World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm so disappointed...Portugal won...they don't deserve it, it's a shame, a real shame...after all England have done, i hoped they would win that...S***

MiamiDade said:
It was a stupid thing for Rooney to do, but for Ronaldo to try to get him sent off by protesting to the ref, when it had nothing to do with him, is very unsporting.

Come on! The interaction between players and the ref is common., better to say, that is what is expected from them. And usually, the player cannot persuade ref to do anything. Rooney made a stupid mistake, period. That guy really needs to learn how to chill.

Now, Ricardo is an excellent goalkeeper! Too bad he didn't have the opportunity to score from a penalty also. I love seeing goalkeepers shoot!

I'm in denial. Come on Brazil tonight. I want them to win the cup now.

Christiano Ronaldo is going to be the most unpopular player in the Premiership next season.

*Over and out*

Good bye England . I guess a lot of shop owners in Baden Baden will miss their best customer aka the wives of Englands players

We won!!! Go Portugal.

It was a tough game. England played well.
There was a time I thought we were going to lose...
Congratulations, Ricardo you're the best. ;)

And in spite of losing, congratulations England, you played well. :)

Misery said:
MiamiDade said:
It was a stupid thing for Rooney to do, but for Ronaldo to try to get him sent off by protesting to the ref, when it had nothing to do with him, is very unsporting.

Come on! The interaction between players and the ref is common., better to say, that is what is expected from them. And usually, the player cannot persuade ref to do anything. Rooney made a stupid mistake, period. That guy really needs to learn how to chill.

Now, Ricardo is an excellent goalkeeper! Too bad he didn't have the opportunity to score from a penalty also. I love seeing goalkeepers shoot!

Yeah, I don't think he was trying to get Rooney to be sent off, he was just gesturing to the ref about Carvalho. But then we don't know what he was saying.

I wish Ricardo took a penalty too! He was awesome when he took the penalty in Euro 04 :p

Of course he was trying to get Rooney sent off. MiamiDade's point was completely accurate. Plus, MD posted that Rooney had been stupid. There's no denying that. Ronaldo knew exactly what he was doing.

A quote from the BBC Sports page:
The incident occurred right in front of Argentine referee Horacio Elizondo, who was urged on by Portugal players - including Rooney's Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo - to issue a red card.

Bleh. No more England :(

I thought during the first 10 minutes of the first half, we were easily going to win, but then it all just tailed off into nothing. It actually got quite boring at one point.

I think England did well to battle on and not concede any goals towards the end of the second half and throughout extra time. Great defending, boys :) particularly in that stifling heat.

I agree that Ronaldo's behaviour was disgraceful, but what Rooney did was stupid, especially right in front of the ref. Don't get me wrong, Rooney's a great player, but I don't think he has the right temperament for the game sometimes. I wonder what will happen with him and Ronaldo now?

And poor Beckham with his injured foot. Oh dear - he looked so upset after he came off. I don't really know what actually happened to him on the pitch to get that injury though :confused:

I'm hoping whichever team plays Portugal next whips their asses :devil: I'm not sure whether to support Brazil or France in the next match...

All in all, it will be very interesting to see the atmosphere in Man U next season. Unless Ronaldo has moved to Real by that time.

Now it's time for Brazil and France! I want France to win, but a Brazil-Portugal clash also seem very appealing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back