CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm totally agree with you. There are too many people so for me no new caracter. and no more quinn and Jordan.

LOL! i don't need to ask you why Lilou:guffaw: It depends how they write Quinn she could be more likeable to us (smacked fans of course)

In my humblest opinion Stella needs a female buddy. At least they decide to re build the relationship between Stella and Lindsay, they will have to give Stell a new sidekick:confused:

I insist on this, Stell need female advice;);)

Debbie:eek:

I don't think they need to add any more regular characters, but recurring/guest-stars should be a good thing to spice up the storylines, and especially to interact with the existing characters. Someone like Quinn can be in an episode or two and mix it up a bit, but she's not someone who has to have her own storylines or excessive amounts of screentime (win/win if you ask me). The problem with this show in particular is the uneven distribution of screentime among the main cast--if things are rotated more fairly, I don't see why someone like Quinn, Reed, Angell, etc can't be a good thing for the show (meaning it's not like he/she would ALWAYS be taking time away from, say, Hawkes).

If a guest/recurring star takes some time in one or two episodes, that shouldn't be a big deal for characters who are there EVERY week and get screentime EVERY week. *shrug* Maybe that's just me, though. There was a time when people bitched (although I'm sure some still do) that Adam would dare to take screentime away from the CSIs--now not only is he around to stay long-term, but most fans (humor me ;)) love him.

And I'm definitely crossing my fingers for more Quinn. ;)

As for the spoiler about the plane hijacking thingy--I'd assume it means "Turbulence". It would be stupid to have two plane-related storylines that close together.

ETA: In an attempt to clarify why I think guest/recurring characters are A Good Thing, here is a list :p
  • Since they aren't there every week, they aren't consistently 'taking screentime' from anybody.*
  • They don't require a lot of development (at the expense of the core cast).
  • It's nice to see the existing characters interact with someone new--hopefully this leads to interesting dynamics that wouldn't be there among just the main cast.
  • We often bitch about the characters knowing absolutely everything and being able to do absolutely every job--so guest and recurring characters are a chance to perhaps keep the regulars from knowing everything about everything.
  • You never know when a guest or recurring character might add something great to the show--perhaps even something great enough to be worth keeping them around on a more regular basis.
The show doesn't need a gazillion characters, but I wouldn't personally write anybody off automatically just because there's already a nice group there. :p If each of the main characters got a few episodes to shine each season, I don't see any reason to begrudge a guest/recurring character their few minutes on the show. They should rotate who gets stuck on the back burner.

* For example, you can't blame, say, Quinn for Hawkes not having screentime because she's only been in a few episodes and he's there every single week and never seems to get much of anything regardless of whether there are guest/recurring stars there or not.

Last edited:
I agree with you. I watched these clips from youtube and i didn't find Quinn take screentime from any other character. Maybe my previous dislike on her was based on that she could be a potencial "love interest" for Mac. Same it applies to Jordan. After i got those clips i say she could be interesting, still annoying but interesting. Always as a CSI Supervisor, never in the romantic land issue.
And i still i don't understand Jordan. The actress who portrays Jordan will be 5 episodes away filming Heroes so i guess we will see more of Quinn and no Jordan for a while.
And i do want producers andd writers could balance the screentime for all characters. Stella has good screntime in Season 4 but only one HUGE episode.
And i'd love more than just one episode for her in Season 5

Debbie :D

That baseball game the CSIs will play in an episode ... heh, who wants to bet Carmine will go totally nuts about that in an interview if he's asked about it? :lol:

Will Danny be wearing nice, tight baseball pants? O.O

*cough* How will Flack concentrate and not get beaned on the side of the head by the ball? *cough* :devil:

Last edited:
Question: Any word on whether Michaela McManus (Lindsey) is returning to One Tree Hill next season? — Sam
Ausiello: Based on the finale, I'd say there's a 33.333333 percent shot, right? Truth be told, no final decision has been made yet. Wisely, McManus isn't twiddling her thumbs waiting for producers to decide her fate. The up-and-comer has booked a juicy guest stint on CSI: NY to air next fall. She'll play a flight attendant who gets caught up in a hijack scheme and ends up helping Mac.

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx?rssDate=05282008

I love her! I'm excited to see this!
Ooooh, sounds interesting. It will be intersting to see how Mac reacts to a 'hijack' situation in light of the fact that Claire died on 9/11. It might not be a 'terrorist' thing, but he's not going to react well to anything reminiscent of the 9/11 attacks. Pissy Mac is always fun and hot to watch. As always, I'm happy to see Mac interacting with people/women outside of the team. And Stella too with the fireman (I prefer Mac and Stella as friends) and Flack with his lil sis. It shows that though they're family, they do have 'real' family and/or friendships outside of that.

Hehe, I like the idea of Danny in tight baseball pants :)drool:) and Flack getting distracted and hit by accident with a ball.:lol:
No doubt Stella will be distracting every other guy on the teams by wearing a low cut t-shirt of some sort.:lol: Maybe in a bid for a home run, she'll actually 'pop out'.:lol: Flack won't notice though 'cause he'll be gawping at Danny - like this :eek::drool:

I hope we do get Jordan back next season at some point, I like her interaction with Mac.:bolian:

Question: Any word on whether Michaela McManus (Lindsey) is returning to One Tree Hill next season? — Sam
Ausiello: Based on the finale, I'd say there's a 33.333333 percent shot, right? Truth be told, no final decision has been made yet. Wisely, McManus isn't twiddling her thumbs waiting for producers to decide her fate. The up-and-comer has booked a juicy guest stint on CSI: NY to air next fall. She'll play a flight attendant who gets caught up in a hijack scheme and ends up helping Mac.

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx?rssDate=05282008

I love her! I'm excited to see this!
Ooooh, sounds interesting. It will be intersting to see how Mac reacts to a 'hijack' situation in light of the fact that Claire died on 9/11. It might not be a 'terrorist' thing, but he's not going to react well to anything reminiscent of the 9/11 attacks. Pissy Mac is always fun and hot to watch. As always, I'm happy to see Mac interacting with people/women outside of the team. And Stella too with the fireman (I prefer Mac and Stella as friends) and Flack with his lil sis. It shows that though they're family, they do have 'real' family and/or friendships outside of that.

Hehe, I like the idea of Danny in tight baseball pants :)drool:) and Flack getting distracted and hit by accident with a ball.:lol:
No doubt Stella will be distracting every other guy on the teams by wearing a low cut t-shirt of some sort.:lol: Maybe in a bid for a home run, she'll actually 'pop out'.:lol: Flack won't notice though 'cause he'll be gawping at Danny - like this :eek::drool:

I hope we do get Jordan back next season at some point, I like her interaction with Mac.:bolian:

I don't think they need to add any more regular characters, but recurring/guest-stars should be a good thing to spice up the storylines, and especially to interact with the existing characters. Someone like Quinn can be in an episode or two and mix it up a bit, but she's not someone who has to have her own storylines or excessive amounts of screentime (win/win if you ask me). The problem with this show in particular is the uneven distribution of screentime among the main cast--if things are rotated more fairly, I don't see why someone like Quinn, Reed, Angell, etc can't be a good thing for the show (meaning it's not like he/she would ALWAYS be taking time away from, say, Hawkes).

If a guest/recurring star takes some time in one or two episodes, that shouldn't be a big deal for characters who are there EVERY week and get screentime EVERY week. *shrug* Maybe that's just me, though. There was a time when people bitched (although I'm sure some still do) that Adam would dare to take screentime away from the CSIs--now not only is he around to stay long-term, but most fans (humor me ;)) love him.

And I'm definitely crossing my fingers for more Quinn. ;)

As for the spoiler about the plane hijacking thingy--I'd assume it means "Turbulence". It would be stupid to have two plane-related storylines that close together.

ETA: In an attempt to clarify why I think guest/recurring characters are A Good Thing, here is a list :p
  • Since they aren't there every week, they aren't consistently 'taking screentime' from anybody.*
  • It's nice to see the existing characters interact with someone new--hopefully this leads to interesting dynamics that wouldn't be there among just the main cast.
  • We often bitch about the characters knowing absolutely everything and being able to do absolutely every job--so guest and recurring characters are a chance to perhaps keep the regulars from knowing everything about everything.
  • You never know when a guest or recurring character might add something great to the show--perhaps even something great enough to be worth keeping them around on a more regular basis.
The show doesn't need a gazillion characters, but I wouldn't personally write anybody off automatically just because there's already a nice group there. :p If each of the main characters got a few episodes to shine each season, I don't see any reason to begrudge a guest/recurring character their few minutes on the show. They should rotate who gets stuck on the back burner.

* For example, you can't blame, say, Quinn for Hawkes not having screentime because she's only been in a few episodes and he's there every single week and never seems to get much of anything regardless of whether there are guest/recurring stars there or not.

If there will be a regular/guest I think Jordan will be more logicall. She works in the city and her jobs is bound with csi job. But for Quinn she workes in other city. If she will be appear in three or more episode /saison. there will be a bound with New Jersey and I will find this very strnge that suddently they have many case bound with this city.
And just question I french so I didn't well understand why it's Jordan who evaluat the team then she's a New Jersey police member. The New York city don't have enough employee for have an evaluate group for her city team. The team did must evaluate by the internal business. Did they have explain why it's quinn or not? But I found this very strange and not ligicall. But maybe I don't understand the explain.

Originally posted by Faylinn

ETA: In an attempt to clarify why I think guest/recurring characters are A Good Thing, here is a list
tongue.gif

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, and I don't have a problem with the concept of recurring characters in general. However, I do sometimes get annoyed with how they are used in this and other series. If a character shows up more than just once or twice a season and tends to interact only with Mac and/or Stella, I think that does potentially impact the time and opportunities available to develop other characters.

And I admit to having a pet peeve about recurring love interests -- at times, writers just seem to have a tough time finding the right balance for them. In order for the audience to care about these characters (and the relationships), the writers have to spend adequate time fleshing them out...and to flesh them out, the characters typically have to show up more than once or twice a season...which may or may not impact screen time for someone like Hawkes.

Originally posted by lilou
If there will be a regular/guest I think Jordan will be more logicall. She works in the city and her jobs is bound with csi job. But for Quinn she workes in other city. If she will be appear in three or more episode /saison. there will be a bound with New Jersey and I will find this very strnge that suddently they have many case bound with this city.
Of the two women, I actually think Quinn has the most potential. At least her job as a CSI allows her to potentially contribute to solving cases and interacting with different members of the team beyond Mac. By contrast, Jordan is in more of a communication / liasion role, which means she typically would interact more with Mac, and I see more limitations on how they might involve her in cases. I do see your point, though, it will seem rather contrived if there are more than one or two cases a season requiring some overlap between the New York and New Jersey crime labs.

I am looking forward to meeting Flack's sister in season 5. And the airplane episode sounds interesting. I always like those types of cases where the crime scene and suspects are all together with no place to go until the case is solved.

Applejack,thanks fro bringing my question here:)

I`m really curious to see who they cast for that role but I do hope it`s not the stereotypical youngest sister who is the black sheep.
Although,this is NY we`re talking about:rolleyes:

A recent interview with NY writer, Pam Veasey, revealed that Mac is going to be on a hijacked plane in episode 503, a scant two episodes after being bludgeoned by a robber in the season premiere. I would show you my unbridled joy and feckless credulity at that revelation, but alas and alack, they swirled down the eager-throated maw of my porcelain god, along with the well-digested remnants of last night's dinner. How predictable and boring. If it weren't for the writers' disturbing obsession with Danny's dingle and who's clicking his joystick, one might begin to suspect that CSI:NY was subtitled The Mac Taylor Hour.

I've never been fond of Mac. I've always found him smarmy, hypocritical, and self-righteous, but after three unrelenting seasons of all Mac, all the time, dislike is rapidly spiraling toward abject loathing. Enough of Farmer Mac and his healthy herd of Drama Llamas. I don't care who he loved or loves or will love, nor do I care about his thoughts on yaoi. I don't care who he busts or who he saves. I just don't. You know what I think of when I think of Mac Taylor? I envision Mahatma Ghandi recalling his jiva from its eternal bliss, digging himself out of his grave, renouncing his vow of non-violence, and beating the shit out of Mac while screaming, "Shut the fuck up, you arrogant tool!" Mac needs to go the hell away for a few episodes, but since that isn't possible, he should recede into the background and let others develop. But that wouldn't bring OMG Teh Drama, so it'll never happen.

Oh, CSI:NY, you suck so very, very hard.

A recent interview with NY writer, Pam Veasey, revealed that Mac is going to be on a hijacked plane in episode 503, a scant two episodes after being bludgeoned by a robber in the season premiere. I would show you my unbridled joy and feckless credulity at that revelation, but alas and alack, they swirled down the eager-throated maw of my porcelain god, along with the well-digested remnants of last night's dinner. How predictable and boring. If it weren't for the writers' disturbing obsession with Danny's dingle and who's clicking his joystick, one might begin to suspect that CSI:NY was subtitled The Mac Taylor Hour.

I've never been fond of Mac. I've always found him smarmy, hypocritical, and self-righteous, but after three unrelenting seasons of all Mac, all the time, dislike is rapidly spiraling toward abject loathing. Enough of Farmer Mac and his healthy herd of Drama Llamas. I don't care who he loved or loves or will love, nor do I care about his thoughts on yaoi. I don't care who he busts or who he saves. I just don't. You know what I think of when I think of Mac Taylor? I envision Mahatma Ghandi recalling his jiva from its eternal bliss, digging himself out of his grave, renouncing his vow of non-violence, and beating the shit out of Mac while screaming, "Shut the fuck up, you arrogant tool!" Mac needs to go the hell away for a few episodes, but since that isn't possible, he should recede into the background and let others develop. But that wouldn't bring OMG Teh Drama, so it'll never happen.

*applause* You always manage to express how you feel in such an ironic manner, that I laugh out loud. I agree 100% with you. I never liked Mac either, and I do understand that he is the main character, but enough is enough. After reading the spoilers for the plane episode, I thought that in 501 he was almost crawling (according to the spoilers). If that's not SuperMac making a comeback, I don't know what is.

It sucks, but we still love it :D

*applause* You always manage to express how you feel in such an ironic manner, that I laugh out loud. I agree 100% with you. I never liked Mac either, and I do understand that he is the main character, but enough is enough. After reading the spoilers for the plane episode, I thought that in 501 he was almost crawling (according to the spoilers). If that's not SuperMac making a comeback, I don't know what is.

It sucks, but we still love it :D

Im sick of the Mac episodes. He has 2 facial expressions and Im sick of his drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back