**Season Nine Spoiler Lab**

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that Ryan / Johantan double on the background of the 3th pica? it seems to be. He's becoming cuter and I always didn't like him but he is becoming to like for me xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3IQ7G0da0w&feature=player_embedded another scene with Adam talking around it. the scene is Adam running and Adam carrying Emily and falls on top of her (WTF..)

LOL, yes, that is Jon's double. LOL, I didn't realize he was in the picture until after, but I think its cool!

I am so glad we are getting a plethora of information these days, can't wait for tomorrow night! The cell phone/computer is gonna be turned off and I am gonna just soak it all in.

Glad you all enjoyed the pictures, I had a wonderful time on vacation watching "the magic happen."
I can't wait for Episode 5....my rental car is gonna be in it! LOL

Thank you for pics nwolfson!! JT what a hottie. I do like that suit on him; better than the Matlock suit from last season. Then again it does look like it; only altered.:lol:

Still not my fav; but I do like Adam's hair. I hated the skinhead look; I like a man with some hair.:lol:
I honestly cannot decide who is cuter, I am seriously torn between the two, but why should I have to choose? Can't I just have both? Hhaha:guffaw::drool:

nwoflson22 and baybeehannah, just wanted to let you both know that you can edit your post for up to 24 hours, instead of triple/quadruple posting. Not only is it easier for people to respond to each idea, but it de-clutters the thread. Cooperation in the matter would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Also, since the [url="http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?p=1105995#post1105995]Episode Thread for 'Fallen'[/url] has been started, all spoilers and discussion related to that episode can carry on there while this thread continues with discussion for the rest of the season. :)

A season preview via TV Guide.

CSI: Miami Producer: "You're Going to Meet a New Horatio Cane"

CSI: Miami producer Barry O'Brien says he isn't worried one bit about the show's move to Sunday night.

"We're answering the call with essentially a relaunch of our entire series in every category," O'Brien tells TVGuide.com. "It's rarefied air that you breathe when you've been on the air for nine seasons. It's an amazing achievement, and we want to respond with appropriate gratitude and a sense of growth, both in terms of the characters and stylistically."

O'Brien's energy and excitement is evident as he starts discussing storylines for this season. The CSIs will investigate a crime with a literally disappearing murder weapon. One murder will be "witnessed" by a blind bystander. But the story O'Brien is most eager to tell is that of a massive prison break, which will provide headaches for crime lab leader Horatio Cane (David Caruso), who will try to corral the fugitives all season long.

"It puts a group of Horatio Cane's most desperate and dangerous enemies on the street gunning for him," O'Brien says. "You're going to meet a new Horatio Cane. He's going to be unleashed, unrestrained in suspect's faces in a way that he's never been before. He's more passionate than ever, and more dramatic and more compelling from a character standpoint. It's a David Caruso you haven't seen and certainly won't forget.

"A hero is only as effective and as dynamic as his opponent, and we're working to bring more dangerous, more unpredictable opponents, killers and criminals in Horatio's sights," O'Brien continues. "His new style will be born out of that. He's going to rise to that occasion and sort of has to up his game and become just as dangerous as his opposition."

But what about that pesky Season 8 cliffhanger that left everyone but Horatio and Eric Delko (Adam Rodriguez) unconscious in the crime lab after being poisoned? "The survival of our whole team is in their hands, and I can say that one of our CSIs will not survive," O'Brien says. "The shock of losing one of our own really brings our team closer together than ever and recreates that tight-knit dynamic that made the series what it is.

"We were getting into a bit of fragmentation in Season 7 and Season 8," O'Brien continues, noting that Eddie Cibrian's exit from the cast is "a chance to really bring this unit back together and have them work for each other. They are far stronger as a team than they are as individuals. They each bring unique pieces of the puzzle together, which makes the whole better than the sum of its parts. As we put them into high-octane situations, they need each other to survive."

So, expect some of those team members to become more important. O'Brien says DNA analyst Natalia Boa Vista (Eva La Rue) will be personally connected to several of this season's cases. "You're going to see revelatory glimpses into her past and into who she truly is," he says. "I think Natalia is a character with a secret. She's got a stormy ex-marriage that was abusive. So we're going to use her more in the field, in the line of fire."

And with Rodriguez rejoining the cast full time, expect continued exploration of Delko's back-and-forth relationship with Calleigh (Emily Procter). "There may be some new elements that threaten their future together," O'Brien teases. "You can look to Season 9 to clearly define their relationship, but before we do that, we're going to take them on quite a journey."

O'Brien says part of the show's rejuvenation will also take place behind the camera. The show has tapped David Arquette to direct at least one episode this season, and O'Brien says the crew is hopeful Rob Zombie will return to direct as well.

"We're evolving and you're going to see that process on the screen," O'Brien says, emphasizing a new sense of urgency in the way the camera moves. "You're going to see more edge, more excitement. We're bringing a sense of vitality to these stories and these episodes, and we're going to stress the action part of the action-procedural."

But you can bet Horatio's sunglasses and one-liners aren't going anywhere.

"David Caruso has created this iconic character. The character isn't going to change. It's going to be familiar, but we're going to take it to another level," O'Brien says, again reinforcing how much this season relies on Horatio's character. "We want to go forward and go deeper, and an inevitable part of that is mining the almost unknowable character of Horatio Cane."

Apparently the writer (or the copy editor) didn't check their facts. It's Caine!

^^ Thanks Vegaslights. :p

I'm not sure how to feel about Horatio becoming as dangerous as his opponents, but the team needing each other & Natalia's character development sounds excellent.

I had to laugh every time they said Horatio Cane. Who is this man and where is the CSI leader Caine? :lol: I also liked how they were sure the glasses and one liners were there to stay. Wouldn't be Miami without them :p

I'm really looking forward to seeing them give Natalia more importance this season, she really deserves it after they screwed her over in S8. Of course they went and left any news of Ryan out, but I guess we can only expect so much from tptb.

I would have taken an alive Jesse over EC 'back and forthing' and day of the week though :shifty:

We were getting into a bit of fragmentation in Season 7 and Season 8," O'Brien continues.They are far stronger as a team than they are as individuals. They each bring unique pieces of the puzzle together, which makes the whole better than the sum of its parts. As we put them into high-octane situations, they need each other to survive."
It's really about time it was remembered they are a team.I hope this isn't just talk,yet again.
Of course they went and left any news of Ryan out, but I guess we can only expect so much from tptb.
No surprise there,I think it's a bad habit that's getting old.

Of course they went and left any news of Ryan out, but I guess we can only expect so much from tptb.

Everytime there is an article like this one, I scan it for news of Ryan and everytime I am disappointed. Kinda makes one wonder if tptb even remember he is on the show. And great_zombie is right; it is getting quite old:(

On the positive side, Natalia is finally getting quality screentime after being ignored for the last couple of seasons.

Everytime there is an article like this one, I scan it for news of Ryan and everytime I am disappointed. Kinda makes one wonder if tptb even remember he is on the show. And great_zombie is right; it is getting quite old:(

On the positive side, Natalia is finally getting quality screentime after being ignored for the last couple of seasons.

Yeah, that's really too bad - he mentioned that Natalia's a mystery, but so is Ryan...too bad, I really would like to see some background on him though a Natalia back story isn't so bad

Let's hope they are not mentioning Ryan because they want to surprise us. I am sure there will be a good storyline for him this season. I am glad they kept Jon No. 3 in the opening credits, although they kept the same photos.

Ryan saying "you're hiding something" in the preview for next week... hmmm I wonder if he's saying that to Erica. Or is Erica the blonde victim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back