Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no new CSI next week because of baseball playoffs, I think.

I don't think so. The only game that's on Thursday is the Yankees/Angels game. Plus, the Dodger/Philly game was on last Thursday and the it was on. Also, Monday, the Yanks and Angels are playing again, and no other CSI show is on a repeat.

Also, both LCS's are on different networks, the AL on Fox and the NL on TBS, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Actually I think the issue of the games being on is that they might watch them over other shows, thereby lowering the ratings. Normally I don't do this but I am going to here, normally we keep BB game info in the Misc forum, so this info is only for reference about the show, not discussion of teams in this one, thank you.

American League :
Gm 1 Fri Oct. 16
Gm 2 Sat Oct. 17
Gm 3 Mon Oct. 19 4:13 pm FOX
Gm 4 Tue Oct. 20 7:57 pm FOX
Gm 5* Thu Oct. 22 7:57 pm FOX
Gm 6* Sat Oct. 24 4:13 pm FOX
Gm 7* Sun Oct. 25 8:20 pm FOX

National League:
Gm 1 Thu Oct. 15
Gm 2 Fri Oct. 16
Gm 3 Sun Oct. 18
Gm 4 Mon Oct. 19 8:07 pm TBS
Gm 5* Wed Oct. 21 8:07pm TBS
Gm 6* Fri Oct. 23 8:07 pm TBS
Gm 7* Sat Oct. 24 8:07 pm TBS
*IF NEEDED

The World Series:
Gm 1 Wed Oct. 28 FOX
Gm 2 Thu Oct. 29 FOX
Gm 3 Sat Oct. 31 FOX
Gm 4 Sun Nov. 1 FOX
Gm 5* Mon Nov. 2 FOX
Gm 6* Wed Nov. 4 FOX
Gm 7* Thu Nov. 5 FOX
*IF NEEDED

Just because the playoffs are on another channel doesn't mean CBS doesn't want to go up against them :) They usually take a break this week for CSI (historically speaking) and I've always assumed it was because the playoffs get down'n'dirty. I'm still mildly annoyed that it's mid-October and we're still in the A/NLCS mind you. Baseball season is too long!

Not to stay too far off topic, but Playoff games are on other nights, and there are no repeats for other shows, which seems odd to me. It's just the one Yankees/Angels game. Although if that's the case, it makes me loathe the Yanks even more.

Back on topic, I know it's been said that Jorja/Sara will be back for an "Indefinite" number of episodes this season. Has a definite or estimated number been issued as to how much she's going to be back?

Don't get me wrong, because I've loved seeing her back this season. She really has integrated fairly seamlessly back into the team. I'm deeply ambivalent about some of the GSR stuff, as well as the realisticness of Ecklie calling her, especially because 4-5 years ago, he could not stand her and wanted Grissom to fire her, but those debates belong in different threads/forums on this board entirely.

Back on topic, I know it's been said that Jorja/Sara will be back for an "Indefinite" number of episodes this season. Has a definite or estimated number been issued as to how much she's going to be back?

The contract isn't finished being written/signed yet, so we don't have an exact number. At a guess, I'd say probably half the eps this season, but that's just my gut feeling.

I don't really have a problem with the whole Ecklie calling Sara thing. They stated that he called her to ask if she had any recommendations for anyone that he could hire. She's the one that decided herself that she would come back. So, I'd have love to have been a fly on that wall during that decision and hear their conversation about her being the one to return. I just wonder what Ecklie thought of that when she suggested it. :lol: I wouldn't say that Ecklie couldn't stand Sara in the past. I think it's more he didn't like her attitude and thought she was a troubled young woman, which at the time she was. But, she's past all of that now. I like Sara much more than I have in the past, not that I ever disliked her... but it's nice to see her upbeat. :)

Yeah I like Sara a lot more now too, especially compared to the last few seasons so I don't really mind seeing her in some more eps.

Anyway, the press release for 10.06:

"Death and the Maiden" - The CSIs discover that two apparently unrelated crimes are actually parts of the same twisted revenge plot.

RECURRING CAST:

Sara Sidle......................................... Jorja Fox

GUEST CAST:

Det. Vartann.................................. Alex Carter
Officer Mitchell.......................... Larry Mitchell
Tommy Baker.............................. Cody Kasch
Prostitute (Miss Kitty)............. Tangie Ambrose
Paramedic............................ Jeffrey D. Stevens
Mark Baker.............................. Bryce Johnson
Wayne Smith................................ Jeff Hephner
Yvette Baker..................................... Gigi Rice
Jess Smith.................................. Elizabeth Rice
John (Trauma Nurse).............. Jorge-Luis Pallo
April Martin............................... Camille Guaty
Angela Paulson................................. Lina Esco
Pam Harris................................... Emily Foxler
Stan Gerber............................. Courtney Gains

WRITTEN BY: Jacqueline Hoyt

DIRECTED BY: Brad Tanenbaum
Vartann's in it! :)

Not to stay too far off topic, but Playoff games are on other nights, and there are no repeats for other shows, which seems odd to me.
I think they always run a repeat before sweeps starts, which is the following Thursday, the 29th. Maybe they think more people will tune in by drawing out the anticipation of a new episode. *shrugs*
I think it's even odder that Nov sweeps month starts on a Thursday, instead of a Monday. I guess it's all dictated by ad money and consultants. I wouldn't be surprised if the sweeps periods become obsolete in the near future.

As for Ecklie, I think he became more sympathetic to Sara after her kidnapping. I actually liked their scene in A La Cart. Marc Vann played him as trying to be nice and considerate of her situation, and was clearly uncomfortable discussing the personal stuff. I thought he was kind of cute, in an awkward sort of way; it was a different side of Ecklie. I honestly can't recall Ecklie and Sara having much interaction on screen after that. In For Warrick, they seemed to get along okay.

Nice to see Vartann back. Thanks, Ankeila!

Why thank me, I just want people to move on.

Speaking of which, I believe the next preview like you would see after a new ep would be after the repeat next week.

I thanked you, because I thought your comments were profound and wanted you to know I appreciated and enjoyed reading them:confused:

And in my TV Guide it has "One to Go" listed this Thursday, so we'll see what's happening Thurs~

Yeah I like Sara a lot more now too, especially compared to the last few seasons so I don't really mind seeing her in some more eps.

Anyway, the press release for 10.06:

"Death and the Maiden" - The CSIs discover that two apparently unrelated crimes are actually parts of the same twisted revenge plot.

GUEST CAST:

Det. Vartann.................................. Alex Carter
Vartann's in it! :)

Vartann! Woo-hoo! :D

Okay, that's the third case this season out of five shows where an "apparently unrelated" crime is actually part of the first one. What's up with that?? :wtf: It's not a surprise anymore...now we just expect it.

Okay, that's the third case this season out of five shows where an "apparently unrelated" crime is actually part of the first one. What's up with that?? :wtf: It's not a surprise anymore...now we just expect it.

It's like they feel that Langston has to be involved in every investigation that comes through the door. And yes, I'll bet you it's just being used as a way to have Langston involved in both cases! He's the one that got involved in both cases in the previous eps. :(

I really do wonder if we will get a 4x4 or Toe Tags (or even something like Viva Las Vegas) again. An ep where there's 4 or so different cases that have absolutely nothing to do with eachother.

Glad to see Vartann still around. I hope Vega is too.

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back