Adam/Stella: It only takes one night to lead you to love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 26, 2009.

1. TheAngelDivine

TheAngelDivine Dead on Arrival

o_O They left it out?

That would have been cute to see and makes me think about something else now. IF they had went ahead and aired it, then Adam/Stella would have been off the ground long before now. Fay is right, a lot changed before the actual airing and taping of the shows, but it makes you wonder what would have happened if the ship started there.

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i remember thinking there was something cute there even when it aired, before there was really any talk of it becoming more concrete. it was a really nice scene!

i think adam is probably quite different off work than at work - obviously now he's bringing that to work, but in the past he was always so nervous at work but i always had a hunch he was reasonably confident out of work - the scene with kendall at his place showed him being much more confident and he even was in the lab with kendall, it was only ever around the bosses that he seemed to clam up - but now that's changed it's like he's begun to see stella in the same way as kendall - ie a friend and colleague (and whatever else!) rather than a scary boss. as mac is really just an extension of stella (!) it makes sense that he's more confident there too. i assume they didn't air that then, they should have!

yeah, it does seem that they've been working up to this for a bit, i think looking back there were definitely hints, although the fact they kept it innocent until epilogue suggests that they weren't sure where they were taking it until then, for whatever reason.

as for melina and the surprise, she didn't say *when* she was surprised - it may have been that they told her what would be happening way back during s5 and she was surprised at the time but didn't get a chance to talk about that until just before s6 started and people were asking about it. it may have been that they told her about it before even my name is mac taylor or that they told her they might be working up to it during s5, but they weren't 100% sure yet how it would play out. it may have been that she was keeping quiet and sitting on the surprise until people asked her about it.

3. Memifer

Memifer Victim

I guess i'm really open to Adam/Stella....she is such a strong confident woman and he is just really sweet and eager I think they will bring out the best in each other :adore: But I guess i'll just have to wait until next year when the new season is aired in the UK to make a final judgement but I'm liking the idea so far....even if my initial knee jerk reaction was WTF!!! :wtf:

only time will tell I guess

4. harmier

harmier Victim

Of course, it could play out in a different way. If Haylen finds out about Stella and Adam and tries to use blackmail to get Adam to put in a good word for her because she thinks he's the "weak link" in the relationship, Stella will be pissed and the audience will be clamoring for Haylen's head.

It might even make for some good crack!fic:

"Stella, what's going on?"
    "Adam's here everybody! We can start burning Haylen."
    "Oh! In effigy."
    "Yesss...effigy."

And while her flirts with her, she can complement Adam on his game. :)

Based on Consequences, I think he'd like to stick to bowling.

Well, Peyton was played by Claire Forlani. So, it's really not a shocker. :D

That would explain the end of The Party's Over and why the fire fighter never reappears. On a producer/writer level, they were setting up Stella/Adam and having the firefighter around would complicate things. On an in-story level, Stella has started thinking about Adam in a slightly romantic fashion, so dating the firefighter while wanting to be with Adam isn't going to work for her.

5. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

I'm so glad i found this thread :) i got so sick of hearing all the NY fans bash Stella and Adam that i stopped reading everyones episode reviews. i was so happy that this was written in, but i hope the writers don't treat it as an afterthought thou.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ me too - showing a brief glimpse of one night of a relationship isn't enough - they need to take it somewhere, if they don't, why bring it up at all?

haha, yes :D

yeah, he did disappear quite suddenly didn't he?! maybe that was also part of it, and also that ep was where stella (and mac too i guess) saw adam in a very different light, so maybe that was when she started thinking about him in a different way?

7. harmier

harmier Victim

Heh. I've got a funny (kind of) story to tell. I was going around commenting on various YouTube videos to explain our side and found a comment for a video about the "It can never happen again" conversation:

So, I posted this:

Okay, the first sentence was a little combative. But after seeing dozens upon dozens of variations of "SMACK4EVAH", "SMACKED FOREVER ADAM NEVER" and the like with no reasons given as to why those are supposed to be true (along with lots obvious spelling and grammar errors) I was little frazzled. However, the rest of the message was the kind of tone I try to infuse with most of my YouTube comments.

The poster actually privately messaged me on YouTube with this:

I found that odd and messaged back:

I got this in response:

Maybe I should message the person back that I've been blown away by the absolutely brilliant communication skills. :p

The reviews that are linked to the CSI Files episode list seem rather positive about it. Of course, I looked at some old reviews and the reviewer likes Adam.

Exactly. And I was working on post for the CSI:NY boards on IMDB and had an inkling of something in the back of my head about Kendall and the firefighter. I did a little research and found out I was right.

Here's the paragraph in (almost) it's entirety:

They've been setting up why the two of them would have a healthy relationship for at least TWO seasons. And in both seasons, Adam and Stella have been involved with other people. And not for very long, either. (And I'm not talking about Stella being involved with the 333 killer.) In the fourth season, Adam was involved with Kendall. And she only made three appearances according to IMDB. And last season, Stella was involved with Brendon (that fire fighter). Number of appearances? IMDB says two. But what's even more interesting is that not only do the final appearances of both Kendall and Brendon occur at about the same time in their respective seasons but exactly two episodes later there is a Stella/Adam scene that develops their personal relationship. "Playing With Matches" (episode 414) is Kendall's final episode and in "Right Next Door" (416) Stella reveals to Adam that she's never really had people over to her apartment since she had to shoot her boyfriend. "The Party's Over" (515) is the last appearance of Brendon and in "Green Piece" (517), Stella asks Adam what was going through his mind when the bomb went off. He mentions that people say that your life flashes before your eyes and she says she's familiar with that one (probably because of her psychotic ex-boyfriend, Frankie).

While I didn't go into it in the IMDB post, the Stella/Adam scenes are both about shared trauma. Add this to the two episode thing and we seem to have a pattern.

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ wow, that was a great post, you said everything i was thinking!! and those communication skills were a bit o_o

i really hope they do something good with it, it would be a wasted opportunity if they didn't, but if, as you say (and i agree) they've been building to it for quite a while it has real potential.

9. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Aw, I'm torn here. Seeing them go to grab a bite would have been great, but the name quest suited the episode better. They looked like a couple of little kids having fun together. There was also this other episode -forgive me, but seasons 4 and 5 are nicely mixed up in my head because I saw all of season 4 and the first episodes of season 5 in about 10 days- in which Adam says he's going home to get a pizza and play Guitar Hero. He leaves and Stella is about to follow him, but she doesn't. Was it "The party is over"? I can't remember, but I would have kicked Stella's butt gladly. Back then I wasn't thinking about a possible relationship, but I thought she should have gone with him as a friend.

He's way more confident now, but I don't think it's because of Stella. He's simply seen his colleagues and bosses won't laugh at him, but respect him and ocassionally compliment him when he does his job. He feels what he does matters and that, in a way, he's an important part in crime solving, so there's no reason for him to look down and stutter.

You have a point there. She might have thought it was a discarded storyline and the fact that it suddenly appeared in 6x01 surprised her. If they were planning this in advance, the theory that she doesn't love him and she's simply using him because she's shocked after the shooting is pretty much useless.

:guffaw: I think I like your idea! Too bad Haylen seems to be here to stay, so it won't happen. The audience, or least a significant portion of the viewers, is supposed to like her.

Welcome! I have the same feeling, visiting some threads is dangerous if you don't say yes to all. I also fear the same, that it's only a one night stand. It wouldn't make sense, but the black hole of continuity is one vicious glutton monster.

Harmier, you are so very brave! Fanatics are the same everywhere. Those examples remind me of the crazy Twilight fangirls, they just won't listen.
    I want to see more of Adam/Stella. I'm intrigued and that's great because so far season 6 is making me bored. However, if the thing is never mentioned again, I promise I won't cry ;)

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

oh yeah, i don't think it's *just* because of stella, but i'm willing to believe that she has been part of it.

well there's that but i was thinking that maybe she's known about it for a while, ie since season 5 or before, and was surprised when she found out but wasn't allowed/able to say anything until season 6 was about to air, so as not to give anything away. it maybe that when she said she was surprised, she meant she was surprised a year ago, but only talking about it now.

11. harmier

harmier Victim

I thought Stella's reaction to Adam's "Adam Ross.edu" joke was odd.

After rewatching, I realized something. When he walks and in tells them, he looks in Mac's direction and then at Sheldon when he says he wants to be called Adam Ross.edu. Then, when he's actually doing his song, his direction whips to the floor, back to Sheldon, Mac and then back to Sheldon. It's only when he's finished that he looks directly at Stella and gives her a smile. Of course, Stella looks away. But I know that she generally does like his humor and even shared the same kind of corny humor (My Name is Mac Taylor) and the way Melina plays it makes it look like Stella is trying to keep from laughing.

So, I read it as:

1. "Do not laugh at Adam's corny joke. He'll realize that I definitely like him as more than a friend and a relationship could cause all sorts of problems."

or (perferably)

2. "Must not laugh at boyfriend's corny joke in front of everyone or they'll know we're dating. MUST. NOT. LAUGH."

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

With Stella's look at Adam after he did his little rap in the lab and Adam's response to that look I could totally buy that these two haven't stopped seeing each other. Stella's little laugh and look said way more than, "I'm laughing at my co-worker for being a dork," and Adam's look said way more than, "Stella and I are just co-workers." There's a familiarity, closeness and chemistry that belies the "we're just friends and co-workers" song and dance they gave each other in the premiere. I am so hoping we will find out in a future episode that they've continued their affair. I keep saying this, but I can't help myself. There's just too much potential to waste with these two.

13. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

This one made me laugh! : D

14. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Guys,

I loved this scene, it brings back my hopes that they will continue with the Adam/Stella-relationship. After the time jump I had almost given up.
    Adam´s little smile at Stella and her somewhat odd look made me think "oh, oh, Hello, what´s going on here :D?"
    I agree with PerfectAnomaly that this scene could indicate that meanwhile they still have seen each other, even if we didn´t get to see such scenes.
    What if Stella´s look didn´t mean "WTF, and I slept with that guy", but instead "WTF, and I STILL SLEEP with that guy?" :lol:

I just hope that TPTB will be brave enough to persuade this storyline and not drop it, only because some consider Adam and Stella as an odd or unfitting couple.

15. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

I just want TPTB to continue this storyline 'cause there's always lots of potential in couples that no one would ever expect.

I would totally hate it if they suddenly decide to drop it and leave everyone hanging.

Who knows? If this storyline goes well, it might unlock some hidden doors never before explored.:)