Adam/Stella: It only takes one night to lead you to love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I was also glad to see them working together normally in this week's episode - the subtle moments where Stella went to touch his shoulder and seemed to second-guess herself was very well done. I wonder if that was in the direction or if Melina came up with that? It was a nice touch. Even if they don't address the issue again (at least not any time soon* ;)), it's good to know that we're getting small moments of continuity about the issue. :)

* You can't convince me that the line in the premiere indicates that it's over. C'mon, this is TV we're talking about. ;)

Yeah - I know people claim that Adam is 'less mature' or 'immature' compared to Stella, but I think his attitude in that scene shows far more maturity than people sometimes give him credit for. It seemed as though he had something different in mind before Stella spoke up, and something about his demeanor suggested that he isn't convinced it's over either (like me :p). Even so, I get the feeling if nothing else ever came out of it, he'd continue to behave toward Stella with the same respect and sweetness that he would if they'd never slept together in the first place. (I would imagine that he'd be hurt if he saw Stella with someone else, but this is Adam we're talking about - he'd still respect and admire her just the same, and I imagine he'd go out of his way to sort of 'get over' it. He doesn't strike me as the jealous type - I hope TPTB never paint him in that kind of light, but I guess we'll see as time goes on.)

You know, it's kind of funny - he and Kendall woke up on the floor/couch after not having sex, and he continued to be very awkward and embarrassed around her (and his crush was obvious). Yet here he is, after having slept with Stella - someone he clearly had a crush on - and he's behaving in a much more calm and self-confident manner. I don't believe that's because he Got Some...

I dunno if I can explain what I mean. :lol: Basically, he clearly respects and admires Stella - and despite sleeping together that hasn't changed. If anything, he seems to be more comfortable with the situation than Stella is. I don't buy that it's because of her status or anything like that so much as that she simply feels out of her comfort zone, perhaps. Adam is very sweet and genuine, but this isn't something Stella is used to - maybe she feels like she has less control of the situation than she may have had in relationships in the past. (Which I don't think is entirely a bad thing, by the way - if you can't trust Adam, who can you trust? And I think Stella deserves - and needs - to be able to have a two-way, respectful and trusting relationship.)

All things considered, Adam's a pretty damn good guy for her. They have differences that could keep things interesting and help balance each other out, but they also have some things in common as well as a mutual respect for - and comfort around - each other. It could be a disaster, but stranger relationships have worked out! :lol:

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

agreed, if only because anyone on tv who's ever said an impulsive action should never happen again ALWAYS does it again. especially when it's sex.

i agree - he's been behaving very well (which makes him sound like a small child!) - many men, when stella said it must never happen again, might have argued the point to try to say why it should happen, but, although the look on his face suggested he didn't believe her, he didn't argue or try to change her mind, he acccepted it and has maintained his normal professional respect, which may, i think, be a factor in her deciding to do it again - if he'd reacted all petulantly when she called it off, that would probably have confirmed to her not to do it again, but his attitude has probably shown her how well he handles these matters (which, after how frankie handled (a) their sexual relationship and (b) her ending it, would probably be a good thing for her!)

for the record - i like adam's immaturity, it makes him sweet and quirky, but being nervous, whooping a lot and playing video games is a different type of immaturity than relationship immaturity - it looks like he's quirkily immature in every day things but actually quite sensible in relationship stuff, which is a nice mixture!

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Sapphire79
    , this is an official warning for trolling. It is against board rules to bash other ships and posters whether or not you like the pairing.

If you have a problem with a specific thread or a pairing or can't have a friendly debate, I suggest you stay out of those threads. Also, if you want to debate about any specific pairing, there are debate threads to do just that. It is not to be discussed in this thread.

Please note some of the rules of Shipper Central:

~ Shipper Central is designed to be a FUN place for people to discuss their favorite FICTIONAL pairings. Shipping is NOT life or death - it's fun AND it's fiction. So, let's please not take things so seriously. If someone doesn't like your chosen pairing, SO WHAT? You do and that's all that should matter.

~ We expect EVERYONE to have RESPECT for the other posters in this forum and their ships. Treat other ships the way you want everyone to treat your ships.

~ To quote TBonz - "Insulting couples (characters) and/or real life actors: DON'T. If you don't like a ship and feel compelled to say why, do it dispassionately and with respect for those who might."

~ It is NEVER appropriate to flame or bash another poster or group of posters. Negative comments and snide remarks towards others will not be tolerated in this forum.

~ Trolling will not be tolerated. Do not go into another thread merely to disparage the pairing shipped there. This includes going into a slash thread to make homophobic remarks or to state that one/both of the characters in question are not GAY. DO NOT DO THIS. It also includes going into other ship threads and saying the ship is stupid and so forth.

~ Discussion in each thread should be limited to the ship it pertains to. Brief, on topic mention of other ships is allowed (for example, if you are discussing a double date between two pairings), Otherwise, discussion of other ships is OFF TOPIC and should be avoided.

The full set of rules can be found here. I suggest you familiarize yourself with them.

4. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Fay, Lisa, I think I see your points. You can't be always mature and you can't be always childish. Adam acts like a teenager sometimes, but I think his past experiences have a lot to do with it. Acting childish is a way of protecting himself from the world. Okay, enough about just Adam.

I like how "normal" he's being after sleeping with Stella. He's not making a big deal about it, not being pushy or anything. He's got a massive crush on her for a long time, but he knows what she's been through and, unless he's braindead, which he's not, he knows putting pressure on Stella will only screw any future possibility up. Also, he doesn't simply think she's hot as hell, but he deeply cares about her. He looks up to her and wants to respect her wishes even if he wishes they could do the same again. As for Stella, I saw her acting normally around him too, which is a good sign because it shows she's not ashamed of what they did, but it could also mean she doesn't really care. However, I don't see Stella being that cold, that's not like her.

Will something happen with these two during the rest of the season? Well, otherwise I fail to see why they showed us they'd spent the night together.

5. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

^I totally agree!

Regardless of the reasons behind it, sleeping with Stella has been one of the best things that ever happened to Adam's confidence. I was watching the first episodes of season five today and I can't help but compare Adam then and Adam now. He looks people in the eye, doesn't stutter as much, and isn't afraid to voice his opinion. Apparently he 'grew a pair' after his night with Stella. (To put it bluntly :D)

Really interested in seeing where this goes, and if it truly is over as Stella said. Even if it doesn't go any farther, I hope this new found confidence is himself stays.

As for Stella, we've seen to little of her to know if their night affected her in anyway. That 'almost touch' was interesting, unsure if she wanted to touch him and didn't because there were people around, or because she believes that it may encourage a 'more than just friends' belief from Adam and doesn't want to hurt him.

Really hoping in the next few episodes for more info about what caused the hook-up and if it really is over.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i watched the last ep again this evening and you know, i don't think stella did put her hand on his shoulder and quickly remove it as if she'd been burnt or something - i thought that the first time, but having watched again i actually think she just touched it briefly and then put her hand back on the chair - it wasn't a kind of secretive "oh god! can't put my hand there! must move it quick!" kind of thing, it was more a kind of little and subtle gesture to say "hey, adam, i'm here!"

7. SAPPHIRE79

SAPPHIRE79 Victim

I apologize if i've offended anyone that was never my intention and no i could never stand Peyton et all. However if all you were expecting was to get positive comments re: Stella/Adam then why did you start this thread in the first place? The question as i understand it to be is should Stella/Adam happen therefore for a balanced debate you should expect negative comments too. To assume that all you will recieve is what you want to here is wrong. incidently as i've already stated on another thread my computer access is dodgy at best which is why my first post was in upper case if anyone had asked before jumping down my throat i would have explained that to you. On the subject of Stella not being intended as Mac's love interest from the start can i remind you of at least two scenes from the first season that i can think of :the end of the dog show episode where as far as i can tell they seem pretty cosy to me and the now infamous tie scene and if you go through all 5 previous seasons you will find countless examples just count the hugs.....does either Mac or Stella go round hugging anyone else? Besides if all they wanted was just to give Mac a sidekick they could have given him a bloke (besides that's pretty much Flacks job anyway.)As for Adam in all the time that the character as appeared in the show prior to 'Epilogue' Stella never once showed any romantic interest in him at best more of a big sisterly affection and I'm truly sorry if you don't like it but in my opinion which is just as valid as everyone else's here it is ludicris to pair them together and if you take a quick look around he web you'll find i'm not the only one.

"SMACKED FOREVER ADAM NEVER!"

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

on whether stella was written as mac's love interest from the start: if she was, she'd have ended up like peyton, only really used in scenes with mac (or about mac) to show mac's emotions. stella has always been a character in her own right (which in my mind peyton never really was, we never saw much of her work, and much more of her scenes with mac).

as for this thread, i dunno, i thought the point of the ship threads was for people who like a certain ship to discuss elements of the ship that they like - i've never seen them as debates so much as "we like this ship, let's talk about it". the smacked thread doesn't seem to have much negativity towards smacked at all - occasionally people say they like the idea of smacked but are wary of how it might be handled in practice, but people who don't like the idea of that ship largely stay out of it. maybe i'm wrong, i'm not a shipper-extraordinaire, but that's certainly the impression i've had.

back to adam and stella, i'm wondering how long it'll take for one or both of them to cave in on this - saying it must never happen again is a sure fire sign in tv shows that it will happen again (at least it seems to be!) and the little gestures between them suggest that there's something more there than just a quickly forgotten one-nighter. i wonder who'll make the first move towards something happening again, and how long it'll take. will stella realise that actually she quite likes adam (which was an impression i got from the hand on his shoulder scene), or will adam think that stella's not feeling too good (which is something i definitely think is the case, she's seemed quite distant so far this season) and reach out to her?

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think one of the reasons Stella could have been drawn to Adam in the first place is because she was able to take the lead with what happened. Plus I don't see Adam pursuing anything after she's already said they shouldn't sleep together again. He may go to her as a friend if he sees she needs some support, but I think the ball is in Stella's court in regard to them continuing to be more than friends.

But I think it would be interesting to have Adam be more assertive with their relationship. With Stella's track record of being pursued by men who end up being mental, though, I think she'd be much more comfortable being the pursuer and I think Adam knows and respects that.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i think it's in her court too - i think is already open to something more happening (it certainly looked that way) but i think for her it's as if in her head she knows that nothing should happen but it's debatable whether her heart is agreeing with her head!

i don't think adam will pursue it either - i think he's aware enough to know that if she says no, she means no, and i think part of that will be that he's aware of how she's been pursued by nasty men before. but i think perhaps if she does turn to him for help or something if she's feeling bad, then he might end up starting something, not in an aggressive way at all, but y'know, sometimes one thing does lead to another!

11. TheAngelDivine

TheAngelDivine Dead on Arrival

I forget the name of the episode, but there is a scene in the end where Stella and Adam are searching for how many Adam Ross's there are in NY state. It is really cute because this, to me was the start of the chemistry, even if they were just friends then. Maybe that could be where the chemistry started? If not, then where do you think the chemistry started for these two?

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ that was my name is mac taylor, last season - you're right, there was definitely a chemistry there, although whether it was just friendly or something more remains to be seen, i suppose.

13. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

I just watched that epi, and that was the cutest scene ever! That very well could have been the beginning of something, because in 'The Party's Over' (which I think is after My Name is Mac Taylor) there's another cute scene at the end with Adam and Stella. Can't really tell if it's just Stella being 'Mama Stella' or if there's something more there. Either way, there is definitely something there!

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

This thread was started for FANS of the Adam/Stella ship. It wasn't started for fans of Mac/Stella to have a place to vent aboutthem. Would you like posters coming into the Mac/Stella thread and behave the way you are behaving? I think not.

No, the question is NOT whether or not Adam/Stella should have happened and it is NOT a debate thread. Did you not read the rules I quoted you in my last post where I gave you an OFFICIAL WARNING? Consider this a friendly second and final warning.

As you should know by now, posting in all caps is considered shouting on the internet and considering how rude you were and that you broke the rules, there was no reason for anybody to think it was anything other than shouting.

As for the rest of your post, talking about Mac/Stella is not what this thread is for. If you do not like Adam/Stella and insist on continuing ripping them apart, you're more than welcome to but it's not going to happen in this thread. We have a specific thread for that and we've updated it and modified it. It is called the Debate/Dislike a Ship thread and it is located here. Also, it is NOT a thread to bash the ship or fans of the ship. Please take all of your debating about this ship to that thread. Ship threads are a safe place for posters to talk about their ship without having all the negativity.

All future debates/dislikes need to be taken to the Debate/Dislike thread.

thanks

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ah - you guys mentioned the scene at the end of "My Name is Mac Taylor", which reminds me: in the original spoilers, Adam basically asked Stella out in that episode. To be more specific, he asked her if she wanted to go out for pizza. I don't remember all the details off the top of my head, but I believe it was that episode. She was at the Brooklyn bridge (for work), and Adam walked up because he lived nearby. He asked if she wanted to grab a pizza at a nearby restaurant and she said yes.

Now obviously, they changed things quite a bit before the episode actually aired (so it's not canon) - and I think the scene they had at the end was cute and much more appropriate for that episode - but it seems like maybe they've been considering this for a while*. (Granted, they were asked about Adam's crush at some point last season and basically said they didn't think there was anything romantic there, so I guess they went back and forth about it for a while - or maybe this storyline didn't seem 'right' until put into the context of what happened in the finale. Like maybe they weren't sure if it would work until the show went in this particular direction, and then it made sense...)

* Although given what Melina said about being surprised by this development, maybe the scene in that episode was meant to be more innocent (there weren't many details in the spoilers themselves, so this is very possible) - or else they'd changed it by the time the actors saw the info for the episode. Either way, it makes you think. :)