CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now I stand corrected. It does look as if Anna and Eric are enjoying playing family ALOT. So....there is that possibility. And I apologize too if she isn't. Boy, I am just....flabbergasted. Oh and I really liked the pic of Melina and Gary sitting together. She is such and beautiful woman. Makes me sick.

Anyways, I've become more and more curious about Adam's upcoming life crisis. Is there any news on that at all?
I don't think so - I sent Ausiello a question, but I expect it got buried under all of the 'ZOMG DL plz' questions.

ETA: Faylinn, I LOVE your avatar!!! :)
Hehe, thanks - Elsie made it for me. AJ and Bob are awesome. :D

But, aren't we jumping the gun just a bit here. I mean, this is "just speculations" that Anna is PG rated and that they are going to write it in...I am not so sure that it is. I mean, that would make things too, well, too much like a soap, and I don't think Anthony would go that route, not even to apease the D/L fans (which I am a member of).
The spoilers for 5.09 seem to indicate it going this way, so while we're definitely just speculating, I think it's pretty much guaranteed at this point - particularly if Anna is pregnant again.

I never thought the show would 'go there', so to speak, but this isn't the first time they've proven that I apparently just don't know how far they'll go. (For example, I laughed at the ridiculous notion that Danny would suddenly fly across the country when Lindsay went back to Montana - and boy, did 3.18 prove me wrong. *cringe*)

Now, my CSI magazine that I got Tuesday states that TPTB were leaning to the characters of D/L to have a relationship and that in SD they consumated that relationship.
CSI:NY is possibly the worst show EVER at telling instead of showing. They keep saying what they were going for and saying what is there, but they don't show it - Zuiker's 'perfect heart' bullcrap anyone? They expect us to believe that if they don't show anything, we'll assume it's all love and puppies behind the scenes. Except that we don't all watch that way - if they can't be arsed to show it onscreen, I won't be arsed to take leaps of logic to make it work.

If they don't answer some MAJOR questions before revealing that Lindsay is preggers, I give up.

Anyway, 5 ,more days after today. I am excited.:D
Yep, I'm excited too - for now, this show is still my favorite. :p

There is a possibility that it might not be Dannys.............or is that just wishful thinking?
It's always possible - I guess it'll depend on what we don't know about the first few episodes, leading up to 5.09. We might find out Lindsay was seeing someone else, but I tend to doubt it. Time will tell.

And now I stand corrected. It does look as if Anna and Eric are enjoying playing family ALOT.
Yeah - if they're expecting baby number two, I wish them all of the happiness in the world from a personal standpoint. It's only from a TV viewer standpoint that I get frustrated. :lol:

Just visited hubby at EMS base. His buddy likes the show. He doesn't think that they show Linds in a good light anymore. He said he liked her better when she was tough on the crooks. But he said now it just seems like they are making her look like she is book smart but not common sense smart. I told him about the "possibilities" of a bundle of joy. He wasn't very happy. He stated...."Ain't the show suppose to be about crime, why is it going all crazy". But, that was just his opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

Thanks again Faylinn for the spoiler sight it has helped alot! I dont know about you guys but as tiny as Anna is, as revealed in S/D she sure looks with child to me and i even got my MAGNIFYING GLASS OUT! Yep there it is alright!!!

Heheh, I went and sent Ausiello and the spoiler folks a question about Adam too. I really do think other characters on the show deserve the spotlight at least once or twice, ya know? Based on reactions to the latest spoilers, something tells me everyone's getting tired of DL talk.

And, TPTB? When fans of the ship you seem to be making preggers this new season aren't pleased with it and would rather it not happen either, I hope ya know this means it's a very bad sign.

Faylinn said:
If they don't answer some MAJOR questions before revealing that Lindsay is preggers, I give up.
Agreed. It's bad enough just Lindsay being pregnant means she's a total flake and her word is worthless. Dude, telling your boss how stupid it was to get involved with Danny and then having unprotected sex with him after that? Stupid doesn't even begin to cover that. (I know they might spin the the 'broken condom' plot, but it still doesn't make Lindsay any less stupid in this situation since she's the one who's determined to 'get over things' and not get involved with Danny again.)

I agree that TPTB is not showing Lindsay in a good light anymore ... hasn't been for a long time. After her monologue of doom in episode 4x17, she already has next to zero 'endearment' points. Kicking a grieving man down when he's in the worst dumps? Whoever said it was reprehensible was absolutely right.

TPTB pulls this pregnancy stunt for Lindsay and it's done in a piss poor way, we can say goodbye permanently to Lindsay ever becoming a worthwhile, independent character who won't need propping anymore. I don't even wanna think what this will mean for Danny, especially if TPTB makes him a permanent lapdog. Yikes. As much as it pains me to say it, I'll be writing off Danny and focusing on Flack, Hawkes and Adam instead if that comes to pass.

Lori K. said:
I dont know about you guys but as tiny as Anna is, as revealed in S/D she sure looks with child to me and i even got my MAGNIFYING GLASS OUT! Yep there it is alright!!!
:lol: If you're not being sarcastic, I hope you'll correct me because the way I read that, I could hear the sarcasm drip off those words from all the way on the other side of the world!

Just visited hubby at EMS base. His buddy likes the show. He doesn't think that they show Linds in a good light anymore. He said he liked her better when she was tough on the crooks. But he said now it just seems like they are making her look like she is book smart but not common sense smart. I told him about the "possibilities" of a bundle of joy. He wasn't very happy. He stated...."Ain't the show suppose to be about crime, why is it going all crazy". But, that was just his opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

I agree with him. It's kind of a silly storyline for a crime show. Just like both people who did and didn't like Rikki weren't keen on the idea of her coming back pregnant, I think those who like and those who don't like Lindsay can agree this isn't a good storyline for the character. It makes her and Danny look irresponsible, and it also once again shows that Lindsay's only development as a character is through Danny. People who were hoping to see a return to the strong Lindsay of early and mid season two are likely disappointed, because there will be no tackling of suspects or clever lab deductions if she's too busy carrying Danny's love child.

Agreed. It's bad enough just Lindsay being pregnant means she's a total flake and her word is worthless. Dude, telling your boss how stupid it was to get involved with Danny and then having unprotected sex with him after that? Stupid doesn't even begin to cover that. (I know they might spin the the 'broken condom' plot, but it still doesn't make Lindsay any less stupid in this situation since she's the one who's determined to 'get over things' and not get involved with Danny again.)

Maybe it's my instinct as a woman never to just lay the blame for a pregnancy at the woman's door. If nothing, I think the whole storyline makes Danny look worse than Lindsay. We still don't know if he was giving it up for both Lindsay and Rikki at the same time, but it seems like he must have slept with Lindsay after he slept with Rikki. He looks like a big old confused slut, lol.

I agree that TPTB is not showing Lindsay in a good light anymore ... hasn't been for a long time. After her monologue of doom in episode 4x17, she already has next to zero 'endearment' points. Kicking a grieving man down when he's in the worst dumps? Whoever said it was reprehensible was absolutely right.

I've never been a fan of the character, but I have a feeling Lindsay said what she did in "Like Water for Murder" because she was upset, not because she genuinely regretted getting involved with Danny. She's had it bad for him since second season, so I have a feeling that more said out of frustration, and not wanting to look bad in front of her boss, than anything else.

That being said, I agree that the character hasn't been shown in a good light and this upcoming storyline doesn't do her any favors. At the same time, I imagine it was Anna's pregnancy that dictated the storyline more than the writers saying, "Gee, wouldn't it be great if Lindsay got pregnant!"

Someone on my friends list on LJ linked to this article on People - Chris Daughtry to play one of the 'Mac Taylors' in episode 100

I was kind of hoping CSI:NY would celebrate its 100th episode with a special plot for the characters. Apparently they decided that it would be better to celebrate with more stunt casting. WE ALL KNOW THE CHILLUNZ LUV THE STUNT CASTING!!1!

Let's just hope Daughtry is a better actor than the last singer they put in the show. Oy.

(Also, NFL star Marshall Faulk is apparently set to guest-star in the episode as well. Let's hope he's a better actor than the last athlete they put in the show - or whenever Sasha Cohen was on there.)

ETA: Oh, and I don't recall a 'Machiavelli Taylor' in the spoilers for 5.08, but then I didn't peg Rumer Willis as matching the description for the woman either, so I guess they just switched it around to accommodate their stunt casting.

Last edited:
Someone on my friends list on LJ linked to this article on People - Chris Daughtry to play one of the 'Mac Taylors' in episode 100

I was kind of hoping CSI:NY would celebrate its 100th episode with a special plot for the characters. Apparently they decided that it would be better to celebrate with more stunt casting. WE ALL KNOW THE CHILLUNZ LUV THE STUNT CASTING!!1!

Let's just hope Daughtry is a better actor than the last singer they put in the show. Oy.

(Also, NFL star Marshall Faulk is apparently set to guest-star in the episode as well. Let's hope he's a better actor than the last athlete they put in the show - or whenever Sasha Cohen was on there.)

Urgh. What's with all the stunt casting? It will always surprise me that they keep pushing 'special' guest stars, despite the previous performances we've witnessed. I don't know. Maybe they'll all be great, and to be honest, from my British perspective of having no clue who these people are anyway I'll only notice the acting, and if it's bad then it's bad. I'm not going to be impressed that they've managed to pursuade a singer, sports star or whatever to appear. :lol:

ETA: Oh, and I don't recall a 'Machiavelli Taylor' in the spoilers for 5.08, but then I didn't peg Rumer Willis as matching the description for the woman either, so I guess they just switched it around to accommodate their stunt casting.
~breaks out the Jaeger and the heroin spoons and the frozen block of gruyere I'm planning to jam up my ass to dull the pain~

Honestly, this is their grand plan for attracting viewers and celebrating their 100th episode? Oh, yeah, because Julie Ormand is going to bring all the young'uns to the yard. And I'm on tenterhooks to see how an aging rapper and an ex-football player past his expiration date are going to bring the Shakespeare-fu.

How about a storyline that doesn't make me wonder if I've accidentally dropped the 90210 acid and am now happily barfing down my hoochie capris while Fergie's bootylicious "My Humps" thuds in the background like Thor's Hammer of Fail?

More stunt casting. Yuk. I wish they'd give Hawkes and Flack more screen time rather than doing all the stunt casting all the time. :rolleyes:
I am 23 and I don't like the constant stunt casting. I watch the show for the crime and the characters (the team) not to see singers etc there.
Still, this season does seem to have some good character storylines lined up for my fave NY men (Mac, Flack, Hawkes) so I'll tolerate the stunt casting. For now. I don't really care either way to be honest. I'll always watch the show for the crime and the characters, not to see Nelly or whoever.

*pokes head in after a week or so of school/internship/flooding related absence*

I am so not pleased about the spoilers that have popped up over the past few days. It just seems so Juvenile Soap Opera to me. I know that Zuiker or Veasey or someone had mentioned that they wanted NY to have more character development, but IMO this is the wrong kind of character development.

I definitely don't like the idea of Lindsay pregnant, especially if Danny is the father. That just....smells. I think thatKimmy and Top amongst others outlined the reasons that it doesn't "work" really well.

What's really bothersome about all of this to me is that it's so gimmicky. Yeah, I like character development, I want to know about the characters' personal lives and who they are, but not this way.

The way I like character development is through the cases. That way, it seems more organic to me. Like Flack being reluctant to turn his book over to Mac because he can't believe a fellow police officer under his command would do something like that, Hawkes and why he became an ME, and then a CSI, Stella and some of her reactions to things, especially after the incident with Frankie.

This stunt casting and gimmicks of "OMG! Lindzee iz preggerz wif Dannee'z Lurve Chylde!" is annoying. Especially because it is a crime show, not a soap opera.

I mean, yeah, I get that spoilers are rumors, so I'm going to hold my breath and wait until after the episodes air, but like others, I'm keeping my eyes open for sharks and the Fonz on a pair of water skis.

The stunt casting for the 100th episode is OMG out of control! :lol: :rolleyes: I wonder if the goal is to have every Mac Taylor played by a different famous person.

You'd think the focus of the 100th episode would be the cast of the show or something. I know, I know...that's crazy talk!!!! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :p

I wonder if we'll, like, even see half of the cast in the 100th episode or if it'll just be the Mac-and-guest-stars hour? :rolleyes: Blink and you'll miss Hawkes!

BTW, slightly OT, but I was talking to my mom about the whole pregnancy thing and she rolled her eyes and was like 'That's just going to open up a whole other can of worms.' :lol: I love my mama.

Hi there! I don't think this has been posted here yet.

CSI_Kat, that has been posted. Except I did it the hard way I typed it out word for word one word at a time. Don't worry about it, though. Now thanks to your this link, everyone can see the cool pic of Mac and Stella that accompanied the article in TV Guide that I quoted.

I see some people have already posted some of this but I'm gonna give all of you fellow CSI: NY fans a word for word, letter for letter quote of what it says about CSI: NY on page 54 of the September 15-21 (Returning Favorites) issue of TV Guide. I subscribe to TV Guide. So I got the September 15-21 (Returning Favorites) issue in the mail today. Now, courtesy of my eyes and fingers, here is that word for word, letter for letter quote I promised you.

TV Guide said:

CSI: NY
Returns September 24, 10/9c, CBS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Where we left off After being duped by a murderous bank robber (Elias Koteas), top cop Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) was taken hostage and driven off to parts unknown.
  • What's next Left for dead in the Hudson River by the perp, Mac is found by his frantic team, and, furious at the deception, he pursues the killer-who taunts him every step of the way as more bodies pile up.
  • CSIs at home "We're going to spend more time finding out how the job changes the characters' lives outside the office," says executive producer Pam Veasey. Stella (Melina Kanakaredes), for one, plays on the NYPD softball team, where she could reach home base with a ballpark rival, a hunky firefighter (Ethan Erickson). Hawke (Hill Harper) learns something about his past from a friend that could affect a case, while both Sid (Robert Joy) and Adam (A.J. Buckley) face major life crises.
  • Who's in Danny's (Carmine Giovinazzo) old fling Rikki (Jacqueline Pinol) returns with a big secret that could rupture his romance with Lindsay (Anna Belknap). Det. Don Flack (Eddie Cahill) reunites with his integrity-challenged sister, Samantha (Kathleen Munroe). Grammy-winning rapper Nelly plays a club owner/confidential informant in a multi-episode arc, while Maroon 5 will make some music.
^^There you have it. As promised, a word for word and letter for letter quote.^^
Personally, I think Rikki's big secret will be she's pregnant with Danny's baby. Somebody refresh my memory. Isn't Rikki the mother of that boy that was killed??? Her and the boy lived in the same building as Danny??? If that's who Rikki is I'll just bet she's pregnant and Danny is the daddy.
One other thing...in that paragraph "CSIs at home" it gives Hill Harper's character's last name as Hawke. I'd swear it was Hawkes. In fact, I'm 99.9999999999% sure it's Hawkes.

:devil:Just out of curiousity: Can we sue TV Guide for misspelling Hill Harper's character's last name (Hawkes) wrong (Hawke)???:guffaw:

Last edited:
Top41 said:
We still don't know if he was giving it up for both Lindsay and Rikki at the same time, but it seems like he must have slept with Lindsay after he slept with Rikki. He looks like a big old confused slut, lol.

According to the timeline, if this Lindsay preggers storyline comes to pass, it's extremely unlikely Danny slept with Lindsay until after Rikki let him know she was moving away. If he had been having sex with Lindsay during the same period as he was with Rikki, Lindsay would definitely have known she was pregnant and she would definitely have had a belly by the finale. But we saw no evidence whatsoever of that then, so ... :lol: A confused slut! Oh, Danny.

I also did base my opinion on a certain detail from the spoilers, something Lindsay says to Danny that tells me she knows how bad/stupid it is to get involved with him again and did it anyway, but since it's not mentioned here, I won't elaborate on that.

I've never been a fan of the character, but I have a feeling Lindsay said what she did in "Like Water for Murder" because she was upset, not because she genuinely regretted getting involved with Danny. She's had it bad for him since second season, so I have a feeling that more said out of frustration, and not wanting to look bad in front of her boss, than anything else.

Hm, well, upset or not, she's said what she said to Mac, and she can't take it back, definitely not if the preggers storyline happens. Just think of Mac's face when he finds out Lindsay's pregnant with Danny's kid and he recalls her telling him it was so stupid of her to ever get involved with Danny. It would probably look something like -> :wtf: (And we know how good he is at making WTF faces around Lindsay. :lol:)

And what the hell is with the overkill on stunt casting?! Like some people said, shouldn't the 100th episode be about the main cast?! :brickwall: This is not making me optimistic about it.

Faylinn said:
BTW, slightly OT, but I was talking to my mom about the whole pregnancy thing and she rolled her eyes and was like 'That's just going to open up a whole other can of worms.' :lol: I love my mama.

That's one way of putting it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back