**Season Nine Spoiler Lab**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miamirocks - all I can say is Wow! No need to get ugly. Adam had an interview on May 27th. The full article can be found here: http://adamrodriguezconnection.com/#/interview/4538371839:

Thanks for the article - sorry you consider what I posted "ugly" - to me, it's simply venting my frustration over what I've seen unfold. From the interviews I saw w/Adam, and heard from TPTB, it sounded to me like HE wanted to leave to pursue projects - I never heard TPTB wanted to give him the ax? :confused: And I just don't buy that "character popularity" brought him back - Tim Speedle was probably the second-most popular character on the show at the time they killed him - they could've just let him move on, or written a nicer exit w/more eps, but they just killed Speed. So why is Eric different?

Anyhow, I know this is O/T for the spoiler thread now, so I guess we can PM about it further if you'd like. I'm a bit confused, and while I think it's great that Adam wants to write for Jon Togo's character (which would be refreshing and about time for him to have a real storyline) , I still don't have a lot of faith in the outcome. Maybe it's TPTB, maybe it's Adam's acting, maybe it's a combination - but I just cannot stand Eric Delko since the bullet hit his brain. Just IMHO.

Miamirocks - all I can say is Wow! No need to get ugly. Adam had an interview on May 27th. The full article can be found here: http://adamrodriguezconnection.com/#/interview/4538371839:

Below is an excerpt where Adam talks about writing/directing 1 episode.

As Adam is returning to the show full time for the 9th season, he spoke of writing and directing an episode.

"At the end of the day, part of why I wanted to be an actor was to tell stories, I felt like that was the next level of actively participating in telling the story and I figured what better place to learn than somewhere I've been all this time, somewhere that I know the format, know the actors, the crew..."

And what ideas does he have for his writing debut?

"When I'm done with vacation and we get back to work, I'm going to be sitting in with the writers and spending a lot of time with them, learning what they do, watching them work. I have a bunch of ideas for things that I'd like to do. I think I have some good ideas, hopefully they'll think they're good."

On his cast mates, Adam acknowledged Jon Togo. "I'd love to see him have a great, strong storyline, he needs it. He always does such a gret job. I love working with Togo, I really do. We have a great time; we have a lot of fun. I think he's due something to really sink into."

So, from the article, it sounds to me like Adam would like to write/direct an episode that would feature Jon / Ryan Wolfe's character. He certainly is not trying to promote himself and I thought it was really nice of him to want to do that for Jon, since many of us agree and feel the Ryan Wolfe character needs more attention.
I didn't get from the article at all that Adam wanted to write/direct an episode for Jon, only that he would like to see him have a great storyline and he's due. He's acknowledging what we have been saying for a while,that the character needs attention,not that he would be providing it or that he even wanted to.It was nice that he acknowledged that Jon's character has been neglected,but that's all I see.
The response about Jon was in a whole different paragraph and (IMO) had nothing to do with the episode Adam will write/direct.

Last edited:
We've never even seen Adam's work as a writer/director, so how can you know what he is capable of?

That's exactly my point - what exactly is he going to bring to the show? I justify my hesitation in that he seems to "like" all the things I have grown to dislike about the show, particularly w/his character. If he "likes" the way the show is heading, and his character is heading, then I definitely don't see eye-to-eye w/him on the way he perceives the show, and therefore don't really care to see anything written by him on it. That's all.

I'm also w/ great_zombie - I don't think Adam's come out and said he's writing/directing a show officially. Sometimes I think it's all just spin - just like his whole departure/return - I mean, if TPTB wanted him to leave, why would he be called "The Prodigal Son" in articles about him and TPTB? Doesn't make sense.

Below is an excerpt where Adam talks about writing/directing 1 episode.

As Adam is returning to the show full time for the 9th season, he spoke of writing and directing an episode.

"At the end of the day, part of why I wanted to be an actor was to tell stories, I felt like that was the next level of actively participating in telling the story and I figured what better place to learn than somewhere I've been all this time, somewhere that I know the format, know the actors, the crew..."

And what ideas does he have for his writing debut?

"When I'm done with vacation and we get back to work, I'm going to be sitting in with the writers and spending a lot of time with them, learning what they do, watching them work. I have a bunch of ideas for things that I'd like to do. I think I have some good ideas, hopefully they'll think they're good."

On his cast mates, Adam acknowledged Jon Togo. "I'd love to see him have a great, strong storyline, he needs it. He always does such a gret job. I love working with Togo, I really do. We have a great time; we have a lot of fun. I think he's due something to really sink into."

So, from the article, it sounds to me like Adam would like to write/direct an episode that would feature Jon / Ryan Wolfe's character. He certainly is not trying to promote himself and I thought it was really nice of him to want to do that for Jon, since many of us agree and feel the Ryan Wolfe character needs more attention.

I understand that you are not a fan of Adam's and I totally respect that. Therefore, you probably don't take the time to read any interviews that he does and don't keep on any news about him, which is totally understandable. But I would just like to clarify a couple points. Adam has clearly stated that he did not want to leave, that was TPTB's decision. Due to overwhelming fan response, TPTB approched Adam about coming back and they worked out a new contract. When asked about his new contract and if that would mean that someone else (meaning Eddie Cibian) would have to go, he said he certainly hoped not and that there would not be any reason for anyone to have to leave, due to his return.

Just thought I would share some facts with you to help clear up any possible misunderstandings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you totally. A lot of people are pissed and wanna talk bad about Adam/Eric but he's getting a chance to write/direct an episode and what is he doing? He's using it to give Jon/Ryan a good storyline, or atleast he wants to and atleast recognizes that he deserves it and that many people think so. It's just very frustrating that so many people talk crap about Adam/Eric and Eric and Calleigh's relationship but there hasn't been that much about EC. We've gotten enough info to keep us informed that yes they are together, but not much more. And as for Adam... he was brought back for a reason. Obviously he didn't want to leave and when he was gone, TPTB (thankfully) saw the reprecussions and brought him back. And he's not a secondary character. I don't think so and I'm sure many people would agree with me. He's one of the few characters that has been there since the beginning (even though he was "gone" in season 8 he was in most episodes, esp towards the end of the season). And some people wanna bring up Speed and compare them... But, and don't get me wrong cuz I loved Speed too, the show is starting it's 9th season and he was only on there for 2 of the seasons. It was a great loss but in comparison to how long the show has actually been on, he wasn't on there for very long. At this point I know I'm just venting but I'm just so sick of people talking crap about Adam/Eric and the EC relationship. I don't really see anybody talking crap about H, Ryan, Natalia or anybody else for that matter... so why talk about him? I'm sure if bad things were said about them, which I wouldn't do anyway, there would be a lot of backlash. Yet all of the EC fans (or most from what I have read) don't say things back or fight with anybody else. Sorry for venting so much but it's just really really frustrating. I'm not trying to start anything with anybody, but I'm sure there are threads to talk about your like or dislike of certain people and situations/relationships so can't you just take your negative comments there?

Just want to clarify some things regarding this thread and the rules of this forum.

Firstly, dissenting and positive opinions are both welcomed here so let's please stay shy of telling people where they can and can't post, segregating everyone. Furthermore, discussing actors is fine as long as it's based on something the actor (or his/her representatives) have said publically (the article for which Adam interviewed, for example) and there are no personal attacks thrown against said actors (eg: "He's a rotten, worthless *expletive* etc.).

Also, it's fine to criticize (or praise) an actor's performance on the show as they've knowingly placed themselves in a business where they're constantly being critiqued. However, there's a difference between dispassionately critiquing a performance through constructive criticism and blatant personal attacks, the latter of which is best kept away from here.

That being said, while I don't want to be horridly stringent on what's 'on topic' and what isn't (discussions sometimes evolve), it'd be appreciated if we can all remember the main topic of this thread, which is the discussion of spoilers. ;)

We're not always going to agree with one another and that's the nature of the beast with message boards. It's important that we respect each other's opinions, and know when to walk away (or notify the Mod :p) and take a breather if necessary.

If the shoe fits, definitely keep the above in mind.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I might be in the minority, but I think the 200th (if it is the 200th) would be cool if it were just a regular episode -- as the spoilers seem to indicate. The show tends to go over the top all season long, so mirroring that for a milestone episode would make it seem like small potatoes, if that makes sense. :p

I know that I'd rather see a well-written story, and something we can relate to for an important episode as opposed to some Big Baddie or major character events (death, injury, prosecution etc.), which is pretty well predictable by now. Maybe even bringing back continuity from the first few seasons to treat long-time viewers with a bit of a nod, to say "thanks for sticking around all these years". :lol:

That said, the way the episode sounds so far seems interesting to me. I like that they're trying to inject some heart into it (Calleigh giving blood, the added twist of the victim being pregnant etc.). Whether it translates well on screen is another matter, lol.

Last edited:
I see what you're saying and now that I think about it that sounds a lot better.

I also see TPTB are debating whether or not to give H a significant other again. I think its high time he had a real gf, not another victim the way Marisol was. I've posted this on the Horatio/DC thread before, that I think it'd be great if they gave him a woman who can handle herself well in heated situations, more Catwoman than Mary Jane if you get me.

I might be in the minority, but I think the 200th (if it is the 200th) would be cool if it were just a regular episode -- as the spoilers seem to indicate. The show tends to go over the top all season long, so mirroring that for a milestone episode would make it seem like small potatoes, if that makes sense. :p

I agree with you, actually. I'd rather the 200th episode just be a good episode: well-written, well-acted, etc. I have to admit I do like the over-the-top ridiculousness on occasion, but there's a difference between a little over-the-top (gratuitous action scenes, a more far-reaching cause of death...), and jumping-ship-over-the-top. I'd rather the show marked their long-running success with something that shows they're capable of more than just the comic book, shiny, bikini-laden cheesiness that it's known for. Not that I don't like that too, but I'd prefer it in small doses, and limited to less important episodes.

I also see TPTB are debating whether or not to give H a significant other again. I think its high time he had a real gf, not another victim the way Marisol was. I've posted this on the Horatio/DC thread before, that I think it'd be great if they gave him a woman who can handle herself well in heated situations, more Catwoman than Mary Jane if you get me.

I agree completely. To be honest, I don't care if Horatio has a girlfriend or not, but if he does, I do care about how she's portrayed. I'm sick of Horatio always needing to be the patron saint of poor, helpless, female victims. It makes him look like a patronizing alpha-male who is convinced that all women need a big strong MANLY MAN with a gun to protect them, and hey, he's just the Good Guy (tm) to fulfill that role. I'd love to see him in a relationship with a strong, confident woman who he obviously respects and admires. We've had enough of the "Oh you poor thing, I'll take care of you" with the subtle undercurrent of "...because we all know you can't take care of yourself". It's time for the "Yes, I help victims, but I also help people help themselves. And I admire and respect those, both women and men, who are strong, confident individuals."

Honestly, I prefer that Horatio not have a love interest. We already have one pseudo romance on the show, and there is no need for more of these "I loved her but she was flawed and got herself messed up in my complex life" Caine lasses. Keep Horatio on the crime, let Delko play out the "Calleigh, please love me...PLEEZE!!!" angle.

Isn't this new episode on Sunday the one where Ryan is falling off the bridge? Interesting the promo doesn't show it. I am really looking forward to this episode and hopefully more Ryan.

Isn't this new episode on Sunday the one where Ryan is falling off the bridge? Interesting the promo doesn't show it. I am really looking forward to this episode and hopefully more Ryan.
That is the episode.It's okay that Ryan falling wasn't shown.Sometimes too much is shown in the promo,and when the show airs you find that's all it was too it,there's nothing more. We also find the situation wasn't what we thought and viewers have been disappointed or felt deceived.Sometimes anticipation is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back