Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I doubt the writers will go back to the "will they or won't they" or rather "are they or aren't they" dance again. That will pxxx off both hiphuggers and non-hipghuggers, and it will certainly not help ratings. Also, we know that nobody knows ( except super H who has super powers that allow him to see and hear everything :rolleyes:) about Eric's decision to leave CSI, cause E/C agreed not to tell anybody.
    So my guess is that Eric will come back after a short leave and resume CSI work until he's ready to tell everyone that he's leaving. During this time we will see E/C relationship evolve. Of course this is just speculation. It would help if we knew if Adam was popping in and out for the rest of the season or shooting 7 episodes consecutvely.
    Again, I'm still 100% convinced that E/C is together! Like rhee said, the writers are just dragging it out because they want us to tune in and find out what's going on, and because Adam has 7 additional episodes to film. Why should they give us some happy E/C episodess for a change :rolleyes:?

Aj, I also tried to PM you but couldn't.

2. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Does Eric have any vacation time built up? If so I guess they could explain his absence to everyone on the team (except the all knowing Super H and Calleight) that way.
    I too, also see it being more of an 'are they are aren't they' theme for much of this season. TPTB are probably somewhat scared of all the die hard hiphuggers tuning out if they end it for good. Keeping us in limbo satisfies all viewers. Non E/C fans aren't hearing about it/seeing it and E/C fans are tuning in to try to catch a clue. It's a win-win for the show.

3. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

4. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

That would cool to see the two get married. That would am "finally" moment with the two. I'll just keep waiting and hoping that the writers will do them justice and write a good one for the couple.

5. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

I really hope that they do:adore:
    LV & NY have marriages between main casts so why not Miami.

The other day AJ (miss you girl:)) mentioned the "All In" episode which is one of my favorites. Just finished watching it again... what I love about this episode is that even though they only had 2 scenes together, I think that this is where both Eric & Calleigh realized the intensity of Eric's feelings & that there is really Something between them they can no longer deny.

Just a thought!
    Hello everyone!:lol:

6. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Now, why didn't I think of that :guffaw:?
    Yeah, I think we should just focus on that kind of happy ending :adore:!
    It's been pretty quiet and dreary around here lately :(! Where's Aj to cheer us all up ;)?

7. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

AJ pm'd me the other day to say that she is taking a break. :( But I miss her, I hope she comes back really, really fast.

So I watched Smoke Gets in Your CSI's last night and it made me teary eyed, only because I know that we are left with a limited amount of Eric time :(

From what eonline's spoiler chat said it looks like they are keeping Eric's return a secret...so of course that send my mind into a tailspin. Could that mean that we will get our confirmation that they are still together (even though we know they still are) and possibly taking that huge next step? Inquiring minds wanna know.

C'mon ladies, lets get the conversation going

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Go check the spoiler thread.....one of his 7 epsiodes left is ep 811. There wasn't much clarity on what exactly he is up to but I could pretty much piece it together and I gotta say, I am not overly impressed.

Some of you might have noticed my absence here on the board and while I still watch the show, my interest in it this season has waned. For several reasons, one of course being E/C but the others being the poor writing, the addition of too many new characters and the overly out of characterness for just about everyone....That last scene between E/C in "Bad Seed" was best described by a TV Guide writer who was/is just as flabergasted as the rest of us concerning not only E/C but Eric in general as well. We are supposed to believe that after HIM pursuing her for 2 years, he is just going to quit work AND break up with her, all in the span of about 3 minutes? Yeah I don't flippin think so!!

I have been thinking and feeling this way for a while now, even after the last seasons finale aired but after what happened with AR in the offseason, I have just about completely tuned this show out. TPTB handled the situation poorly, as did the network and now my favorite character is gone....and again piss poorly I might add.

So I will pop in from time to time, here and of course the spoiler thread but don't be surprised if I go a good chunk of time between posts.

9. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Hello everybody! For a while I thought this thread is dying so...

I'm so happy that this thread is alive and kickin' again!
    I'm so happy that we get to see our Eric one more time before the year ends!
    I just hope we get an early Christmas present re clarification on EC's relationship status.

Nice to hear from you again delkolover and thanks for the Ep 8.11 spoilers!
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the title for this ep is "Witness for the Defense". I guess if Eric contradicts Calleigh's testimony then I think it would create a conflict between them. Not really a positive thing for us hiphuggers.

I have a question for all of you to ponder on:

I just reread Adam's TV Guide interview & this line kinda triggered me to wonder-
    "There will be resolution with Eric and Calleigh, and it will be a nice, slow exit. I think people will be happy with the way it all ends."

Do you think Adam & Emily have an idea on the possible ending to the EC relationship, do they have a say on this or do the writers take into consideration their opinions about this storyline?

10. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

The only "ending" I want to see is a wedding. I'm not sure what kind of pull the actors have on their characters' faith, but, based on all the interviews I've read/seen, I would assume that they want the same things we do.
    Over at CSI LV they managed to keep GSR alive AND give them a wedding, even with the absence of one, and then two of the actors. I don't know why they wouldn't be able to keep our E/C relationship going! Also, I'm still hoping that Adam will be back after season 8; I think there's a lot of movement on YT & FC to that end :thumbsup:
    I guess time will tell!

11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Alright so I was trying to optimistic, but I see that got me no where! :scream:

Ok really, so now we are going to have Eric contradicting Calleigh's testimony. WTF! Really, is there a reason why we can not cut these two some slack. :scream: Why can't it be Eric contradicting super hero Jesse's testimony regarding a case. Its just not fair, not fair I say! :scream::scream::scream:

Why must they torture us so much :scream:

Someone please give us our happy ending soon or else there will be a riot in hiphugger land

12. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

It is very difficult to keep a positive attitude when all we've been getting is one bad news after another, isn't it? :brickwall: Seriously, why torture us, loyal fans who have been nothing but supportive of the show for so many years :wtf: ! When's this agony gonna end?
    And to make matters worse, I just read the article in TV guide that Delkolover posted in the spoiler thread, and now I'm completely depressed :( ! I can't believe tptb/CBS would corner one of their most beloved actors in such a way, that he'd feel forced to make such a decision :mad:! I feel so bad for AR :(! He never wanted to leave CSIM, and would still prefer to come back to CBS, even after the way they treated him. Guys, we need to do more to keep him!
    Virgodess posted some links in the Adam/Eric thread where we could go and help that happpen. We should all contribute any way we can :thumbsup:

13. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

My sentiments exactly D&D!
    Anyway, I have decided not to let all these bad news get me down. For me, these are all just part of a dramatic build up that would eventually lead us to the fairy tale ending we've all been waiting for. :hugegrin:

"tie up Eric’s relationship with Calleigh (Emily Procter) this season."
    When I read this line from the just posted AR interview I can't help but think that it may refer to "tying the knot":lol:

I really hope you guys keep posting - reading your posts helps me keep the faith!

14. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Hello Guys!:)

It seems we have another roadblock:( We wait a long time to get to watch Eric in an episode & we get something like this:wtf: I really hope that they don't plan to make Eric's character into the bad guy who'll break Calleigh's heart to justify her moving on. After years of loyalty I really hope they give him a good exit.

On the positive side, maybe in the end they'll get through it & they'll show that nothing can come between Eric & Calleigh. It can deepen their relationship & will make them think about moving forward to marriage:adore:

HIPHUGGERS TIL THE END:thumbsup:

15. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Yep....keep thinking positive thoughts. Although, it's hard with all the bad news. They's better not go the route of having Jesse console her afterwards though. Talk about ramming someone down our throats.
    But enough with the bad.

I really hope we hear some positive comments about Eric atleast, in upcoming episodes. From Calleigh preferably. They don't necessairly have to be about their relatinoship, but it would be nice. Come on TPTB.....toss us a bone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.