You Talk Funny!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BittenByTheWolfe, Feb 21, 2005.

1. TTHipFreak

TTHipFreak Coroner

I have a terrible habit of using foul language. *I could outswear a sailor* Helping in Sparks and Guides units, I have to bite my tongue. ... A lot. My nieces and nephews, have no idea of my fondness. So, if any of you can speak in a different language, could you PM me with all the translations of the swear words. :)

Back in high school, some friends taught me the words in Polish, Russian, and Arabic. I can't for the life of me remember them now. :(

I'd appreciate any assistance. :devil:

2. Gregies_Lady27

Gregies_Lady27 Pathologist

Haha im a potty mouth too! haha i dont talk funny but i do bite my tounge alot...dont know when but i do haha! my friend mikie says Princel for pretzel...and Soory for sorry...shes virginian...or however u spell it.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

my friend nicole says certic-a-fit instead of certificate

4. ineverysunflower

ineverysunflower Coroner

i used to live in NY so i had the new york accent and when i moved to seattle everyone said i talked funny! but now i dont really have any accent but when i get mad you can hear some of the new yorker in me come out

5. Catherinesmyidol

Catherinesmyidol Coroner

I don't have an accent (That I know of!) but I love doing a British imatation. It's awesome and people are like "You're from the UK?" I just laugh. But I got started on the accent after watching the Harry Potter movies... *Giggles* Alohamora!

6. awesomeredhead

awesomeredhead CSI Level Two

:lol: @ normal. I'm from Georgia too and I just have to say that we sound nothing like the people from "Gone With The Wind" or the new Dukes of Hazzard movie. OMG. The southern accents in the new DoH movie are SOOOO horrible and fake. Georgians sound NOTHING like that!

There are a lot of people here that have strong southern accents. People in Florida call it "that Georgia drawl". I can turn it on and off, depending on who I'm talking with. But most of the time, I don't have a Southern accent. People ask me all the time where I'm from. But I can't complain. I don't really want a Southern accent anyway. :lol:

7. samanarkCSI

samanarkCSI Pathologist

I guess I have a Southern Californian accent...whatever that may be. No, it's not a valley girl accent or anything like that. I just speak how I was taught to form words, and I speak with the complexity that my intelligence allows me...I can't really explain it any other way...
    If only we could speak to eachother...then we could evaluate each-other's speech :lol:

8. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

You're not weird! When I speak with my friends in college who are from overseas, I speak perfect English too. But when I speak to my Malaysian friends, the 'lah' and all that will slip in. I guess it depends on the people we're with.

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I swear a lot do. Tho in this country...it's kind common. I mean, there are these "new" popular words but I just prefer those old, strong ones :lol:

10. TTHipFreak

TTHipFreak Coroner

The old standbys are so much better. :lol:

11. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

I swear a lot too. I have since I was in elementary school.

12. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

:lol: You mean like southern of southern Ireland? Cuz the last Irish accent I wish for is the Cork accent.. "could ya pass mah da fark, bay?" <- ok, so writing the way it is pronounced is difficult.. I wish Donegal, Galway or Dublin..

13. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Nope, I actually meant South of the 'border' that more or less no longer exists - as in non-Northern Ireland. I'm fond of the Monaghan, Dublin, Galway and Wicklow accents - I can't understand people from Cork most of the time!

14. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I totally agree. I hate the way they depict all Georgians as the 'hillbilly type'. Sure I'm aware and proud of my heritage but that doesn't mean I am/or sound like someone who doesn't know a verb from a noun.

15. awesomeredhead

awesomeredhead CSI Level Two

Totally agreed! That's why I'm glad I don't have a Southern accent. When people from other parts of the country hear a Southern accent, they automatically think you're a "hillbilly" or that you're stupid. I've heard people from up north and out west actually start SPEAKING SLOWER to someone with a Southern accent. It pissed me off.