CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abortion? Not likely. Raped? No. And as much as I'd like the baby to belong to someone other that Danny, I doubt that will be the case. Yep, I fear we will have a D/L baby whether we like it or not. ;)

Who knows what will happen when they actually have a baby, most probably (and likely, I hope) is that we won't really see it. Bar the occasional mention and obligatory appearance now and then I'm hoping it won't really feature. Too much to ask? Quite possibly, but it's the only way I can still have hope that the show won't suck too badly. :lol:

Of course, I'm placing my bets on a birthing scene in the season finale. The timeline fits. Ah, there's nothing like a traumatic birth to bring a team together...

Get ready for another long post from moi! :p

On the working mother discussion, I think the main issue in this case isn't whether it's possible for a single mother to juggle kids and a very busy, full-time job. It's whether Lindsay can handle life as a single mother juggling a baby and a very busy, full-time job.

I personally know single moms with multiple kids who work full-time, so I know it's more than possible. However, in Lindsay's case, I'm a lot more skeptical. Just her character is enough to make me question the idea of her being a mother. (If you want details on that, head to the Why Lindsay Must Go thread and read the posts in there.) And the way she treated Danny for most of season four, her past behavior towards Mac and Stella, amongst other things ... I can't imagine how she's going to handle a baby who'll depend on her completely for care, nurturing and affection if she's always #1 in her eyes. I feel sorry for the baby already.

Ya know that statement by Anna Belknap about pregnant women unable to work around chemicals like those in the CSI labs? If Lindsay only finds out she's pregnant about three months in, doesn't that mean in that timespan she's already exposed her unborn kid to God knows what poisonous chemicals there are in the labs? :wtf: Are TPTB expecting us to suspend more belief by assuming it's okay now for Lindsay to continue working in the labs simply because they say so? :wtf:

If the baby turns out to be radioactive/has six arms/has laser eyes/can turn into a cow at whim, I'll be here laughing my ass off.

As for Mac and Stella having a baby ... :lol: As much as I do think Mac and Stella have great chemistry together, that'll be even more unbelievable and hilarious at this point of the show.

racefh853629 said:
In 419, Danny essentially crawled back to her after Rikki left, and Lindsay was saying no. If she is pregnant and Danny is the father, can we say hypocrisy? She was moving away from that (or, at least, that was my impression) by the end of season 4. If she goes back and sleeps with him again, it (to me) speaks to being a hypocrite.
Agreed very much. It doesn't just make her a hypocrite, it makes her look really pathetic as well. So much for TPTB attempting to paint her as someone finally gaining some senses and having the smarts to move on. :rolleyes: It boggles my mind why TPTB is so intent on writing her as this ... idiot, while expecting us to close our eyes to her every fault and think of her as this 'perfect' person who can do no wrong. :wtf: TPTB, that is not the way to go to endear a character to the audience, specially not if the audience use their brains.

And yeah, there's the thing about Danny going to Lindsay after Rikki left. Due to the switch of scenes in episode 4x19, Danny did call Lindsay before he found out Rikki was leaving, but note that Danny only got visibly upset about anything when he did find out. Therefore, should TPTB go ahead with this Lindsay preggers story, it'll turn out the only reason Danny even slept with Lindsay again is because Rikki left and Lindsay was the easiest lay around. Geez, TPTB, how's that for destroying what's left of Danny's integrity? And Lindsay's?! :brickwall:

I think it's damn ironic even those who dislike Lindsay want her to shown in a better light and made independent, hopeful her character being developed without Danny remaining her prop. Seriously, things are not good when people from all sides think this development is a horrid joke.

I'd rather see Lindsay have a storyline not revolving around their non-relationship relationship (or whatever you want to call it). If the pregnant route is the way they wanna go to give Lindsay a new storyline, please make it someone else's baby (and not, like, Mac or Hawkes or Adam or Flack or Sid or any other main male character on the show that I might have forgotten). Give her a standalone storyline, please. That's all I ask.
Amen to that.

Hm ... has anyone considered it being a 'scare'? Ala CSI:Miami? I kinda recall someone mentioning that CSI:Miami had a similar storyline where one of the regular recurring characters thought she was made pregnant by one of the main characters? Boa Vista and Eric, I think? Please to be correcting me if I'm mistaken.

Top41 said:
Both Without a Trace and Criminal Minds had main characters get pregnant because the actresses playing those characters got pregnant, but the baby daddies in both cases were not main characters on the shows. I find the idea laughable that some new guy is going to come in and swoon over Lindsay's pregnant ass. So I'd guess that storyline is being dropped. Either that or the big surprise will be that Lindsay did sleep with someone else, too, and the baby isn't Danny's. But that would put her on the same level with Danny, and as La Guera said, I doubt they'd do anything other than make Lindsay "the saintly wounded dove of distilled innocence." :rolleyes:
See, those shows were smart. They paired up a main character with a recurring one because it won't directly or permanently upset the balance of the main cast. A recurring character can be written out if TPTB chooses to do that later on, but you can't do that with a main character without major repurcussions.

If Rikki is the one pregnant, it won't be shoved down people's throats for the rest of the show because she's a recurring character who isn't required to appear every week. That alone is already a plus. And should TPTB go with Rikki moving on and caring for the baby on her own, TPTB can write her and the baby out without badly affecting the show. But Lindsay, no way can TPTB write in or out a baby without things turning into a soap opera laughing stock. It's like digging a grave and going deeper and deeper underground hoping you'll see the sky just beyond your shovel when you know you won't.

About the new love interest for Lindsay ... I dunno, it all depends on how TPTB writes him in. Have you guys wondered if the new guy is her doctor? :guffaw: But seriously, I can see another guy being interested in Lindsay eventhough she's pregnant. If he's that good a fellow, Lindsay would be a dumbass to not move on in her life with him. If TPTB chooses to go that route, that's one way of making Lindsay independent of Danny even with the preggers storyline. It'll also explain away how Lindsay will manage being a new mother with a baby and a busy, full-time job, since she loves to complain how awful it is being a 'lonely country girl in the big city'. :rolleyes: Yeesh, that got old years ago.

random_rambler said:
I'm about ready to tear my hair out if it turns out that she is pregnant. That is such a soap opera-ish way to induce 'character development' and frankly, I don't think TPTB can pull it off. Also, I don't believe anyone has considered this, but my first reaction upon reading about the clinic visit was that Lindsay had gotten an abortion. As I run screaming into the distance just thinking about it. I hope NY doesn't go that route, simply because it's such a touchy issue.
Yeah, it's the 'TPTB won't be able to pull it off' part that has everyone cringing about this. That and, personally, I think Anna Belknap is just a subpar actress who can't emote so if things are done badly, it'll be double the cringing.

An abortion? Yikes, I sure hope TPTB won't go there! Or a miscarriage route. Just tasteless all around, especially since Belknap is pregnant. Talk about awwwwkwaaaard.

nikirex said:
I think the Rikki-is-pregnant story would be too logical: she's gone and now back with a big secret. It wouldn't be surprising. IMO it will be something else.
Between logical and well-done, and gimmicky and stupid, I'll pick logical and well-done any day. Quality =/= Shock value.

Poppet said:
Given what has gone before, my fear it that this whole Lindsay pregnancy story will be spun out into an over the top drawn out drama that just distracts from the rest of the show and does nothing for either character - more self-absorbed whinging from Lindsay and more Danny being her punch bag. These people are supposed to be feisty CSIs who attend horrific crime scenes and face down mass murders yet they portray them as wet spineless individuals who can't function as normal adults outside of work (sometimes even at work).
Yep, that's one of my concerns too. If this Drama Llama is going to overwhelm everything again, I say a big fat no to Flack and Hawkes being shafted this year, particularly Hawkes! :mad: That poor man's been shafted since the beginning. And yeah, a big fat NO to more self-absorbed, whining Lindsay and punchbag!Danny too.

Elsie said:
Of course, I'm placing my bets on a birthing scene in the season finale. The timeline fits. Ah, there's nothing like a traumatic birth to bring a team together...
Grryyaaah. If it's worse than her, "I rock!" scene, I'm definitely giving it a pass. I mean, she couldn't even make, "I rock!" sound believable! I so do not want to see her trying to act a birth. (And before people say she must certainly do a good job of acting a birth because she's done it in real life, hey, I bet she's cried before but the court room scene in season three is proof there's a major difference between actually crying and trying to act it.)

Having said all this, I still have a little bit of hope it's a red herring. Something just smells ... fishy. :lol: The main reason why there is the conviction the spoilers have to be true is because the spoilers appear to be tied to the case in the episode. Personally, that's not enough a reason to convince me it will definitely come to pass, not even with the news of Belknap being pregnant. TPTB can easily leak fake spoilers that connect to cases, just to f**k with people's minds.

Does anyone else think it's suspicious TPTB would leak out such a major thing before the season five premiere's even aired? Way to kill all the suspense, ya know?

I can't click on the pictures to make them larger because my computer is old and can't handle it :p, but I think it's the first picture in this thread.

I have to say, that on the first picture AB really seems to be pregnant. I just don't understand, why they didn't announce it, the picture is very obvious.

Did anyone consider the possibility that Lindsey could have been raped?
That could play as a crime scene and she could mature from going through somthing like that. A/B looks very pregnant in the picture and unless they try to hide it get ready for some storyline. Actually I am pretty new to the show. I stumbled onto it over the summer and ordered all the series DVDs and did a "catch-up" marathon! The D/L relationship does not seem that VULGAR to me????

I was thinking this the other day. I was thinking that at the end of personal foul when Lindsey got the taxi. Something could have happened to her.

I have to say, that on the first picture AB really seems to be pregnant. I just don't understand, why they didn't announce it, the picture is very obvious.
Heh - I doubt they'll announce it at all. We didn't have official confirmation of Anna's first pregnancy until a picture of her showed up where she was visibly pregnant. It seems she wants to keep things very private - although as far as confirming the pregnancy itself, it becomes obvious at some point anyway, so I don't see why it's kept secret. :p

Heh - I doubt they'll announce it at all. We didn't have official confirmation of Anna's first pregnancy until a picture of her showed up where she was visibly pregnant. It seems she wants to keep things very private - although as far as confirming the pregnancy itself, it becomes obvious at some point anyway, so I don't see why it's kept secret. :p

You never know if this is the route thatt hey are going down with |Lindsay being pregnant, then she might actually be wearing one of them pregnant suits. Just a thought

Kimmychu, what you say about many women being able to juggle kids and careers but you not being able to see Lindsay doing it, is what I think too, and what I meant to say in my earlier post. Optimisitcally (you just can't keep me down) maybe the pregnancy thing will bring out a strong, feisty, capable Lindsay, maybe she'll be able to care for her baby in a way she couldn't for Danny.
But maybe we'll get the selfish, whiny Lindsay from s3 who snapped at Stella for asking if something's wrong, who treats Danny like cr*p. That I will not like. And please, no more no b*lls Danny who lets her treat him that way.

I agree that when she has said baby, it will appear occasionally/be mentioned now and again.

If we do get a birthing scene (I hope not) at least we might get Hawkes playing Super!Doc and delivering it on an autopsy table. Danny isn't going to do it. Mac would probably prefer to leave it to Hawkes, as would Stella. Flack, well, maybe as a cop he has some experience of or has seen babies be delivered out of hospital, but I can't see him doing it either.Sid....I love Sid, but I can just imagine him going to his Creepy Place as he's delivering the baby - 'You know, in so and so country, a woman gave birth to a baby with two heads. It's really quite incredible....':lol: That said, the man does have kids himself, so he must be used to being around pregnant women and even delivering babies. But I'd like Hawkes to do it, if someone has to. He seems like he would be a very good doctor to have by your side in any emergency. Like at the end of AHTYMA. I do like Hawkes in Doctor Mode. It's a different side to him, and it's hot.
But I'd rather have Lindsay go to hospital or back to Montana or something to have her baby. If she's having one.

When did it come out that Lindsay will be pregnant?? Danny just see her leave a clinc, that could mean ANYTHING!!! my doctor's office is in a clinc, doesn't mean everytime I walk out of there I'm pregnant. Lindsay could just be going to the doctor for anything.

When did it come out that Lindsay will be pregnant?? Danny just see her leave a clinc, that could mean ANYTHING!!! my doctor's office is in a clinc, doesn't mean everytime I walk out of there I'm pregnant. Lindsay could just be going to the doctor for anything.
I just suppose it because Anna B. may be pregnant and if she is, i think they will write it into the show, in this case it's obvious that she's in the clinic because of it.

Railynn said:

Sorry for confusing anybody - someone asked earlier and I confirmed that the spoilers seem to be indicating that she's pregnant - so it's not in the info about the episode in the 'just the facts' thread, but it's still true. Going to a clinic doesn't automatically mean you're pregnant, but in this case that's the implication. Anna seeming to be pregnant lends strength to the possibility.

As for the baby making Lindsay show her strong side - let's just hope the fact that she rushed away to avoid Danny at the clinic isn't a sign of how she's going to handle it (a la the way she handled her crap in season 3, running away and having to be cornered).

If we have to endure a tacky birthing scene as the Big Case in the finale, I hope it's at least amusing. Like maybe Adam and Lindsay are stuck somewhere and she goes into labor and he's all "I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies!" and calls Hawkes in a panic, and Hawkes has to tell him what to do until they can get them out of wherever they're stuck and get Lindsay to a hospital.

Railynn said:

Sorry for confusing anybody - someone asked earlier and I confirmed that the spoilers seem to be indicating that she's pregnant - so it's not in the info about the episode in the 'just the facts' thread, but it's still true. Going to a clinic doesn't automatically mean you're pregnant, but in this case that's the implication. Anna seeming to be pregnant lends strength to the possibility.

As for the baby making Lindsay show her strong side - let's just hope the fact that she rushed away to avoid Danny at the clinic isn't a sign of how she's going to handle it (a la the way she handled her crap in season 3, running away and having to be cornered).

If we have to endure a tacky birthing scene as the Big Case in the finale, I hope it's at least amusing. Like maybe Adam and Lindsay are stuck somewhere and she goes into labor and he's all "I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies!" and calls Hawkes in a panic, and Hawkes has to tell him what to do until they can get them out of wherever they're stuck and get Lindsay to a hospital.

I hope she doesn't handle it that way too.

That scenario with Adam and Lindsay and Hawkes would be funny. Poor Adam, he'd be so freaked out, Hawkes would have to calm he down and walk him through it.

Let's hope that Lindsay is visiting the clinic for some reason other than pregnancy. *crosses fingers* They must be looking at something medical/personal as a reason for Lindsay to disappear for a while when Anna goes on maternity leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back