Who Here is Going in to Forensic Science?

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by HoratioCainesGirl, Dec 7, 2006.

1. AmyDavina

AmyDavina Witness

I am soooooooo jealous.

2. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

Same, there aren't many courses in Calgary strictly to Foresnics, but I'm figuring it out! I graduate next year, so then it's off to school.

3. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

I hope i can get into forensics too. I've been thinking of S.W.A.T. (Specialized Weapons And Tactics), But of course, you can't just apply, it's much more complicated than that.

Yeah forensics would be great! OUt of everyone i knew, i was the only person who didn't go into shock at seeing blood.

cajungators05, i am SO jealous!

4. plaw

plaw Civilian

Yah im a CSU in New York, it is interesting, you do more work then they show on TV, continuing education, but you still carry a badge so you can work details for the extra cash, try it out... its a blast...if you have the stomach for it.

5. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Ah yes but what about the paperwork?

6. plaw

plaw Civilian

the paperwork is rough...theres a lot of proscedure.simple though.

7. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

I have a friends whos father is a cop. And he said the paperwork is brutal. Whats the procedure though?

8. plaw

plaw Civilian

you know, crime scence log on who came within 50 feet of the scene, photo's working with detctives on stuff, who touched what...basic but brutal

9. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Yeah, CSI Miami doesn't show that stuff! (thank God) We don't want the shows to get boring! But yes, i do know its brutal. But i just want to be out there, on the field. Not sitting in a desk doing paperwork. S.W.A.T would be great. Sure it would be hard work, but i'm always up for a challenge. In that field anyways. XD

10. virology101

virology101 Dead on Arrival

So I was reading through all of this, and I just absolutely felt the need to post because this is all I've been able to think about for the past few weeks.

While I'd love to be a forensic pathologist (like, I REALLY want to do this), I'm a music student. I just can't imagine a life without music being involved in my career.

But that's the battle I've been fighting with myself for the past two years. Luckily, I'm not graduated from my high school until this May so I've got a little time left to decide. :confused:

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Just bumping this up, wondering if anyone currently might be studying for it or interested in studying for it.

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Just last year I was going back to school for Computer Forensics. Unfortunately, I got a new position at work and just don't have the money, so I had to drop out. :(

I had to get federal loans and now with the year I did, I'm even in more debt. :(

I still would love to get in that though. :)

13. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Does it count if I say that my brother just applied for an IT job at the Phoenix Crime Lab?

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Sure why not! :lol:

Speedy, don't even get me started talking about student loans. I am forever going to be paying off my college ones. One reason I don't go for a new field of study, can't afford the schooling.