Your Parents are annyoying when........

I hate when my mom hears about like something bad about teenagers in the news. Like a drunk driving accident, pregnancy, stupidity, stealing, drugs, etc. Than she decides it's time for a "heart to heart", AKA her telling me never to be so stupid.

When they try to beat around the bush about something. When I do bad things, like super bad, and they try to subtly tell you, instead of just straight out saying it.

They wanna control your life but than again they keep yelling at you they want you to get the f*ck out of the house cause they no longer want me living with them.

They will never let me go to the UK so I am actually in some sort of trouble cause going to the UK is all I want. I am 22 goddamnit! Why bother to hold me back so much?!

When they totally talk about you with the lady who cuts their hair! c'mon talk about your own lives and stop blabbing about mine!

they get married after your mother had an affair and moved out, only to return a few months later and another couple months later they inform you about geting married. Grow up!

they bug you about not knowing enough about your life and college, even though you've told them about the outcome of finals, only they didn't listen because they were too busy planning their wedding.

When my mom decides to clean the living room, bathroom, and my room without my knowledge, thusly moving everything that I had placed in certain places so I would know where they were the next time I needed it.

cainesugar said:
When they yell at you and then you prove to them you didn't do whatever it was and they just get all grumpy.

I don't have parents they died 8 and 9 years ago but I lived a few years with these friends of my parents. Anyway they're really really strict. They can't stand the fact that I NEVER (I've felt like a guest in their house for a decade) do anything wrong. So they start making things up like "you just walked past a piece of trash on the ground!" or something stupid like that. When I protest they say "We're the adults and you're the child and you have NO RIGHT to argue with us. We're right and you are wrong. Every time." The problem is that I'm really tidy and polite and helpful to them all the time. I never missed curfew, not even once, by so much as a minute. I did all of my homework and got good grades and didn't do drugs or speed in my car or go out with kids I knew they didn't like. I didn't date until they said I was old enough. Honeslty I was a "good kid" not to toot my own horn.

I hate it when "step" parents make up things you did wrong just because "you don't get in trouble enough and it's not good for a teenager never to get punished."

When they tell me I can't stay with my brother for the weekend. He's MY BROTHER.

When they treat me like a child even though I'm twenty years old, just because I still respect their house rules when I'm there.

When they try to tell me that I can't do something (like have a dinner party) at MY HOUSE which is 3 1/2 hours away from theirs. I moved this far away for good reason.

When they tell me that they don't want me using a certain closet in MY HOUSE (the house is mine I payed for it it's in my family's name not theirs) because they want to have something here that I'm not allowed to touch.

When they forget their own kids' birthday's and/or ages and then threaten me when I remind them. IE. They forgot how old Claire was for her birthday on July 6th. I had to remind them that she was turning 12. They got SO mad at me for "not minding my own business."

When they boast to their friends that "they raised a good kid" and you're like "I was thirteen when I met you, I was done" and their kids are getting kicked out of school for fighting, threatening teachers, and being involved in a 'drug ring' at the age of thirteen. When their kids are being kicked out of chain stores like walmart for shoplifting at ten. Yet they still boast about you until you're in private then they tell you "you're lazy, ingreatful, stupid, selfish, and totally irresponsible."

I could go on... my parents were awesome. My "step" parents are pretty much... control freaks.

...When they side with your little sister after you've done nothing wrong and she's blaming her problems on you.
...When I'm on the computer doing RESEARCH and my mother says I'm on too much.
...When they call you just to say "House is on!"

Love you to death, mom and dad, but.. I don't like House, and I'm actually doing the RIGHT thing for once in my life.

When I'm in the shower and my mom decides it's the right time to do the laundry. Thanks for thinking that I need my tank tops for the heat but I really don't need the sudden blast of clod water on my face.

Back