You Talk Funny!

Is there anywhere I could hear that? (I have no idea what a Finnish person sounds like.)

I'm told I can do a really good imitation of a British accent. I think mine's a bit too heavy though. Oh gosh, there was this guy at my school last year from Austrailia and his accent was just so hot to listen to, lol. Just imagine, this tall 16 year old Austrailian surfer dude explaining to you how to solve systems of equations. *sigh* He was a great math tutor...

Hehehe, when I was two I could speak fluent tagalog, but I forgot. There's this Thai lady that lives next door and she always gives out free food and stuff to us and half the time I can't understand her. She's cool though.

I have been told that I have a slight Texan accent, by some (those that do not know me), but I am accentless, as I live and was raised in the midwestern United States, Kansas to be exact.

Those of you who said you were accentless...that's impossible. Accents are the difference between how sounds (primarily vowel sounds) are pronounced. Unless you don't pronounce anything, you have an accent to someone.

I don't have an accent. At least i don't think that i do. Funny thing how when you hear your voice on a cassete tape or something you think, "that doesn't sound like me!" ;)

Posted by keiko:
Well.. yeah..... finnish people aren't very famous for their english ;)

^:lol: Uh oh, perhaps because our language isn't anything like other languages in Western Europe, because it's not Germanic language :p Not ma fault. I just hate English pronouncing.
Even Swedish is easy with that.
At least we speak it (English), unlike middle, and southern europeans who always want to speak their own language :|

Nah, alot of swedish people who speaks english sounds really funny. it sounds like they have a gun to their head, they really don't want to speak it, but they have to so they just force themselves :lol:

Posted by PaintMeInLatex:
I sound like a guy, I swear. ALTOS RULE! :lol:

My friend complains because she's an alto in my choir but I can still get lower then her even though I'm a soprano!

BTW all those who said they were accentless, probably have a strong one to me compared with my London one :p since I would say that I'm accentless aswell but obviously it wouldn't be like that the other people!!

Back