CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Heeeeelloooooooooooo, bubblebutt! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Dear TPTB,

Since you are more than happy to show us Carmine/Danny skin, please to be making sure all he wears in the upcoming baseball game scene in season five is the above tighty-whitey striped pants.

Or better yet, nothing at all.

Thank you.

Here's
    the first article I came upon via Google, and the following is an excerpt from it:

A large fire on Sunday at Universal Studios has destroyed several movie sets while spewing a columns of smoke over Hollywood.

Two mock New York and New England streets used for movie making and tourist displays were "a total loss," he said.

Many famous films such as Psycho, ET and Jurassic Park have used the studios. It's also the setting for shows such as Desperate Housewives, Scrubs and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

2. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

^^ ouch. I heard about that fire. As far as I know, CSI:NY doesnt film on the Universal Studios Backlot, CSI: Vegas, films there, but as far as I know, NY has a different lot they film on.

Thanks for that info guys - I vote for the tightey whitey b-ball pants too. :)

3. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Thanks you so much Elsie. You are always so kind to answer my questions

Thank you again:bolian:

I hope damage won't be so huge. i wonder if they are filming beforehand as CSI NY cast is:confused:

Debbie:eek:

ps: Thanks to you too Kimmy!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*spanks Carmine* Nice. :devil:

Uh, that's news to me--if she's going to be a main character, it's odd that we didn't see any mention of her in the first four episodes. I'd personally take that with a grain of salt at this point. You never know, I suppose. *shrug*

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

:lol: That's awesome. I get that Mac is the main character and all, but putting him on a hijacked plane 3 episodes after putting him in a bank hostage situation is overkill.

Why can't it be Hawkes on the plane? That would be an awesome chance to give Hill an opportunity to shine, and to have an episode that really focuses on Hawkes. I'd love to see that.

Or Danny, but then, I'm partial to Danny. :p ;)

On the topic of the fire, I did hear it damaged the "New York street" area of Universal. Though NY does film on a different lot, I bet they've been over to Universal to film there at some point. I know they've filmed at Warner Brothers before. Hopefully the Las Vegas sets weren't damaged. :(

6. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I would love to see a Hawkes storyline which does not involve a half-naked or angsty Danny (nice as both of those things are:drool:) I like Danny drama (the man does do angst well) but I'd like a break from it, unless it's Louie related. ;) And definitely no more D/L. I think Stella's had some good storylines too, and would really like to see Mac, Stella and Danny take the back burner for an ep or two, and Hawkes Flack, or Adam to be the focus of a story.

I'm exactly like you MB when it comes to Mac - he's by far my fave character on the show, and the main reason I watch it. But I do like the other characters too (even Lindsay, if she would be more like she was in s2 and AB would fire her latest hairdresser and the writers would stop with the D/L stuff and the frigging Montana references) and enjoy when they get storylines and think they really do deserve more screen time. Personally, while I agree Mac gets a lot of focus, I don't think he has too much. Mac, and Stella and Danny do get the lion's share of stories which is to be expected as they're the first 3 in the credits. There are also episodes which are low on character development for all the characters and focus more on the crimes - for instance episodes like Time's Up or Playing with Matches and others from other seasons - and there are episodes which are wonderful character centric eps for characters other than Mac- All in the Family and Child's Play for Danny, for example. Personally, I don't think NY is 'all Mac all the time' (that's just what's in my mind, hehe;)). I do think Hawkes, Flack and Adam are underused, but I don't think that's just because of Mac.
    Out of all 3 shows, NY is the best at doing character-focused storylines and is the most character-driven of the 3 shows, IMO. Vegas is generally more about the science, and Miami....well, Miami is Miami.:lol:
    I'll shut up and go away now.:lol: See, this is what happens when I get no Internet access for 2 days!

7. Faylinn

How awesome would it be if Hawkes worked a case alone and it was just him working with Flack and Adam? Bonus points if it's a quirky, complex and overall intriguing and amusing case.

Everybody else would work a straightforward case that week. :p

I wants it. I wants it now. ;)

8. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

I'd like to see Hawkes take charge of a case, instead of simply being in the background as he has been a lot recently. He's not just the rookie anymore, surely a promotion of some sort is overdue?

Also, I'd like to see Sid promoted to the titles!

9. brttmclv

brttmclv Victim

Yes, I'd love to see Hawkes take a little more of the light. He's so smart it's rediculous. And Sid, I've always loved Sid. He has this weird eery thing going on...Like when him and Mac were in autopsy and he started going on about how he dreamed about being autopsied. Yeah, creepy but you gotta love him...lol.

10. Faylinn

Sid is awesome. :p Maybe in my fantasy Hawkes-doing-a-case-alone episode, he drags Adam down to the morgue with him to collect evidence and Adam stands around like o_O while Hawkes and Sid geek out. :p

[/dork]

11. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Man, when I saw the one where Hawkes meets with someone named Greg- I was so praying that maybe Greg Sanders would cross over:drool:

12. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Faylinn, your Fantasy Storyline idea definitely needs to be set into action! (Ahem...writers, from Faylinn's keyboards to your ears!) :thumbsup:

Serioiusly, can you imagine Hawkes being the Main CSI on a big case (and having the focus actually stay on him for a good portion of the eppy), Mac/Stella can be away on a conference, leaving Hawkes to interact mainly with Adam and Sid... :lol: Aaaah, what a Wet Dream that would be!

13. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Well in Officer Blue, Mac let Aidan work a case solo and she was the youngest and presumably newest member of the team. C'mon, TPTB, you KNOW Hawkes is a big boy now and deserves his own case.

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I definitely agree about Hawkes. I'm glad that we will be getting some background information and learning a bit more about him in #504, but I would absolutely love for him to have more to do this season. He could without doubt work a case solo and it would be so great to see that happen. :)

15. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

If Mac and Stella were away, they would so leave Hawkes in charge. if I was them, i'd pick Hawkes over Danny and Lindsay to run the lab.;) The idea of Danny in charge is....scary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.