CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed the case he worked alone with Flack in season 2,so have no doubt he does well.But to be fair all of them haven`t had a solocase in a long time.
They either were paired up with ma or Stella or they had to work with each other but never alone,atleast that is what I remember.

Did they actually tell what rank Hawkes is,cause I sometimes get the impression that Danny is higher in rank,but that could also be his attitude.

If Mac and Stella were away, they would so leave Hawkes in charge. if I was them, i'd pick Hawkes over Danny and Lindsay to run the lab.;) The idea of Danny in charge is....scary.

:lol: I agree with that. He is the smartest and the most stable, level headed, reliable and diplomatic of the three of them by a long shot. Hawkes PWNS Danny and Lindsay in the Potential Leader category.

ETA: Wiith Danny, Lindsay and Hawkes, Danny has the most seniority as a CSI. Lindsay would probably be next because she worked as a CSI in Bozeman before moving to NY. Hawkes is at the bottom of the CSI seniority list even though he's been part of the team, as the ME, longer than Lindsay. As far as their level, I assume they are all equal. Danny was up for a promotion in S1 but Mac withdrew his name from the grid after the Minhaus incident. Since then no one's CSI level or grade or whatever it is has been mentioned.

Last edited:
I really hope Danny's promotion is revisited at some point. He's done pretty well since then! But, no, I can't really ever see him running the lab.

I agree that Hawkes would be best running the lab if Stella and Mac were away. Danny's a bit of a hothead sometimes (I love him, but...) and Lindsay tends to be a bit emotional on some cases. Granted I don't think she'd let them get to her the way Sara has let some cases get to her, but they have gotten to her on occasion. Although Flack in charge might be funny, I think even he can be a bit of a hothead too. :)

Kristine has posted a great new interview with Hill Harper. There are a few little spoilers in it, so I thought I'd bring them here. :)

CSI Files: Can you preview anything coming up for Hawkes in the fifth season?

Harper: I can say that one of the central characters has their life put in jeopardy and it affects Hawkes in a real specific way. Presumably all the time with these characters, they work a job that's precarious and their lives are always in jeopardy but in this case it really gets close. But I can't say who! It will be within the first five of the season.

I'm guessing that this might refer to Sid being in danger? I know that one of the spoilers for #502 had Sid being in some sort of trouble...

...Coming up, there's a good chance you'll see Hawkes have a love interest!

CSI Files: Really?

Harper: And I have no evidence to that. I'm just making that general prediction without any evidence. I've never heard that it's going to happen, and I haven't even seen a script that reflects that. But I think it's going to happen! I'm usually pretty good with my predictions.

:lol: Well, why not? Everyone else seems to have got some action.

I definitely thought of Sid being the one he was referring too--it'll be interesting to see that affect Hawkes.

*hugs them both* I want Sid to be okay. :(

And I had to chuckle at him talking about Hawkes getting a love interest. He seems very excited about the possibility. :lol:

OK. I am back. I missed a lot :lol:

Hawkes and a love interest, yes, but I have my reservations on that. We know that TPTB ain't that good with love related storylines, and I don't want them to mess with sweet Hawkes. And I absolutely love the fact that he will get a personal story, something for Hill to prove his acting talents, and I can't hardly wait.

If Sid's in danger, I will be worried because he is SID! He just can't leave! Give him another storyline :lol: But it will be gold to see Hawkes worried for him :D

The Futon Critic has listed the return dates for all 3 CSI's s:

CSI: Miami: Monday 22nd Sep
CSI: New York: Wednesday 24th Sep
CSI: Las Vegas: Thursday 25th Sep

25th September.....thats just over 14 weeks....I can handle that....just!!

I think that the futon critic has listed them as projected dates, which will be based on past seasons.

Didn't someone mention that it might come back earlier than usual, or did I imagine that? eta: I've found it, it was in Peter Lenkov's interview, he said:

We'll start airing [next season] a little earlier.

So I'm hoping for an earlier return. :lol: Not that the end of September is really that far away, but I'm always happy to see new episodes.

Nope, I heard that too, wasn't that in the interview with Peter Lenkov too?

I really hope it does come back earlier, the interview with Hill Harper got me excited! He really does need a love interest! Four seasons of not having any is long enough.

I'd say it could depend on the actors guilds. If they manage to avoid a strike, then TPTB will probably be ahead of themselves with episodes, so they might start airing earlier. If there is a strike and they lose a lot of time over it, the premieres might be pushed back so as not to run out of eps.

I for one hope that Hill is wrong about the "love interest." There is so much potential for Hawkes that doesn't include focusing on romance and it would be a waste to throw it aside for more relationship drivel. Aside from that, it kind of disturbs me that he mentioned getting a "love interest" right after he mentioned calling Lindsay "Montana." :eek: I'm really hoping that was just a coincidence and not forshadowing, because at this point I wouldn't put it past TPTB to go there even though it would be extremely dumb and painful to watch. :rolleyes:

it kind of disturbs me that he mentioned getting a "love interest" right after he mentioned calling Lindsay "Montana." :eek: I'm really hoping that was just a coincidence and not forshadowing, because at this point I wouldn't put it past TPTB to go there even though it would be extremely dumb and painful to watch. :rolleyes:

Not to mention it would be completely redundant. Been there, done that. She's already slept with Danny. If she got together with anyone else in the main cast then this show would be close to turning into another ER where everyone sleeps with everyone else. That is NOT what I want for NY! Not to mention, "Montana" was Danny's special nickname for Lindsay and I don't think it would be right for anyone else to use it in a romantic way. That would kind of be like someone else calling Temperance Brennan "Bones" besides Booth.

i Agree with that. "Montana" will belong to Danny&Lindsay story forever. It must be painful for D/L fans to listen that nickname used by another character.
On the other hand after watching 4.17, i repeat i'd give a chance to Hawkes & Lindsay. I think i could like them together (Please PA don't kill me :D ) I thought about that since i watched RND. I think they could work together as a couple because to me D/L didn't (sorry! just an opinion)

One way or another some fandom will be upset and obvious to say there will be hurt feelings at some point:rolleyes:

Debbie:)

^ I think that's why people quickly got the vibes that Lindsay could become Hawkes' possible love interest in season five. Kristine did ask Hill if it was Lindsay and he said no ... but he also said he hasn't seen any proof in the scripts at the moment that Hawkes will have a love interest and yet, he's so damn sure he'll have one! :lol: My wild guess is that the writers have told him Hawkes will have a love interest in season five and no other information beyond that yet.

So who knows, right now, it's actually very possible Hawkes could become Lindsay's new BFF and TPTB may write him to start having interest in her later on. Of course, that just makes me LOL my head off. :guffaw: TPTB pretty much buried any story plots of Lindsay getting it on with any of her co-workers thanks to what she said to Mac in season four. If she jumped into a relationship with anyone from work, especially Danny, it would make her look really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back