"Sin City Blue" Discussion - *Spoilers*

I never thought about that, Ray's dad being Dr. Jekyll. But Ray has been very vague and secret about his dad. And I think that's also the reason why he didn't give his DNA. I really like Ray, but how much do we know about his personal live? Not much. It's about time we get to know this guy a little bit better. But I really like the Dr. Jekyll storyline!

As for the phonecall. I really don't know who he'd be calling, but I would like to see him date. He didn't do that very often during the 10 seasons of CSI. There was Joyce (same name as me, woohoo) Secula in season one, Kristy who died and in the episode "Built to Kill part 1" we see him leave the bar with a girl. That's about it.

Ok, now I know you're just grasping at straws, but he was talking to his girlfriend. Not Tina, not Cassie, not Greg, not Mandy, not Wendy, not anyone from the lab or anyone that Nick is shipped and/or slashed with.

They said he's getting a love interest this season and I'm sure that is who he was talking to. Could I be wrong, sure, but I don't think I am.

The only bad things said about the April is that we didn't like the actress that played her. Doesn't mean they'll get rid of April. They either keep the actress or recast her.

Se was being judgemental, sure, but aren't we all. If she was dating Nick and got to know him, I highly doubt she would keep being judgemental of him and his job. If anything, she'd get more perspective from their side and stop being that way. Now she could have gotten burned in the past too. We don't know.

Now I would have liked it if he was talking to Tina or even better, Cassie. That would be totally cool, but I know that isn't the case.

Besides tptb like to toy with us and let's face it, they do a good job of it. :lol:

Now, I still want them to explain why Langston's DNA doesn't have to be on file, when all the other CSIs DNA are (is?). I'm still waiting on how Sara can do this job again. I'm guessing we won't get an answer to either of those questions. :rolleyes:

And why didn't Nick call him on it? Why didn't Nick, or Catherine for that matter, ask why Langston refused to give his DNA? Why, I ask you? Why?

Ok, now I know you're just grasping at straws, but he was talking to his girlfriend. Not Tina, not Cassie, not Greg, not Mandy, not Wendy, not anyone from the lab or anyone that Nick is shipped and/or slashed with.

Destroying all remaining vestiges of hope, I see. :lol:

Yeah, that was probably April or whomever his love interest is. I'm still remaining neutral on this whole thing. I just hope that the next time we see April, she's more likable.

And I just want to repeat that Langston is starting to creep me out.

I think that Dr. Langstons father is dead. He was going over his war medals at one time, and that's the impression I gathered
Wasn't that scene back when Langston went to New York during the crossovers? I believe it was he and Mac in that scene...because that is the impression I got as well. But well, you never really know what they'll come up with.

Again, the episode wasn't exactly a favorite, but it wasn't all that bad. The perp that killed the two girls really annoyed me and a part of me wanted to see Catherine reach over and slap him, but obviously that wouldn't have been a wise move. LOL!

Glad to see Greg getting some decent screen time this season as well.

As for the no go on the DNA bit? Something is obviously up with that. There has to be.

Personally I could care less who Nick was talking too, what does it matter :confused:and it was such a tiny part in this episode. And I admire Langston and am smitten more than ever by his overwhelming acting chops. Thus he's been nominated as "Best Actor In A Drama" as it should be~

Honestly, my first thought was that it was Tina. The April thing never even occurred to me until later. :lol: the Cassie thing was just a joke. I wasn't actually serious about that. :)

Tptb do like to toy with us. :lol: You just never know with those sneaky ptb. :lol: Anything is possible.

I agree that it would be neat to know that Nick was going to visit Warrick's son. Eli is the only biological connection to Warrick that Nick has. And as close as Nick and Warrick were (like brothers), it would only be natural that Nick would want to be in Eli's life in some shape or form. And it would be much cooler to have him setting up a time to visit Eli than for them to go the predictable, yet oh so boring route of it being April. :lol:

I have no problem with Nick having a love interest, I just do not think they chose the right actress for the part (and to clarify, I'm not saying she's a bad actress, I'm just saying that she has no chemistry with him and that makes her the wrong choice imho). And I honestly hate the whole "they hated each other at first" format for love stories. It's annoying and predictable and utterly cheesy. So I really wish they'd gone a different way than that. What's wrong with having two people just connect upon their first meeting? Why is it always "they disliked each other first then fell in love"? Do they know overdone that whole thing is? And ultimately how unrealistic it is? Sure it may have every once in a while, but it is not as common an occurrence as some people think it is. :lol:

On another note, do Greg and Nick still share the office? Or is it all Nick's now that he's assistant supervisor? The last time we saw them in the office together was in the season premiere (I think lol).

Last edited:
As for people not caring who Nick was talking to on the phone, I seem to remember quite a few people going ga-ga over a phone call Grissom got once and thinking they knew who it was. ;)

But why in the world would it be Tina? Yes, I know Nick started a college fund for Eli, but I think that's it. For heaven's sake, Warrick and Tina were at each other's throats the last time we heard Warrick talk to/about her. She wasn't part of the gang, she was (possibly) cheating on Warrick, and they were divorced. Why on earth would she keep in touch with his friends? Yes, again...Eli, but realistically that would probably be on a very limited basis and not a regular thing. In my oh so humble opinion, of course. :)

And I'm with Blackflag. Whoever it was, he seemed pretty happy, so I like that. :)

I have to disagree with you, Smokey. I don't think the college fund thing is it. If we were talking about the kid of just a cop that Nick didn't know very well, then maybe. But as I said, Eli is Nick's only biological connection to Warrick. Nick and Warrick were as close as brothers. So to me, it's logical that he'd want to keep in touch with Tina and let her know that if she and Eli needed anything, he was just a phone call away. And I do think that he'd want to see Eli from time to time. I don't think Tina would have initiated the "keeping in touch" thing. I think it's possible that at the funeral or some time after that Nick contacted her and (lets face it, he wasn't having an easy time getting over Warrick's death even if he held it inside) asked if it would be okay with her if he visited Eli from time to time.

Also, another point is that the DB in Nick's case was a young boy. That could also have gotten Nick thinking about Eli. Nick doesn't have kids of his own (as far as he knows at least) and his siblings' children are most likely not in Vegas, so naturally when a case about a young boy came up, he'd almost have to think of Eli. I think Nick would feel that it was his way of granting his friend's last (unspoken wish). I truly believe that if Nick had gotten a chance to speak to a dying Warrick and if Warrick could have spoken, his last words to his friend would have been to ask him to keep an eye on Eli for him.

I don't think Tina is the type of person who would judge Nick based on the fact that her and Warrick were not getting along... so to me her issues with Warrick wouldn't factor into how she treated Nick (and she did come to the funeral [with Eli] and did look like she was gonna cry, so part of her still cared about Warrick [on some level] despite their differences). As for Nick's smile, it's possible that he's been asking Tina for a while if he could visit Eli and maybe she finally said yes and that's why he was smiling.

I'm stubbornly ( :lol: ) sticking to my opinion (and my first thought while watching the episode) that it was Tina. That's going to remain my opinion (and my hope) until or unless we are given 100% concrete, undeniable proof to the contrary. :)

What I really really wanna know though, is why in the world isn't Langston's DNA in the database already? :confused:

Last edited:
I don't think it was Tina for one simple reason - Have the writers even mentioned Warrick, Tina, or Eli since Turn, Turn, Turn? They've forgotten all about Warrick and the fact that he had a son. :( They're too busy integrating Langston into the team to worry about the past members of the team.

I know I look into details too much but ... anybody else notice that Nick still has "Stevie" in the round terrarium on his desk? :lol:

Susan

I don't think it was Tina for one simple reason - Have the writers even mentioned Warrick, Tina, or Eli since Turn, Turn, Turn? They've forgotten all about Warrick and the fact that he had a son. :( They're too busy integrating Langston into the team to worry about the past members of the team.

I know I look into details too much but ... anybody else notice that Nick still has "Stevie" in the round terrarium on his desk? :lol:

Susan

Did he? Stevie? Man, I'll have to work. Hasn't he found his spider yet?

Susan

Did he? Stevie? Man, I'll have to work. Hasn't he found his spider yet?

Well, I'm guessing it's still Stevie. It's the same little round terrarium (with a rock in it) that he and Greg put Stevie in back in Family Affair. They didn't do a close-up on that side of the desk (pretty much kept to Nick and Langston).

Susan

Have the writers even mentioned Warrick, Tina, or Eli since Turn, Turn, Turn? They've forgotten all about Warrick and the fact that he had a son.
Didn't Greg mention a little something about Warrick in an earlier episode this season? I am almost sure he did. He was out at a scene...and possibly with Brass or Vartann. The reasoning for mentioning him, I can't remember, but I am sure he did.

It is possible that Nick was talking to Tina in regards to Eli, but I think, at this moment, it was probably more so this April chick, or perhaps even someone else. And like some have said, regardless of who was on the receiving end of that call, Nick was relaxed and happy...which was refreshing to see.

They said he's getting a love interest this season and I'm sure that is who he was talking to. Could I be wrong, sure, but I don't think I am.
It was the pizza man!:lol:

Or it was God!!!:lol:

Are you there God, it's me Nick Stokes!

If they are going to go through with this "love interest" than leave it off the screen. I don't like April (and I have every right to do so) and would rather not see the character and the actress who played her again.

And that's my final word

*cue the Keyboard Cat!

Last edited:
Have the writers even mentioned Warrick, Tina, or Eli since Turn, Turn, Turn? They've forgotten all about Warrick and the fact that he had a son.
Didn't Greg mention a little something about Warrick in an earlier episode this season? I am almost sure he did. He was out at a scene...and possibly with Brass or Vartann. The reasoning for mentioning him, I can't remember, but I am sure he did.

Yeah, it was in the previous episode "Better Off Dead". Greg and Nick were in the gun shop and Greg brought up a case or something he worked with Warrick. Or something like that.

Back