"Working Stiffs" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Even still, I think in many episodes Ray is getting way more scenes than Grissom ever got and that bothers me too.
I don't think so. I think the fact that Ray is new is the reason we're noticing this, but especially the first six or seven years, Grissom got the lion's share of scenes. It's only in the last few years that Petersen pulled back on his screen time, and then of course finally left altogether.

Most of Grissom's scenes were with other cast members though. What I meant was Ray's getting more scenes by himself or with suspects/vics/witnesses/guest stars than Grissom got. Sure there were some eps where Grissom got a lot of alone face time, but not in nearly every single episode as Ray has been getting. Besides, it's a totally different thing when the show starts out that way than when someone new comes in (new lead or not) and constantly gets way more screentime than the vets.

Jesse on Miami is new and I don't notice him getting a lot of scenes until I actually see the numbers. So, I don't think it's Ray's "new" status. It's because of the tone and manner that the scenes are presented in. The majority of Jesse's scenes for the most part (except in the first two eps of the season which are understandable given the storylines) are with other cast members... whereas a good portion of Ray's scenes are with guest stars (though it's been a tiny bit better this season than last).

I don't care how many scenes Greg or anyone else gets, it's all about what happens in them. You could hold Greg's picture in front of the camera or 45 minutes of the hour and it wouldn't matter any to me. Give me 1 minute of Greg development, I'm happy.

I don't care how many scenes Greg or anyone else gets, it's all about what happens in them. You could hold Greg's picture in front of the camera or 45 minutes of the hour and it wouldn't matter any to me. Give me 1 minute of Greg development, I'm happy.

I think this is why I haven't had a problem with his screen time yet this season. Last season, he'd show up at Archie's desk, click a button and be gone. This season, he's actually helping with the cases. So far, I'm good :)

I think this is why I haven't had a problem with his screen time yet this season. Last season, he'd show up at Archie's desk, click a button and be gone. This season, he's actually helping with the cases. So far, I'm good :)

ITA! As a Brass fan, I learned a long time ago it's all about quality, not quantity. But it helps to have a Brass-centric episode every now and again. ;)

Back