Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know but maybe the week after the others will have repeats and LV will be new.

Supernatural is also a repeat Thursday. I'm wondering if they're doing that in case the President has to do some kind of speech or something. They'd rather interrupt repeats than interrupt a new episode?

I think they always run one repeat in October though, after they have aired a few new ones. Personally I am glad next week is a repeat. Works out better for me.

The November ratings' sweeps start on Thursday, Oct 29th. I think they usually run a repeat before that. So, I'm guessing that the Miami and NY repeats will be the 26th and 28th, whereas LV (and all the Thursday shows) will be new that week to kick off Nov sweeps.

Last edited:
Speaking for myself, I get 'touchy' about Jorja comments on this site because she is dissed a lot; and not just here. To a lot of posters, she is the cause for all things bad that happen to the show (even when she is not on the show), and is rarely given credit for her hard work and dedication, except by her fans. When we get any good news about her appearances, people can't wait to 'rain on our parade'. So, yeah, I get defensive, and you would too if it was George or Eric or whoever.
See, I think here is where 'empathy' is called for.

George and Eric have not had lengthy storylines as did Jorja. George and Eric have been relegated to almost wallpaper while Jorja has had juicey storylines including a ongoing romance that lasted nine seasons.

So yeah, we are ticked off because our favourite characters have been slighted BIG TIME. So instead of being defensive, try and see it from our perspective.

Not to mention some of the treatment by Jorja's fans that went beyond personal to downright nasty. It wasn't just our favourite characters being bashed. It was the actors themselves, and at one point us. One fan even went so for as to say 'GE's fans couldn't form an intelligent argument even if they tried.'

They don't even know us. They don't know our background, our level of education, our socio-economic status. But when you're online, it's easy to be a downright bully when you have the luxury of a screenname.

So yeah, we dissed, but I personally think Jorja is a lot like Carol. She likes to stir the pot and cause trouble because it makes for excitement in the fandom. So whatever.

Nick has been in the forefront in all 4 new episodes as well as the rest of the team equally, as far as I see it, Jorja/Sara is back, and the team is thrilled for the benefit of her expertise and she's a happy, healthy woman and has brought that attitude with her, and that's a good thing. NO one has been slighted as far as the CSI's to me, and it's getting better and better with each new episode:bolian:And the only one I've ever seen on articles, etc. that CM has ranted and raved about was always Billy Petersen. It was David Rambo and Sarah Goldfinger and Naren Shankar who were strong Sara and Grissom fans. I think it's a diservice to her [CM] that she doesn't love her whole cast equally, as I believe she does~

Nick has been in the forefront in all 4 new episodes as well as the rest of the team equally, as far as I see it, Jorja/Sara is back, and the team is thrilled for the benefit of her expertise and she's a happy, healthy woman and has brought that attitude with her, and that's a good thing. NO one has been slighted as far as the CSI's to me, and it's getting better and better with each new episode:bolian:And the only one I've ever seen on articles, etc. that CM has ranted and raved about was always Billy Petersen. It was David Rambo and Sarah Goldfinger and Naren Shankar who were strong Sara and Grissom fans. I think it's a diservice to her [CM] that she doesn't love her whole cast equally, as I believe she does~

Being at the forefront and having an ongoing storyline are two different things. Jorja did and Eric hasn't, neither has George-or they were abbreviated versions.

Whatever.

Speaking for myself, I get 'touchy' about Jorja comments on this site because she is dissed a lot; and not just here. To a lot of posters, she is the cause for all things bad that happen to the show (even when she is not on the show), and is rarely given credit for her hard work and dedication, except by her fans. When we get any good news about her appearances, people can't wait to 'rain on our parade'. So, yeah, I get defensive, and you would too if it was George or Eric or whoever.
See, I think here is where 'empathy' is called for.

George and Eric have not had lengthy storylines as did Jorja. George and Eric have been relegated to almost wallpaper while Jorja has had juicey storylines including a ongoing romance that lasted nine seasons.

So yeah, we are ticked off because our favourite characters have been slighted BIG TIME. So instead of being defensive, try and see it from our perspective.

Not to mention some of the treatment by Jorja's fans that went beyond personal to downright nasty. It wasn't just our favourite characters being bashed. It was the actors themselves, and at one point us. One fan even went so for as to say 'GE's fans couldn't form an intelligent argument even if they tried.'

They don't even know us. They don't know our background, our level of education, our socio-economic status. But when you're online, it's easy to be a downright bully when you have the luxury of a screenname.

So yeah, we dissed, but I personally think Jorja is a lot like Carol. She likes to stir the pot and cause trouble because it makes for excitement in the fandom. So whatever.
I can empathize. I'm a Greg fan, too, but I certainly don't blame Jorja for his lack of screen time or storylines. Empathy runs both ways. None of the actors should be criticized for doing their job.
And you do prove my last point; you become defensive about George, as I do about Jorja; so we are a lot alike, in that regard.
I don't know why you would think Jorja is a pot stirrer; she has always been complimentary regarding the cast and the people she works with. Naturally, she gets asked questions about her storyline, and she answers what she can. As for Carol M, her job is to generate interest and ratings for the show; if it's a controversial subject, it does generate more discussion. I don't envy her position, so I'm not going to criticize her. And she has managed to produce a very successful show. Personally, I think it's the fans who do most of the pot stirring. :)

I don't want to belabor all this (waves at Destiny :)), I was just addressing the current wave of Jorja 'dissing'.

Back to topic, and to answer sharp's question, the LV edition of the crossover eps is on Nov 12th, episode 7. The November sweeps include episodes 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Last edited:
Yep and everyone at some point will complain about something, it is what it is, the important part is how you rationally (if one can with fictional characters, and actors we don't know) discuss it without coming to blows. You all know I say it all the time, everyone is respectfully entitled to their opinion as people are to respectfully disagree with it. This is a talented group of actors who are given a script that might contain large scenes, or short scenes, good or bad scenes, but each week they bring that character to life by taking those scenes that they do get and try to make the most out of them, to not just say the line and move on. If one of them gets one line for the whole ep, their going to make it count.

But again everyone at some point has a complaint, everyone at some point will feel their character is being slighted or that another is over shadowing. Maybe the actors agree or they don't agree with that opinion. Maybe they like or don't like what was said in an interview, or what was written for them. Maybe they don't care as long as they can put on a show that they give all they have to the fans who watch it. That brings out the passion be it like, or dislike.

It's the fans passion that has kept this show on for ten seasons, and they keep trying to take it to the next level, sometimes with an ep you will succeed and sometimes you won't but from what I have read from the stars its not about work, its about the love of what they can do and the fact that it translates to the hearts of the fan.

So heck yeah at some point your gonna bicker, moan and groan but is just natural, thing is you ALL know what you are each going through, is so and so going, are they staying, will they be in the ep tonight, etc, etc, etc. you all know it cause you have been through it. Again its the passion of the fans. But you ALL have one common goal, your love of the show, because not just one character made this show, and not just one character will make every ep stand out, and not just one character when its time comes will close the show. It's fictional, its ensemble.

You can all be passionate about your show, and character and actor/actress but all we ask is that you be respectful of each others opinions, disagree all you want but remember there is a different between a passionate bickering/arguing, and a passionate debate with respect.

*We now return you to your previously on topic scheduled discussion.*

weehee.gif
good one Destiny and I agree with all you said, thank's:bolian:

Why thank me, I just want people to move on.

Speaking of which, I believe the next preview like you would see after a new ep would be after the repeat next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back