Who Here is Going in to Forensic Science?

HoratioCainesGirl

Police Officer
I am. After getting inspired by CSI, I decided either forensic anthropology, forensic pathology, or forensic archaeology is right for me. Does anyone else think this way?

No, I know that I would never go into forensics. I am not good at science, so that alone prettymuch excludes me.

Well, I have to see. Having worked in molecular diagnosis, I have several applications running at the moment, some to companies which also do genetic fingerprinting. Depends on where I get the offer.

:D I pretty sure I'm going into it. I've always loved science and I too was intrested in forensics before I started watching CSI. :)

yeah i'm gonna do a forensics degree in college. And i was probably influenced by CSI but it looked really interesting and i have been quite a fanatic about forensics ever since.

I'm taking a Forensic Science Courde online thru PCDI's School of Legal Studies. I'm already on the third lesson and doing very well.

To be a Forensic scientist u pretty much have to be a cop first, which is what turns a lot of people off about it

mrb105 said:
To be a Forensic scientist u pretty much have to be a cop first, which is what turns a lot of people off about it

Not true at all. You don't have to be a cop at all, you might have to work with them, but you shouldn't be anything like a cop.

I've thought about going into Forensic Science. Right now I'm in my second year of Criminal Justice - Policing program. For now, I'm gonna be a cop :D

Well, I still go to secondary school, but I do plan I'll become a forensic examiner or something like that. My favourite subjects are biology, chemistry and geology.

This is my dream. Science is my passion. I'm studing Environmental Health, and my interest in forensics grew more during this year. So, I'm planning to get a master's degree in forensics. Forecinsic DNA analyst is what I want to be.
It's kind of far from environment health, which is one of my many interests, but my profesor told me that I can work in both areas because DNA analysis is applicable in both forensics and environmental research.

Crime Lab..... here I come.....

Forensics_Guy said:
mrb105 said:

Not true at all. You don't have to be a cop at all, you might have to work with them, but you shouldn't be anything like a cop.

Very true. I t just means that your pay is substantially lower than if you were a police officer beforehand.

VManso said:
Forensics_Guy said:
mrb105 said:

Very true. I t just means that your pay is substantially lower than if you were a police officer beforehand.

I guess that is just a foreign concept for me. I haven't met any forensic scientists who were cops who get paid more than civilian scientists. All the top paid working scientists I know have always been civilians.

Now lab administration might be sworn cops, but they aren't scientists and don't perform analysis.

Back