. Nick and Ray also seem to mesh well.

So Ray refused to give his DNA, so obviously they want us to think/suspect him as Dr Jekyll. Which means he's probably not. And I also think Rays judgment is impaired a bit because he is so determined to find Dr Jeklly that he is seeing evidence that is not there. To me it was pretty obvious that the MO wasn't the same.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Welcome to the Las Vegas forum, Munchkinsmom! :) Please check out the Help Guide which will answer a lot of your questions. Also the FAQ at the top of the screen is helpful.

To answer your question about an avatar, you must be a member for at least two weeks and have made 50 posts. :) Don't worry...time will fly by if you spend it here! Have fun!

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I can't wait to see the full story with the DNA, myself. IRL he would not be working there without it though.

10. Munchkinsmom

Munchkinsmom Civilian

Oh, I get it. With the avatar thing. Geez. Wojo, I hadn't thought of that. It was rather obvious, so probably not then. Next episode should be enlightening. Nick's a hottie though.

11. Munchkinsmom

Munchkinsmom Civilian

Aw crap. I'm a thread killer!

12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

:guffaw:

Nah, the episode discussion had just run it's course. You just had the luck of being near the tail-end of it.

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Scheduled to repeat this Thursday, 7/8. :)