CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I have to say on the "Lindsay being pregnant" thing is I hope it's not Danny's. Not because Danny wouldn't be a good father, because he would. I hope it's not his for the sheer fact that I don't want to watch that drama unfold.

In 419, Danny essentially crawled back to her after Rikki left, and Lindsay was saying no. If she is pregnant and Danny is the father, can we say hypocrisy? She was moving away from that (or, at least, that was my impression) by the end of season 4. If she goes back and sleeps with him again, it (to me) speaks to being a hypocrite.

I'd rather see Lindsay have a storyline not revolving around their non-relationship relationship (or whatever you want to call it). If the pregnant route is the way they wanna go to give Lindsay a new storyline, please make it someone else's baby (and not, like, Mac or Hawkes or Adam or Flack or Sid or any other main male character on the show that I might have forgotten). Give her a standalone storyline, please. That's all I ask.

Last edited:
This one?

Not much of note today. I considered posting a list of things I hope to see on S5, but I soon realized that such a list is futile. The writers are determined to pander to teenies and disillusioned housewives desperate to live out fantasies of star-crossed true love. Hence, we're going to be subjected to another season of sudsy Danny/Lindsay angst. But wait! Like Emeril, they've added a dash of "essence" in the form of a possible Danny/Lindsay/Riki baby daddy triangle. Yeehaw.

Well, at least we know that Danny must have high scores at the gun range.

Look, I've nothing at all against indulging in angsty, soppy fantasies and playing "what-if?" I do it all the time with my fic and on the broad canvas of my imagination. Fantasy is good and healthy, and the desire to share those fantasies is what birthed Hollywood in the first place.

What bothers me about the ever-escalating Danny/Lindsay drama is that I've been duped. I was lured to the show with the promise that I would see hard-hitting drama and suspenseful crime-solving. And I got that. For a year. And then, like the date who's a marvelous kisser and groper but not so hot at much else, it all fell apart when they rounded third and headed for home. With the addition of Lindsay, it was suddenly all about her and her bottomless bag of Issues and not about the crime.

It was a blatant bait and switch. I signed up for CSI and got Melrose Place as performed by the Joe's Gas 'N' Go theatre troupe instead. Pam Veasey has promised year after year that things will improve, that Lindsay will finally blossom and come into her own. Well, she blossomed all right: into a giant incubator for instant Danny death.

I don't want to see Danny forever linked to her by a squalling, pooping bag of DNA. CSI:NY should not be Full House, where the awesomely cool Uncle Jesse was neutered by a wife and twins and morphed into a hot but boring Mr. Rogers. Nor do I want to sit through such riveting hijinks as Danny and the Diaper Bomb or Baby's First Checkup. I don't want to watch Lindsay browbeat him into being Dad of the Year because he had the misfortune to come at the wrong time. It's boring and banal and grossly unfair to Danny, who, before he was ensnared by Lindsay's Venomous Tentacula, was an interesting character. He was flawed, certainly, and often a thick-headed, paranoid idiot, but he was decent, and even if you thought he was wrong, you could believe that he was trying to do the right thing in the wrong way.

Now, he just looks like an obnoxious, opportunistic asshole, and if the rumors about Lindsay and Riki being pregnant at the same time are true, then he looks like an obnoxious, opportunistic, irresponsible asshole. Why? To create drama for the wet-pantied and sexually frustrated and to prop up a boring, blank viewer avatar with no depth or substance of her own.

Worse yet, I and other viewers are still being duped. Early spoilers indicated that TPTB intended to finally develop Lindsay on her own and give her interests other than Danny. Suddenly, though, we're back to the Danny drama, and thousands of fingers have slipped furtively into thousands of underpants.

Maybe plans got scuppered by Anna Belknap's new pregnancy, and if so, then I suppose some changes were inevitable. But why not just say Lindsay had a fling after she and Danny broke up, or better yet, hide the pregnancy by confining her to the lab? Or hey, maybe Anna might like a 9-month maternity leave. Say she's on loan to the Jersey crime lab. Anything but this ridiculous love child plot.

But Option 1 might make her look irresponsible, you say? Well, isn't that a pity? You have no compunction about making Danny into an irresponsible boor, but making Mary Sue Monroe into anything other than the saintly wounded dove of distilled innocence is dirtybadwrong? All right, then.

What I want for S5 is for the show not to suck like a galactic Hoover, but with Doublemint baby drama and the Black Sheep of Clan Flack on the horizon(and oh, how that reeks of Flack being tempted to compromise his integrity to bail out/cover for his ungrateful idiot of a younger sister), I'm not holding my breath.

Yep, that one. :D It's made of pure win as someone said above. You've hit the nail on the head dead on--of why it won't be a good storyline for the show or the characters involved.

It's such a shame NY is going this Lindsay-is-pregnant, stunt casting route. The stunt casting I can tolerate, but the pregnant-Lindsay thing sounds awful. The only way it could be made tolerable if is Danny isn't the only one who's been sleeping with other people, and Lindsay is pregnant by some other guy. But it will probably be Danny's, which means more D/L stuff. :rolleyes: I didn't think even Miami would stoop so low as to have team members getting pregnant by one another. I had hoped Lindsay's character development would be something not to do with sex or romance, just some plain character development, maybe bringing back the tough-but-sweet Lindsay from s2, having her be the one to come up with the 'break' on a case. I wouldn't mind seeing her date a new guy on the sidelines of the show, see her move away from D/L and grow up a bit.

Both Without a Trace and Criminal Minds had main characters get pregnant because the actresses playing those characters got pregnant, but the baby daddies in both cases were not main characters on the shows. I find the idea laughable that some new guy is going to come in and swoon over Lindsay's pregnant ass. So I'd guess that storyline is being dropped. Either that or the big surprise will be that Lindsay did sleep with someone else, too, and the baby isn't Danny's. But that would put her on the same level with Danny, and as La Guera said, I doubt they'd do anything other than make Lindsay "the saintly wounded dove of distilled innocence." :rolleyes:

Holy Crap. That's all I have to say.

Actually, you don't get off that easy. You have to suffer through my reaction to the 'new' spoilers, as I've been elsewhere. So far, I like most of the spoilers that are popping up, although some things seem a bit Mac-centric. Don't get me wrong, I adore Mac, in all his Marine hotness, but this is a show about the team, not one character.

But the Lindsay spoilers. I'm about ready to tear my hair out if it turns out that she is pregnant. That is such a soap opera-ish way to induce 'character development' and frankly, I don't think TPTB can pull it off. Also, I don't believe anyone has considered this, but my first reaction upon reading about the clinic visit was that Lindsay had gotten an abortion. As I run screaming into the distance just thinking about it. I hope NY doesn't go that route, simply because it's such a touchy issue. Anywho, just my opinion on the matter.

And, as a slightly OT note: La Guera, I love your metaphors. They make me laugh.

MacsLady, I am not upset. It takes ALOT to upset me. :D See. And that is fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's cool. And you know, I realize that alot of people are not crazy about the D/L pairing either. Not everyone will always agree. I just have a hard time understanding why some, and not all mind you, but some feel that children limit you.

Well, yeah, sure they do for a little while. But, for the most part you just let them be involved after they get to an age they can. I mean, what if the tables were turned and it was Mac and Stella having a child out of wed-lock. Would everyone be in an uproar too? I think things well be ok which ever way TPTB go. And lord knows ONLY they know.:)

Ok, glad you're not upset. I guess it would be different if it was Mac and Stella having a baby, but maybe not. I live in England and haven't seen the episodes of WAT where Sam is pregnant/has a baby, so I don't know how that storyline works in a crime show.

Of course, there is always the possibility that the baby isn't Danny's. Or like I said before, she could be visiting the clinic for another reason.
Of course if Anna is pregnant, TPTB have to come up with some reason for Lindsay to go away for a while, and they've done the trial thing. The abortion thing is also a possibility.

I seriously doubt they would go the abortion route - for one thing, they're probably making her pregnant because Anna is pregnant, and that would be callous, and for another thing, that's just not the kind of values CBS would want to be preaching for their 'Midwest', all-American girl.

I mean, what if the tables were turned and it was Mac and Stella having a child out of wed-lock. Would everyone be in an uproar too?
Um, yeah, because that would be even more ridiculous. :lol:

I seriously doubt they would go the abortion route - for one thing, they're probably making her pregnant because Anna is pregnant, and that would be callous, and for another thing, that's just not the kind of values CBS would want to be preaching for their 'Midwest', all-American girl.

I mean, what if the tables were turned and it was Mac and Stella having a child out of wed-lock. Would everyone be in an uproar too?
Um, yeah, because that would be even more ridiculous. :lol:

It could happen, you never know!

If you mean Mac and Stella suddenly (and randomly) having a sexual relationship and finding out there's a bun in the oven - DON'T SAY SUCH THINGS! :lol: I know people like the subtext and the possibility that eventually something might happen there, but it just makes absolutely no logical sense in the context of the show as we've seen it thus far.

And if you mean the abortion - that would be a truly gutsy route to take, although I admit that I would prefer they didn't go there. As much as I think Lindsay being pregnant is a ridiculously bad move, if they're going to go there, they need to go all the way. They made their bed, now they need to sleep in it - so to speak.

I think the Rikki-is-pregnant story would be too logical: she's gone and now back with a big secret. It wouldn't be surprising. IMO it will be something else.
And if AB is really pregnant, I hope it will be written into the show, because last time it was very-very annoying how they tried to hide it.
And if it will be that way, it doesn't mean that in the show will be more D/L scene and drama, because AB certainly would appear less (like Holy in Charmed or Kelli Williams in The Practice, and of course AB last time) But I don't know, everything can happen!!!
Anyway, I'd be glad if Lindsay wouldn't get pregnant, and find someone else (not Danny)! It would make the show better, and maybe the people started to like her...

BTW, Perfect Anomaly, I do love your "Drama Llama" icon...I was wondering, would it be okay if I took it and used it? I would most certainly credit yourself and Faylinn for it....

If you use it, don't credit me. I had nothing to do with the icon. Fay made it and I snagged it from her. :)

I have no problem with a female lead getting pregnant and showing that a woman can hold down a full time job and raise children - women do it all the time and if the show wants to reflect reality then go with it. The thing is it needs to be done properly and nothing about Danny and Lindsays relationship (or lack of) has been done properly IMO. Everything about them as a couple is over the top soap opera style drama and that is not what I tune in for. I am all for character development and learning about their backgrounds - personally I would love to know about Adams upbringing - but it shouldn't over shadow the main story, ie. the crime. Given what has gone before, my fear it that this whole Lindsay pregnancy story will be spun out into an over the top drawn out drama that just distracts from the rest of the show and does nothing for either character - more self-absorbed whinging from Lindsay and more Danny being her punch bag. These people are supposed to be feisty CSIs who attend horrific crime scenes and face down mass murders yet they portray them as wet spineless individuals who can't function as normal adults outside of work (sometimes even at work). Can we please get back to the ballsy characters of season 1 and the beginning of season 2.

Did anyone consider the possibility that Lindsey could have been raped?
That could play as a crime scene and she could mature from going through somthing like that. A/B looks very pregnant in the picture and unless they try to hide it get ready for some storyline. Actually I am pretty new to the show. I stumbled onto it over the summer and ordered all the series DVDs and did a "catch-up" marathon! The D/L relationship does not seem that VULGAR to me????

I have a question, and I apologize in advance if this has already been asked. I may have over looked it.

Do we know how much time has elapsed between last season's finale and this season's premiere? I'm wondering because if all of these baby spoilers are true, could it be possible that Lindsey became involved with someone else in the between time, and that this child--if it exists--doesn't necessarily have to be Danny's? There were spoilers regarding a possible new love interest for Lindsey, right?

I mean, I really want to keep watching this show, I've given up on Miami, but am still trying to hang in with LV and NY. But, a D/L baby would be the straw that broke the camel's back for me as far as this show goes.

I have a question, and I apologize in advance if this has already been asked. I may have over looked it.

Do we know how much time has elapsed between last season's finale and this season's premiere? I'm wondering because if all of these baby spoilers are true, could it be possible that Lindsey became involved with someone else in the between time, and that this child--if it exists--doesn't necessarily have to be Danny's? There were spoilers regarding a possible new love interest for Lindsey, right?

I mean, I really want to keep watching this show, I've given up on Miami, but am still trying to hang in with LV and NY. But, a D/L baby would be the straw that broke the camel's back for me as far as this show goes.

I assume no time at all as Veritas is a direct follow on from Hostage.

I assume no time at all as Veritas is a direct follow on from Hostage.

Drat. I'd forgotten about that. Thanks. :)

However...the 'Danny sees Lindsey leaving a clinic' spoilers were for episode 509, right? My theory could still hold water, maybe. I'm gonna cling to it for now anyway. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back