Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brassy, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riddick

riddick Rookie

He's not a puppy anymore but he's still adorable...When he's not driving me crazy.

As regards our pair, I think Wendy's posture speaks volumes about what's been changing in their relationship recently...I mean c'mon, there was plenty of room and not only she was sitting right next to him but even completely turned in his direction -at the beginning I even thought her foot was on his chair..

I also like the fact thet when DR.Langston entered the room they weren't embarassed at all at being close and touchy, when, as someone pointed out, they're not exactly touchy kind of people...

I was like "mmmhh what's happening here?" They left me with this feeling in the garage scene from "All in" and now here it is again.

As I said, the game between the two is subtler now...No more direct "insulting", borders are much dimmer so to speak....I hope TPTB will be up to this new and more difficult phase of the "star crossed love affair"...Wally and Liz certainly are.

One thing more: as AJ mentioned "You kill me" and Wendy's outburst in the locker room, I've always wondered at the "Are you allergic to being honest with ME" line.
    I mean, this time he deceived all his fellow lab techs, not just her..But she made it totally personal...Not to mention the "dinner dialogue" in "Lying down with dogs"....She mentioned he had made dinner for her and her date and then she made that knowing smile...It seemed quite obviuos she was taking revenge for the Mindy Bimms incident...I bet after some days she didn't remember the date's name...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

1) Were they sitting closer to each other because they're friendlier or because it was better for the camera?
    2) Was the brush of the hand in the script or just something that Liz decided to do?

Those two questions are things that I'll never get answered, but I'm very curious. Both of them bring up whether it was necessarily Wedges or just them being friendlier with each other. Of course, the first one also brings up whetheror notwere thinking way too much into this.

3. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well there could be many different reasoning's behind those questions. They could indeed be hinting a little moment between Wendy and Hodges, for the fans seeing it's something their cautiously exploring. And it could be as simple as it being better for the camera. It's a hard one to call, although I would prefer it to be the first rather then it just being better for the camera.

As for the second question, I'm thinking it was probably something that Liz decided to add in at the last minute. That or something she unconsciously did when she stood up and walked past Wally . TPTB, at times, allow the cast to add a little or eliminate something. But again, it could have been written into the script, but personally I think it was unconsious move on her part.

Like Wally had a speech blunder in Labrats, when they were filming the last scene in Grissoms' office, yet they kept it in. Just an example. The dancing in the lab? Was something he was doing for fun off camera, yet they asked him to do it for the shot.

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*wanders in nursing her jaw* Having your wisdom teeth taken out is enough to put a girl out of commission... I've missed you guys!

I think it's great 'cause it shows that they're so much more comfortable with each other... and I love the fact that they got to be on the field together. There's a slow progression and TPTB are making it work. I hope that we'll get to see more of that in future episodes.

5. riddick

riddick Rookie

The first part of the Space Oddity making of, "Rats in Space", has been uploaded on youtube....'it is not the point here but I love Sheri Rappaport and her dry attitude...

As for "the touch" I think they gave the actors some freedom to do what they would, I'm not sure it was Liz's touching Wally though, I think she did it as Wendy...

DJ congrats for becoming a moderator, now there's this question again to answer to: what will be the name of the new thread? Needless to say I hope the problem will be faced soon because that means we'll have plenty Wedges scenes to comment on!

ps: tc, who's the couple in your avatar? he looks like Thomas Gibson, is it Hotch and Healey?

So, I'm watching 10x06 right now....What the heck is going on between these two?!

On a second thought, I've got yet to decide if I wholly liked what I saw

Oh another thing: don't care what jocks lovers say, I've found Wally looking right fine in the last eps

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  6. DJRideout

Thanks riddick! It should be interesting times...lol!

I absolutely loved the scene between Hodges and Wendy in 'Death and the Maiden.' When he told her that all he wanted was for her to be happy...the look on her face after he left spoke expressed so many things. I even got the feeling that for a split second that she wanted to hug him for what he'd said. I'm sure it took a lot for Hodges to say that seeing he'd want nothing more but to have her safe inside the lab...near him. HA! Even the lab isn't as safe as it once was.

But I am glad he didn't get all weird about the situation. It shows maturity for the character and acceptance. A willingness to let her spread her wings without his interference. Although I must admit, when Wendy first started to tell him the problem, the quick camera glance to Hodges and the look on his face made me wonder if somehow, he had something to do with it. I don't think so, but it made me think about the possibility. And his suggestion to talk to Ecklie was either just a cover up OR he felt guilty. But in the end, I believe it was genuine. Cause I would really hate to think he'd be as devious as to crush Wendy's hopes of advancement.

And yes, it seems as though we're gonna have to quickly come up with a new name to a new thread for these two. If tptb are gonna give us little wedges moments like they have the past two episodes, then we're really gonna need it...lol!

Here are a couple that were already suggested earlier on. Yes, I scribbled them down afterwards...

Hodges & Wendy #2
    - a love oddity
    - they ARE made for each other
    - you can't deny the chemistry

I think we can come up with something better though. Not that they are bad ideas, but I believe we can come up with something that will fit both of them perfectly.

7. Baby Jane

Baby Jane Victim

DJrideout, I can never post any message after you because you always said what I had in mind in a better way, lol. :D :thumbsup:

So yea, 10x06... Oh my God, that scene between our 2 favorite labrats was so adorable. I have to say that a was kind of shocked when Hodges said "I just want you to be happy". I mean, for a change, he doesn't only think about his own interest! I just love to see how these two interact in the show. I missed some scenes like these, simple, short, but meaning everything. I just love how Wendy has a beautiful influence on Hodges and how she's the only one who has some effects on him, lol. Hodges really acts like he's ready to do anything for her, and as you said DJrideout, it must have been hard for him to say that, he's like he really wants to be different with her, or maybe not that different but a better person.

So congratulations for this episode, I just loved it (the scene was 10/10 but the whole episode was awesome), we need more scenes like that between Wedges! And I definitelly can't wait to see the ultimate scene where they will finally fall into each other arms (to be honest if I had been Wendy in that scene at that very moment, I would have just grabbed him and kiss him, but I'm just saying...). :adore:

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Holy crap, I literally just remembered that I missed last week's CSI. I need to get on that...

Aw, Hodges actually said something that cannot be construed as jerkish? (Okay, he's had his moments, but it's still a big deal.)

*g* Hodges/Wendy #2: It's Probably For The Best

(I'm kidding. I need to think.)

DJ, when did you become a Mod?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Hey, I lost my edit button. Oh well.

I finally got around to watching Death and the Maiden, and I liked the Wendy/Hodges scene. She looked so upset, which is obvious since he knew immediately that something was bothering her.

I loved her little smile when he left. It was like she was trying very hard to not smile through her Emo, but she just couldn't help it.

10. DJRideout

Just last week. lol, crazy times

I like to think that Wendy's smile was a result of her realizing after he'd left, that for once, he was actually being truthful to her, and even to himself. That he could actually be genuinely nice... to her. But then again, I could be wrong... it could've just been a natural response to some kind words.

BABY JANE :lol:, I'm sorry! But don't let that stop you. I always love hearing others interpretations on a Wedges moment.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Thought I'd pop in and say,

I love Hodges and Wendy!!!

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Yeah, I read the smile as both of those things. Because at first she's just kind of staring at him, and then she starts to smile slightly, fights it off, and then finally lets it out. She seems to relax for a second, which I thought was interesting. And I think she did think about how what he said was completely genuine. Nothing in that conversation was really snarky or sarcastic at all.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Popped in again..

I love them so much. yeah I know that sounds nuts!

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*snicker* Having fun, myfuturecsi?

I'm wondering if they're going to touch back on this thing with Wendy anytime soon? And if Hodges is actually planning on talking to Ecklie on her behalf.

15. DJRideout

Well it was kinda mentioned in the same episode. The next time we see Hodges after the little Wedges scene, is when Greg was in the trace lab looking for his results. When Hodges walks in and Greg questions his whereabouts, Hodges simply replies; "Dialoguing with Conrad!" After giving Greg the results to his case, thats when he starts his little "pig latin" mumbling about Wendy and how he was talking to Ecklie. But we don't get to much info from that seeing Greg stops him.

But if Hodges is the man that he could be, for Wendy, I can't see a little visit to Ecklie hurting. Only thing would be is that he'd have to be super careful about how he approaches the subject. The last thing I think he'd want is for Ecklie to know he's doing this for the love of his life.

Then again, Wendy can fight her own battles...but it's always nice to know that the person she has feelings for supports her decisions and desire to advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.