World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The World Cup and Other Football Stuff

defiantDittohead said:
EuroCup - weird name :p, yay cant wait for that in Austria/Switzerland.

I think I'm more excited than you. :p
I definatly want to visit a match or two. The final in Vienna would be great, but it's hard to get tickets.

This is the first Euro with Austria. :lol:
I hope that the atmosphere will be as great as in Germany but personally I doubt it. The stadiums are smaller (average 30.000 people, the stadium in Vienna is bigger).
I think that Austria will be eliminated early.
Some cities are expensive (Salzburg!!!).

god, I'm always so negative.... :(

WC 06: FIFA voted for Zidane as best player at WC!!! :)

We have a sucky group: England and Russia, and everyone else can make a difference. Especially, when I remember the debacle on the EuroCup 2004 against England...I don't remember when they have looked so lost on the field.

Groups B and F are the toughest ones.

As for the WC '06...it's funny how Trezeguet was the one who missed the penalty, since he was the one who who struck the golden goal when the sides met in the final of EuroCup 2000. I guess that's karma.

And along with Cannavaro, Pirlo was the one who surprised me the most. He was so calm, and he played great. And Fabio Grosso. The man of the moment. :D

By the way, there's a video of some of the "best moments" of Materazzi in italian football. He is famous by his "soft" side.
Check it here. .

inge said:
WC 06: FIFA voted for Zidane as best player at WC!!! :)

I was surprised by that! I thought for sure Cannavaro would win, but Zidane beat him by 35 votes. I guess it's consolation for what Zidane did in the final? But I still think Cannavaro was the best player of the tournament.

France captain Zinedine Zidane won the FIFA Golden Ball award as the outstanding player of the World Cup despite being sent off in their final penalties shootout defeat by Italy on Sunday. The prize is decided by media votes at the tournament. Zidane received 2,012, Italian captain Fabio Cannavaro finished second (1,977) and his team mate Andrea Pirlo was third (715).

From Soccernet

Zidane is so calm usually, I heard that the guy insulted his mother if you know what i mean and so Zidane couldn't keep cool. It must have been very bad to make him so angry.

I'm really sad we lost cause we did a best game than italy. But, the result is the only thing which matters.

Congratulation Italy !!!

and congratulation to our French team, it was amazing thanks to them!

I must say I really enjoyed watching the games. I don't know all the rules of the game yet, but nevertheless I thought the play was exciting. I have been converted to the other football now. :D

jazzfan said:
I must say I really enjoyed watching the games. I don't know all the rules of the game yet, but nevertheless I thought the play was exciting. I have been converted to the other football now. :D

Yay, an american converted to football and she calls it football. Result! :D

Congrats to Italy winning. :rolleyes: I didn't want them winning tbh but I guess if that italian guy hadnt insulted Zidane and provoked him, the match might have had a different outcome. Who knows?

Im sad that the WC is over now! :( :( :(

Well, I finally got an answer on what the italian guy (materazzi I think ?) said to Zizou ... The information come from a brasilian journalist : after reading on the lips of the italian guy, it appears that he insulted Zidane's sister and mother several times during the finaleand then it was racist attacks (zidane's family came from Algeria) :mad:

(By the way, I don't post this to apologize Zidane, he did something unforgivable but I wanted to know why he did that because he's not a violent guy :eek:.)

I am very sad the WC is over :(

Personally I was very impressed with the Italians, I think on the night France were better but was happy Italy won :)

I was especially impressed by Grosso, he played very well all tournament :D

Aparaently player of the tournament was announced at half time, before the Zidane incident :rolleyes: Still I would have given it to Cannavaro, he is immense, Zidane had some great games but didn't do much in the group stages!

And well done to the Germans, for hosting a great tournament, onto to Euro 2008, England with a new coach, come on boys you can do it :D

I must say I´m happy Italy won the WC. They did never really play well the whole game. But they defended the 1:1 120 minutes. That was so impressive. :eek:

Last night was fantastic, I was screaming and crying of joy!!!
When Cannavaro raised the cup...tears like rivers!!! :D

Proud to be Italian hahahahaha!!! YEAH!!! :lol:

kazzy, don't worry. Qualifications for EC will start really soon ;)

We have our own league running but it's boring as hell.

Hey,have you heard about that guy in Italy that said that he would give the money back of all the plasma tv he sold during the wc if Italy won?
He sold 10.000 plasma tv and now he has to return all the money. :eek: :lol:

Yeah, it's true! It was an idea of Mediaworld, maybe they were sure that Italia wouldn't win...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back