World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The World Cup and Other Football Stuff

I always wrote some touching scenes down and I have also some about the finale.
- buffon comforted Zindane. :(
- sad French players on the one side, happy Italians on the other side

Camoranesi wore a fake hairpiece! :lol: His hair has only shoulder-length. I was like: shouldn't be his hair longer???

Awesome match, I am so happy that Italy won! :D :D :D

Beautiful penalties, kinda ironic that Trezeguet was the one who missed since he was the one who scored the golden goal in the Euro 2000 final. Oh well. And I don't even know what to say about Zidane, I was so shocked at what he did. Can't believe it.

It was an entertaining match, and I'm glad Italy comes out best at the end! Grosso! :lol:

Camoranesi wore a fake hairpiece! His hair has only shoulder-length. I was like: shouldn't be his hair longer???
Didn't they cut it? He was sitting on the chair and everyone surrounded him, I think they cut his hair :lol:

Mixed emotions for the final. In the end, I was crying. Happy that Italy won, sad that France lost. Both my teams were in the final; that's all that matters.

But still, I'm so happy! The Italians will be celebrating! Congrats Italy!

god i'm so disappointed...ZIDANE....why? :( i wonder what the italian player told him to deserve that punch.....poor Zidane

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!!! CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!!! W L'ITALIA!!!

Adzix thanks for your congratulations! I hope you 'll enjoy when you stay in Italy!

I actually enjoyed watching the final, me, someone who's not much into soccer :lol: It was exciting though and I'm glad Italy won. Yay Italy!!!! What can I say, I like Italian men :) No, they did great in the penalty's, they kept their cool and it's good to see that they've overcome their fear of penalty's.
Zidane really pissed me off, I don't care how great he is you just don't do that. It was plain nasty and I think it's a shame that he had to end it like that.
Oh well...yay Italy!!!!

thanks jofod ;) i was in italy last year on pope's funeral and i liked it so much (i mean rome, people etc) that i decided to come back this year just to chill out and spend great time. i think since then italy is even my favorite country in general. well, maybe after my own country :lol:

I think goalies in penalty shots.. well, think of Ricardo. If I remember right, he has gone to right direction EVERY TIME in this WC penalties... but now Buffon and Barthez... oh my. Buffon the world's best goalie? Didn't impress me so well...
Thinking of Ricardo's penalty saves against England - well, England's penalties were very poor. Ricardo did well, but up to a point, England's penalty takers made it easier for him. Tonight, the penalties from both teams were breathtakingly good. I don't think any keeper would have got near most of them. I love Buffon! I think he is an amazing keeper. Would love to see him in the Premiership! :D

I was delighted Italy won and congratulations to them. What on earth was Zidane thinking? That was one heck of a headbutt! It gets worse the more you see it. I know it's been said, but it's such a shame to end such a wonderful career in that manner. That moment of madnees will be remembered forever. So sad.

Finally, as Tally mentioned earlier, Germany have been amazing hosts, so thank you Germany for staging such a fantastic World Cup. Congrats again to Italia! :D

I personally did not think that this game was accurate. I HATE HATE HATE shootouts. You want to know why? Okay, this is coming from a soccer player, so you're going to get a really long speech lol.

In soccer, the objective of the game is to work as a team to defeat the opposing players. I personally think that France was the better team. Shootouts do not cover the basis of soccer. It has to do with aim and accuracy. That's not what soccer is. Soccer is the amount of training, how well you work with your team, what skills that you posses to either carry the ball down the feild or get it from another player. Shootouts I think are so unfair because with a shootout, the best team doesn't win, which is what I think happened today.

The shootout only bases a team on their shooting. It's basically the team that has the best way of fooling the goalie and the best aim wins. I just don't think it's fair. I think that France should have won, and Italy should have gotten second. That's just my honest opinion.

Anyway, WHAT WAS Zidane thinking? That is the worst way to end your career. That was totally unsportsman like, and if I was him, I wouldn't have even argued with it like he did. It's obvious that it was unsportsmanlike, did he think people weren't going to see it? Soccer (or football) is played for fun, it's not meant to piss people off. It's a shame becaues I really liked and respected Zidane, he was a great player, but you just can't do that, I've lost all respect for him now.

The thing is, football often isn't fair. A team can play the best football all game long and not score, but their opponents can snatch a goal at the end of a match and win it, for example.

Italy have also had their fair share of penalty shootout defeats when maybe they haven't deserved to lose. Luck was on their side this time.

Also, what is the alternative to a penalty shootout? I agree, it is a less than satisfying end to a match, especially when the stakes are so high, but what would be the alternative?

weee! Italy won! yay! i saw all of the regular game but then i had to leave my friend's house when overtime started. so i missed most of the end.

Why did Zidane headbutt the Italian defender?

Materazzi is famous at provoking the opponent player, but Zidane shouldn't have acted like he had. And since the rules are like that, he wasn't allowed to go on the field later to accept the medal and to stand there as the captain that he is. Because, the truth is, 2nd place is not bad. They came a long way when everyone thought they had no chance. They defetead Brasil, although the fact is that people always remember the winner.

I have to say that for me, Cannavaro was the best player of Italian teams. He was in his top form throughout the whole WC. Excellent player!

I did think that France played better for most part of the game, but they didn't produce at the crucial moment - the penalties. It's sad that the team lost because of one player who missed, but that's football. Take it or leave it.

I agree that Cannavaro was awesome, I think he deserves the Golden Ball award. I think it would probably be either him or Buffon, but I would love to see Cannavaro takes it, he's been excellent this World Cup.

ilovegrissom1 said:
I personally did not think that this game was accurate. I HATE HATE HATE shootouts. You want to know why? Okay, this is coming from a soccer player, so you're going to get a really long speech lol.

In soccer, the objective of the game is to work as a team to defeat the opposing players. I personally think that France was the better team. Shootouts do not cover the basis of soccer. It has to do with aim and accuracy. That's not what soccer is. Soccer is the amount of training, how well you work with your team, what skills that you posses to either carry the ball down the feild or get it from another player. Shootouts I think are so unfair because with a shootout, the best team doesn't win, which is what I think happened today.

The shootout only bases a team on their shooting. It's basically the team that has the best way of fooling the goalie and the best aim wins. I just don't think it's fair. I think that France should have won, and Italy should have gotten second. That's just my honest opinion.

Anyway, WHAT WAS Zidane thinking? That is the worst way to end your career. That was totally unsportsman like, and if I was him, I wouldn't have even argued with it like he did. It's obvious that it was unsportsmanlike, did he think people weren't going to see it? Soccer (or football) is played for fun, it's not meant to piss people off. It's a shame becaues I really liked and respected Zidane, he was a great player, but you just can't do that, I've lost all respect for him now.
Soccer eh! Soccer! soccer! soccer! soccer! Oh yeaaaah, soccer! But I agree with what you said there abot penalties in football. :)

Still cant beleive that France lost! :(

Misery said:
I have to say that for me, Cannavaro was the best player of Italian teams. He was in his top form throughout the whole WC. Excellent player!

Cannavaro for me is the man of the tournament too. Excellent player, doesn't make too many fouls, good defender and a good team player.

What Zidane did, was scandalous. It doesn't matter what Matterazzi said, you shouldn't do these things. Another Frenchem (forgot who) hit De Rossi already a few minutes earlier, maybe payback ok, but it became harder. France was the better team, but after those hard moments I was glad Italy won. Good that Grosso took the last penalty, he was one of the suprises of the tournament, he deserved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back