CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit I am looking forward to the episode but then I like Mac. But that doesn't mean I don't want to see Flack, Stella Hawkes Sid and Adam. :)

D/L I could do without.

I will be interested to see Flacks sister I just hope they do it justice.

Applejack,thanks fro bringing my question here:)

I`m really curious to see who they cast for that role but I do hope it`s not the stereotypical youngest sister who is the black sheep.
Although,this is NY we`re talking about:rolleyes:

I know what you mean but I am crossing my fingers that they will make an effort..

Haha, I love you LaGuera. :p I don't mind Mac storylines so much because, well, I love me some Sinise. :p But I do agree it would be nice to see him leave for a few episodes or at least take the back burner and let the others be in charge.

Trying to remember things that have been discussed (while being too lazy to go back and quote ;)):

I honestly think it wouldn't be unheard of for the NYPD to work with the Jersey PD a few times a year. If it's just a short drive away, I imagine quite a few criminals could make the trip. Granted, I'd like to see the team work cases in a borough other than Manhattan, but I'll be ridiculously optimistic and hope for both. ;)

I hope they get a good actress to play Melanie, but the show has had a pretty good track record of finding good guest stars (a few clunkers stick out, like that chick from "Child's Play" that shot Ruben--man, she blew).

La_Guera said:
I don't care who he loved or loves or will love, nor do I care about his thoughts on yaoi.

:guffaw: Somebody's been visiting Fandom Wank! I love that place.

LpoHeartsNick said:
Im sick of the Mac episodes. He has 2 facial expressions and Im sick of his drama.

Huh, that's odd. Sure ya didn't mistake Mac for Lindsay? ;)

So ... does anyone know how many episodes of season five has been filmed?

Interesting how there are so many different viewpoints. I personally like Mac the best and I think the best of the three team leaders. (although if they don't watch it and he starts becoming another SuperH, I might get unhappy...and the plane thing is coming a little fast. Perhaps it should have been later in the season?)Though I do want the storylines to be spread out to all the characters because I don't like having one or two chars monoplize everything while others get shoved to the background and barely seen.

I also wonder how many they've filmed, although it'll be sad when the spoilers quit coming for the summer.

._. I'd like to know Mac's thoughts on yaoi. Especially if he makes a o_O' face. :D

I'm guessing they've filmed or are filming 5.02 now, possibly 5.03.

I personally love Mac and Mac episdoes, but I wouldn't mind seeing him away for a few eps and seeing the others have to work without him. Stella makes a fantastic team leader, and would be more than capable of taking over for a few weeks. I'm always up for a bit of Mac Love, as long as it's not with Stella.
But I could definitely do without the D/L drama.:lol:

I'm a huge Mac Fan - he's by far my fave character on the show, and the main reason I started watching/continue watching CSI NY (and the best of the 3 CSI leads, IMO) - but yeah, I would definitely like to see someone else step up that hasn't been featured as much so far, like Hawkes, Flack or Adam. Stella has had a few storylines already, and puh-leeze, no more Danny Drama either (or D/L), :rolleyes: but I'd like to see someone else get a juicy storyline or a good piece of the action.

I like Mac, but understand those of you who have had enough of the "all Mac, all the time" and would like to see some of the other members of the team get some front burner storylines too.

One thing I would like to see come of the being taken hostage by Joe and then being on a hijacked plane, is to see Mac suffer some PTSD and have to take a step back in some way. It would be a perfect opportunity for Stella to step forward as a more senior CSI. Knowing how things go though, I'm sure he'll come through it all as SuperMac and there will be no fall out.

I agree, Snickerdoodle, that would be a good thing. And yes sadly it does sometimes seems like he's taking lessons from Horatio and turning into a SuperH....well not clone, God forbid lol (no offense to any DC/H fans) but like SuperH Jr maytbe.

La Guera :I guess your comment could work for me if you change "Mac" for Daniel Messer"
He is my second fav character after Stella and i never have enough of the two of them
And despite of I enjoy Messer's interaction with Stell and Mac (at the beginning they were like father and son but that relationship was transferred to Mac- Reed relationship) i truly don't care about him
Having a lamp or messer it's the same for me. My sympathy after Ruben's death blew away after he showed how silly and inmature he still is (All in the family)
And, of course, I don't considerer (beyond the fact i do think Carmine made a fantastic job) any storyline about Danny is entertaining (again i did like Child's play). Actually 4.11,4.12 and 4.13 made me yawn, which is bad
I prefer Mac , of course. I don't know why you used the term "Hypocrital" (sp?). Well i guess you are lucky.
It's obvious Mac infuriates you. I wish that luck, when Danny is on my screen i feel nothing.
I think it's a pity because he promised to be a great character.
On the other hand, i feel lucky.
Despite i love Stell more than any other character i think Mac was the most developed. I have seen how he was out of this world because of the grief and with a helpful hand from a dear friend he could get over the pain. He could joined "the world" he missed for 3 years. Later how he learnt to be a single man again. To get used to the idea he needs somebody to love again.
He also had the chance of learning how to be a dad.
Did he make mistakes? Yes. He is human. What i call "Super Mac" is his self-confidence because usually evidence doesn't betray him. Science doesn't. He showed how vulnerable he was. Also he showed he could learn from mistakes when "his dear friend" showed the right path regarding Reed.
One thing i was taugh: you can delegate autorithy but you cannot delegate responsability. Maybe because of his training as a Marine, he seems to be severe but if one of the others CSI makes mistakes he is responsable for that too. That's how it works.
At the bottom of that severe expression you have the sweetest man. A very dressed man by the way :D

i also think all characters need a fair quote of screentime. I don't want to suffer episodes like the ones from Season 2 and some from Season 3
I don't mind Drama Llama anymore (i disliked it before) as long as The Smacked group gets good scenes like we did in Season 4. Still i think that relationship between 2 inmature characters...well...it's a total mistake.
Actually i would like Lindsay could be re written away from Danny. Even Lindsay looks better when she is away from him. I am not convinced by Anna and her acting skills but Lindsay, with some effort and patience and without those annoying monologues might work...some day... I feel she could work with Hawkes.It's promising their relationship.

Just another opinion! :D

Debbie :D

Last edited:
mac has been great imo. but recently it's like we had a little bit too much of him. 333 storyline. hostage. i assume veritas and turbulance as well. but hopefully this season tptb dig in to the other casts' lives, esp. hawkes, adam and sid.

and a bit off topic with this whole mac thing, in wikipedia, it is said that angell will be a "main character" starting season 5? wiki is sometimes unreliable... but...

Ok, I read this somewhere earlier in the thread:
Somebody post that screencap of Carmine from For Love of the Game, like, right now. :drool: :devil:
And I'm always in for making people happy :D

Afbeelding1-6.gif

Drool away, kids :drool:

I'm watching the News...!

Was CSI's filming set affected by the fire in the Universal Studios????????

News guy said CSI sets were damaged!!!!! I need more info please!!!!

Since i'm not American i have not idea where they film beyond the fact it's California

Debbie

Last edited:
Was CSI's filming set affected by the fire in the Universal Studios????????

News guy said CSI sets were damaged!!!!! I need more info please!!!!

I've not seen the news, but I believe that CSI: LV films at Universal Studies. NY doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back