You Know You Watch Too Much CSI:LV When ...

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by love_fan, Sep 2, 2008.

1. lal

lal Pathologist

I have done that as well :lol:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

You know you watch too much CSI: Vegas when:

While watching the game show "Chain Reaction" and part of the chain is

Blue
    Ha------
    Punch

You immediately shout out in the middle of your living room "It's Hawaiian! Blue Hawaiian, like Greg's coffee!" :lol:

3. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

You know you watch CSI too much when ...

You ditch your friends for a week just to watch the first three and the fifth seasons on dvd, which you borrowed from your best friend.

When everything can be related to an episode. Such as something that a friend says and then you go on and on about the episode even though they're constantly telling you to shut up.

When your friend hates CSI so much because of you talking about it that he finds a picture of Grissom as a nazi and puts it as his MSN display picture.

When you're about to say something related to CSI but stop midsentence because your friend will freak out that you are once again going on about CSI but then he gets curious so you tell him and he freaks just like you knew he would.

When you go online trying to find out if there actually is Blue Hawaiian coffee so you can get some even though you hate coffee.

When you have debates with your mother about Nick and Greg's sexuality and are backing it up with scenes and pictures.

All from personal experience.

4. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

When you swear up and down that you're going to name your first child --- Hojem --- and see nothing wrong with that.

When you cry over the loss of your pet fish "Gil Grissom" "Sara Sidle" "Catherine Willows" "Jim Brass" "Warrick Brown" "Nick Stokes" "Gregory Hojem Sanders" etc. because the thought of losing one of your CSIs/Techs is too much to bare.

When your friends were *seriously* worried about you after Warrick died because you were "in mourning" for an entire summer.

When you tell anyone who asks when your birthday is that "it's the tenth of December and that's the day before Gary Dourdan's-- but like twenty years later."

When you stop what you're doing to check Spike TV for an episode of CSI and can tell anyone in the room with you which episode it is. And not by simply saying "This is the one where we find out Warrick's getting divorced." No, you say "A La Cart. Season eight, episode two. You find out Warrick's getting divorced AND Greg used to date goth chicks." And not ONLY do your friends/family expect this from you they also worry briefly that you're considering becoming goth to get Greg's attention.

When you *hated* the Taylor Swift episode simply because you've known for almost ten years that Nick's birthda is a day away from Grissom's--and almost exactly a month, to the year, before Sara's. Not some time in like March.

When you watch shows like Law & Order and think that it would be *so* much easier if they just gave Grissom a call and had him solve the case.

When you say "I've never met any important celebrities" and mean it, because you've never met a CSI star. Even though you're pen pals with Traci Thoms and have ridden a Ferris Wheel with Bruce Springsteen.

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

When you watch an episode of The Shield and see a cop and think, I know this guy. Then two episodes later you realize he was the cop who talked to Greg during a stake-out in Compulsion. Or at least he looked a lot like him ...

And, also The Shield related, when a guy plants a gun and you think, Grissom would never fall for that .

6. Marril96

Marril96 Police Officer

You know you watch too much CSI:Las Vegas when...

I saw a thread like this for Miami, so I thought of making one. These are really interesting if you ask me. I really hope this is okay with everyone :)

So, I'll start. You know you watch too much CSI:Las Vegas when..:
    - you are a tall, black haired Japanese woman who works with Greg on murder case. The two of you go to the roof and do "adult things" and then you wake up with a big smile on your face :D
    - you watch the show and start telling characters how to do their job
    - after watching an episode, you start to use the "big words" when talking about products/organisms/etc
    - when bored at school, you doodle DNA spiral in your notebook just because you watched an episode with Greg still working in DNA lab
    - the only thing that can calm you down when you're laughing out loud at school and you can't stop is the thought of Greg being in hospital in Fannysmackin'
    - you download Greg's picture on your phone and kiss the screan before going to bed(I was 12 :))
    - you start to compare the CSi characters with people you know and your friends and you find lots of similarities
    - when you realize how much your crush and Greg are alike :adore:

Your turn now :thumbsup:

7. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

Re: You know you watch too much CSI:Las Vegas when...

-when you start pronouncing words in a Wisconsin accent without realising you're doing it. And you're British.

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

There is a thread called You Know You Watch Too Much CSI:LV When ... that ran from September 2008 to July 2009. Since it is still open, it is up to the moderators to decide which to keep running.

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I will go ahead and merge them. :)

10. Marril96

Marril96 Police Officer

I'm so sorry, I didn't see it :(

Anyway, another one. You know you watch too much CSI:LV when you know everything about chemistry while watching it, but in school you barely get a D (sad, but true :()

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Not a problem at all. :) You wouldn't have seen it anywhere because it was so old. Unless you knew it was there and how to look. :)

Okay, so I know I watch too much CSI LV when I'm at work emailing back and forth with a friend about the season finale and how worried I am about who might get hurt or killed and she finally writes back, "Smokey, you know it's not real, don't you?"

:lol:

12. Marril96

Marril96 Police Officer

:)

- you so desperately want to see Fannysmackin' for the first time because you heard it's good, couple of weeks before you convince your mom to go to the summer vacation later so you can watch it at home. Then you realize that because it's summer, CSI is going on tv amost every day and you watch the wanted episode three weeks before going on vacation
    - you want to cut your hair to have a hairstyle Greg had in episode Iced (I swear, I'll do it, just not that short :D)
    - you feel uncomfortable when touching other people because their DNA might end up on you
    - you watch the episode where the lab exploded and Greg got hurt, you scream out loud and then blush the next day when mom teases you about it :scream:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

When you see a wierd or funny crime on the news and say "That should be in a CSI episode", "Where are the CSI writers", "Sounds like something from a CSI episode"

When you see a spider and call it Tobey(Tobey McGuire), Grissom, or Lil' Stevie (Griss' spider)

You watch the music video of Tim McGraw's and Faith Hill's song Let's Make Love and think of GSR because the video was shot in Paris, or watch an episode of House Hunters Int. that's in Paris and thnk of GSR

You see an actress/actor on tv somewhere (not on CSI) and think 'I've seen that person before' and think 'probably played a dead body or something on CSI'

that's all I can think of at the moment, but I imagine I have more

14. Marril96

Marril96 Police Officer

- you have a sudden interest in Marilyn Manson's music
    - you go to your friend's house only to watch CSI and then you get late for church even though you are standing in front of it because you're in love with Greg and thinking about him while listening to Rihanna''s Umbrella on your phone
    - you convince your dad to buy you a satellite antenna so you can watch CSI on the other program
    - you save money and then together with your dad buy a new DVD player in hope to tape epps from the program mentioned above, only to find that it's not possible to tape from that program :scream: (at least I have a new DVD player :))
    - you go crazy when you lose signal for the said program and think you're a fool because your dad spent money for nothing when you can't watch a show anymore :(
    - you start to argue with your friend(who is also in love with Greg) which picture of him is prettier to show your third friend, who looks at you two confused
    - you're not in love with Greg anymore and say something bad about him to your friend who still is only to provoke her, which ends up with you two cannot stand each other for the next couple of days. Now we together laugh at it XD
    - your teacher allows you to sign yourselves with codes instead of names on the test, you use Eric Szmanda's birth date (so guilty. My friend gave me weird looks :D)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  15. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

You hear the song I Will Remember by Sarah McLachlin (spelling?) and think of the Goodbye and Goodluck promo that you only saw once (I only had dial up then) during the Without A Trace Crossover, how wierd am I to remember something like that??

You watch CSI promos on Youtube from episodes that are years old, I just watched the one from when CSI was coming back from the Writers Strike a few years ago

Your going to a family dinner at tell your parents "Ok but we gotta be home before 9, I have a very important date" and they roll their eyes knowing your taking about CSI