CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5x04 - Sex Lies And Silicone - Press Release

THE MURDER OF A HIGH END, CORPORATE "FIXER" TAKES THE CSIs INTO THE DISPARATE WORLDS OF POLITICAL CORRUPTION, PERSONAL BETRAYAL AND SILICONE DOLLS, ON "CSI: NY," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 22

Mykelti Williamson ("Forrest Gump") Guest Stars as Chief of Detectives Brigham Sinclair

"Sex, Lies, and Silicone" - The murder of a corporate "fixer" takes the CSIs into the disparate worlds of political corruption, personal betrayal and silicone dolls, on CSI: NY Wednesday, Oct. 22 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Det. Mac Taylor............................. Gary Sinise
Det. Stella Bonasera......... Melina Kanakaredes
Danny Messer. ................. Carmine Giovinazzo
Dr. Sheldon Hawkes....................... Hill Harper
Det. Don Flack............................. Eddie Cahill
Lindsay Monroe......................... Anna Belknap
Adam Ross.................................... AJ Buckley
Dr. Sid Hammerback...................... Robert Joy

GUEST CAST:
Chief of Detectives
Brigham Sinclair.............................. Ann Steele
Amber Mead....................... Lars Scissorhands
Stephen Sowan............................ Trevor Jones
Devon Gummersall............. Mykelti Williamson
Greg Pullman.......................... Andrew Walker
Anthony Martino............ Christopher Stapleton
Rebecca Anderson..................... Kelly Noonan
Hank Gorem................................... Brian Poth

Written by: Wendy Battles
Directed by: Jonathan Glassner

Wow, that cast list is all fizucked up. :lol:

But I FORGOT ABOUT SINCLAIR BEING IN THIS ONE (if I ever knew, that is), SO YAY!!! :D

(One of these days, they totally need to have Tom Hanks on the show so we can have a mini Forrest Gump reunion. For srs. :p)

However, this made me nervous. I fear for Det. Angell's character.

I don't fear for Angell. Other caracter like zack or Jane or the other woman detective were not really developp. We know more angell. Her father, her five brother. I don't think writer begin develop her story and relationship (with Flack) for change her by another detective. Look in csi and csi miami. Before valera, Hodges, wendy...there are many other guy. Before Sofia curtis in csi there are another man. I think writer just search the great caracter and actor for second role. And now Adam and Angell are really love by fan. I think there will be no change.

may your tongue be blessed. i really love Det. Angell's presence.
She adds the New Yawk rough n' tuff thang in the show. But i agree with you on changing actors and characters. In NY, there were a number of lab guys & coroners before Adam and Sid came in. If they only know these two have a growing fan base since they signed up for the show

Thank You Faylinn for filling me in! I had a hunch when I read somewhere about a " bump in the relationship" that could be a possibility. I also thought I read somewhere that one of the eppies is called "Dead inside" and I wonder if that could imply an ill fate for the baby maybe from working around the chemicals?

Is there some place I can find a list of the eppie titles and synopisis of them? or is the information just out there all over the place?

I think "Dead Inside" is a previous episode. *looks it up* Yeah, that's episode 5.07 - so I doubt that will refer to the baby. As much as I think Lindsay having a kid is a bad move, I would hate if they had her go through a miscarriage.

All of the episode info can be found in the just the facts thread. (Obviously, more recent stuff will be toward the end of the thread.) :)

[I also keep track of the spoilers on my LJ - 5.01-5.06, 5.07-5.12 (which only has through 5.09 as of now, of course). It should have most of the spoilers, if not all of them.]

I've been thinking about this and it's all too conflicting. Lindsay getting pregnant by Danny doesn't make much sense if she is suppose to be getting a new love interest - not that pregnant people can't meet someone new but thats just way too complicated - and lets be honest D/L is already way too complicated. It's also conflicting with what Carmine said about putting the brakes on - if anything I think Carmines comments are probably the most honest, I think some of the other spoilers are clearly red herrings. So I am going with Lindsays trip to the clinic has nothing to do with being pregnant maybe she is just ill.

The spoilers are definitely conflicting and weird. However, given Anna's RL pregnancy, I tend to believe the ones that Lindsay is pregnant over any others. And to be fair to Carmine, he did say a while back that he thought they'd either have a kid together or just end it.

He also may have made the "brakes" comment before they decided to write in her pregnancy.

Now I am in 2 minds. Lindsay being pregnant means she can't work in the labs so they would be effectively taking one of the main characters out of the show. A character I am not very keen on, so one on hand YAY! on the other the only way to keep Anna on screen if Lindsay is pregnant is to turn the show into somekind of soap opera which I won't be happy about. It is supposed to be a crime procedural show.

The fact of the matter is that Lindsay is and always has been a glorified love interest for Danny. Save for her dark secret storyline--which as we all know was tied into Danny in the end--she's never had a real storyline independent of her dealings with Danny. I don't think it's a big deal whether her character is in the lab or not--take her out of the lab/away from work and her only major storyline--her romance with Danny--isn't affected. I think "Snow Day," where every character but her played an integral part, illustrated that fairly well.

It sure makes Danny look like a big whore, though--sleeping with two women in one season and knocking one of them up.

Hey, maybe Rikki will also be pregnant and Danny will have to be dealing with becoming a father twice over. Hey, TPTB could even have Lindsey and Rikki go into labour together and have a mixed up babies storyline as well! The possibilities are endless!!!!!!
(cein puts on her running shoes to escape from the angry mob that she knows is going to be after her for suggesting this ;-)

LOL, I can almost see it and find the prospect a hilarious one. :lol:

I think "Dead Inside" is a previous episode. *looks it up* Yeah, that's episode 5.07 - so I doubt that will refer to the baby. As much as I think Lindsay having a kid is a bad move, I would hate if they had her go through a miscarriage.

Agreed--that would be in incredibly poor taste given Anna's real life pregnancy. If they're writing it in, I'm sure they're going all the way--which means NY will be the first show to have a CSI baby. :lol:

*keeps an eye out for sharks in the water* :p

Here's the spoiler report for 5.06 - I went with "Enough" as the episode title since it seemed to be the one used in later versions of the spoilers. We'll know when the press release comes out whether that's the final title or not. :)

(If one of the modly ones would put that in the 'just the facts' thread, I'd be much obliged. :))

Top41 said:

The fact of the matter is that Lindsay is and always has been a glorified love interest for Danny. Save for her dark secret storyline--which as we all know was tied into Danny in the end--she's never had a real storyline independent of her dealings with Danny.
I thought about it - didn't Veasey say Danny would have a lot going on this season that didn't have to do with Lindsay? Well, she never said Lindsay had a lot going on that didn't have to do with Danny, did she? (I can't remember where the original quote was from, and I don't have the link on my LJ, so I can't be sure I'm even right.) So I guess it's no surprise, really.

My guess is that Carmine's comment about brakes being pressed was made before he knew about the pregnancy storyline - so if I were to make a prediction, we probably won't see much between them for at least the first few episodes (because I think Carmine probably made the comment based on what he'd seen and filmed so far).

The baby will probably bring them magically back together - because everybody knows that a baby fixes all of the problems in a relationship. [/sarcasm]

Ok, I'll be nice now. :) Whatever happens, Adam and Sid are still there. *pets icon* :p

Faylinn said:
The baby will probably bring them magically back together - because everybody knows that a baby fixes all of the problems in a relationship. [/sarcasm]

That gave me so much lulz. :guffaw: Even as a joke, the mere idea of it, much less seeing it come to pass on screen on the show, is seriously cringe-worthy. It's gonna be one deep hole TPTB's digging themselves here. Maybe the better term for it should be 'grave'. :p

I was reading this article on Cracked.com entitled 5 Cheap Tricks TV Shows Use To Keep You Watching, and I just had to post cheap tricks #1 and #4 here. I think they pertain very much to our current discussions. :lol:

#4 Couples that constantly break up and reunite

Major Offenders: The Office, Friends, Sex and the City, Scrubs, countless Soap Operas.

After months or years of increasing sexual tension, two leads finally admit that they love each other and want to be together. This usually occurs with a passionate kiss and a high pitched "Whoooo" from the studio audience. We at home get to believe that we, too, will one day find true love with the one hot girl in our circle of friends.

Then, tragedy strikes in the form of a breakup. The sitcom gets serious for a while, showcasing the tension between the ex-couple. The exes start dating new people and we get all sorts of jealousy and wacky misunderstandings, based on the fact that the couple is really still in love. Eventually then they get back together, only to do it all over again (if the series runs long enough).

Why it Works:

Romantic love is an emotion that supersedes all others--at least on television--and there's no better way to engage the viewers than by constantly giving it to them and taking it away again.

Also, the breakup stage allows shows to introduce guest stars to be the new love interests for a few weeks or months (Sarah Jessica Parker went through several in Sex and the City) which they believe will sustain the ratings until the next sweeps period, where they will reunite the beloved couple again.

Why it Shouldn't:

Repetition. This is the writers just going back to the same well for storylines again and again. Yes, we realize there is some realism to it, because we all know real couples that do the constant "get together and break up" cycle. You may recognize these couples as the ones who you constantly want to punch in the face.
Note 'countless soap operas'. :lol: Also, major :guffaw: at the last line. Punch in the face, indeed!

#1. Misleading Editing on the "Next Week On..." Teaser

Major Offenders: Almost every single drama or reality show on television.

These come up mostly on shows that hit a dramatic dry spell during the season, when it's up to the promotional "teaser" clips at the end of the episode to promise big things anyway.

The guys in charge of editing the preview for the next week carefully construct an outright lie about what the episode will be about. They'll dub in dialog where it doesn't belong, they'll use misleading edits to make it appear a main character is in danger. Lost took it to a whole new, silly level when the announcer just started lying to our face ("Next week, the entire secret of the island will be revealed!")

Sometimes you'll even spot a scene or a line in the episode itself that seems to have been filmed specifically to include in the preview, as it winds up being totally pointless and out of place in the episode (look for lines of dialog like, "Guys, this could change everything" followed by absolutely nothing changing).

Why it Works:

They know that we tune in for months at a time waiting for some massive shake-up in the plot, either a major character dying or the answer to a lingering secret. But, that important stuff has to be handed out sparingly, you can't have that shit happening in every episode. So, they keep us tuned in by promising next week will be the episode you can't miss.

There seems to be two ways the producers make it up to us when the actual show fails to live up to the promise of the teaser. Either they replace the fake important scene they teased with a real important scene ("OK, so they didn't reveal the whole secret of the island but Locke got shot so that was pretty cool") or, more likely, they give us an episode of filler that ends with another teaser that promises the next episode will be the one we can't miss. Even though we totally could have missed the one we just saw.

Why it Shouldn't:

What could be worse than the kind of "it could only happen during sweeps" ratings stunt that we've all grown to hate? Falsely promising one and not following through. Every week.

Lost and The Sopranos both saw the law of diminishing returns on this, as audiences basically gave up the idea that anything earth-shattering was ever going to happen. By the time it did, most of us had stopped watching.
Anyways, I've become more and more curious about Adam's upcoming life crisis. Is there any news on that at all?

Ick, Ick, Ick!!! :rolleyes: Fans were force-fed another creepy, distasteful romance (IMO) between 2 major players on another CSI, please don't go in that direction on NY! I'm really hoping that Lindsay isn't carrying Danny's wee one... they need to develop her sans Danny. Of course, if Anna is truly pregnant in RL that changes things, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed... :wtf:

ETA: Faylinn, I LOVE your avatar!!! :)

Last edited:
But, aren't we jumping the gun just a bit here. I mean, this is "just speculations" that Anna is PG rated and that they are going to write it in. No offense to Anna, because I've been asked this alot since having my children, but that could just be a slight bump from needing to firm up her post baby tummy. I have it, I know alot of women who have it. Your body NEVER goes back the way it was pre-baby. And she was pretty flat stomached and small hipped before the baby. By this I mean, remember your entire body changes after kids. So, do we know this is for sure?

I am not so sure that it is. I mean, that would make things too, well, too much like a soap, and I don't think Anthony would go that route, not even to apease the D/L fans (which I am a member of). I like the combo, and I know some of you guys aren't, and that's ok. But, I don't want the show ruined because of relationships, or weither or not there is one.

Now, my CSI magazine that I got Tuesday states that TPTB were leaning to the characters of D/L to have a relationship and that in SD they consumated that relationship. I am not repeating it word for word b/c I can't remember it word for word. But, I guess this is what they like.....Our constant post and debates and speculations. You know they do, that way they can go back to CBS and say..."See, we have loyal viewers".

Anyway, 5 ,more days after today. I am excited.:D

There is a possibility that it might not be Dannys.............or is that just wishful thinking?

There is a possibility that it might not be Dannys.............or is that just wishful thinking?

Well, that is a good question. I mean look at him. Wouldn't you want to procreate with him. I know I would. :drool: But, I wished I could know what the outcomes of the show will be. BTW I like you pic of Carmine;)

But, aren't we jumping the gun just a bit here. I mean, this is "just speculations" that Anna is PG rated and that they are going to write it in. No offense to Anna, because I've been asked this alot since having my children, but that could just be a slight bump from needing to firm up her post baby tummy. I have it, I know alot of women who have it. Your body NEVER goes back the way it was pre-baby. And she was pretty flat stomached and small hipped before the baby. By this I mean, remember your entire body changes after kids. So, do we know this is for sure?

We don't know it's "for sure." We've been going off the spoilers and the 100th episode party pictures where some of us think AB looks pregnant. I think most, if not all, of us are aware we are speculating and talking about how we would feel "if" the pregnancy happens. There have been a lot of spoilers in the past that have either been altered (Flack at the game with Danny in PF) or didn't happen (DL moments in "Boo") so we know there is a possibility the pregnancy won't. But as of now all signs are leading in that direction so that is what we are speculating and commenting about.

Dear Anna,
If you're not pregnant, I'm sorry I said the pictures "clearly show" you are.
Sincerely,
PA

We don't know it's "for sure." We've been going off the spoilers and the 100th episode party pictures where some of us think AB looks pregnant. I think most, if not all, of us are aware we are speculating and talking about how we would feel "if" the pregnancy happens.

Oh, now see when I have looked up those pics all I could find was ones with Melina, Gary, Eddie, Carmine, and other. But I never saw Anna in any of those pics. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place.

^Look in the 100th episode thread, at the pics of the whole cast (the far away ones that show everyone). If you click on it, she's on the left (can't remember who she's next to--maybe Robert Joy?). I think it's pretty clear she's pregnant. She looked pretty small last season after she had the baby; this is different.

Personally, I think the decision was made to write in her pregnancy; I don't see that changing. But, who knows--anything is possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back