Without A Trace *May Contain Spoilers*

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurpleBlood

PurpleBlood Rookie

Re: Without A Trace

I felt bad for Martin last night. He really wants to be out in the field but because of his injury, he can't and that bothers me.

Also, doesn't it appear that Jack has been a hard ass this season so far. I still love Jack but what's going on with that?

2. loves_csi

loves_csi CSI Level One

Yes, Jack has been a hard ass this season. I don't like him this way. He is really hard on Danny. I feel so sorry for
    Martin, he is trying so hard to get back to normal.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Jack was a hard ass to the new girl - who I don't like by the way - so, I didn't mind the way he was acting. I actually enjoyed him last night. He so obviously doesn't want new girl there. Now, what she needs to do? She needs to get packing and leave our 5-people team alone. There really is no need for her, no need at all.

4. KatieHeartsCSI

KatieHeartsCSI Pathologist

I'm not a fan of the new girl either, but I think Jack was wayyy too hard on her; as he has been this whole season with everyone; but especially the new girl. I know he doesn't want her there, and is watching his whole team fall apart, but you still have to be somewhat nice to someone new. I dunno...I just don't like him this season so far. (Take a look at my av and siggy :p)

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I don't know i liked the new girl, she pushed everyone to remember what it is exactly they are doing and who they are doing it for.

While Jack is being hard, he has been hard on all of them at one point or another, and especially martin when he was knew.

As i pointed out above i find the similiarities between Martin and Elena to be wierd, is there no other divisions? :lol: Oh wait there is the one you never see goes to it. :D

Besides lets remember the rest of the actors have had time to build their characters a bit they got an idea of how they should be, who they should be, and so on.
    Roselyn should be afforded that same chance in my book and i am going to give it to her, and i am going to give her more then one or two eps to prove herself. ;)

6. KatieHeartsCSI

I think the new girl added some comedy to the episode which i happend to like alot.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Jeremy Piven! *loves on him*

Back to the new girl (who's name I can't bring myself to mention). Like others have said, Jack has been hard on all of them at one point and time - except Viv, who like rules Jack - so I can't seem to have any sympathy for new girl (you have no idea how much I want to call her something else). If I really saw a reason for new girl to be there, I would like her; actually give her a chance. Sadly, I just can't do that. Since TPTB has no common sense whatsoever, they'd actually try to start something up between she and Danny or maybe Jack and God forbid they actually try to pull something between she and Martin. I'm afraid that that is the only reason she is there, I can't see any other reason why she would be. Unless they want to explain in an upcoming episode, which hopefully won't be too far away.

Besides, she's a like a girl version of Danny; which really annoys me if I haven't mentioned before.

8. Destiny

Okay i must be missing something, how is Elena a female version of Danny?

I would ask why people think its bad that she is there, or that she wouldn't (as it would seem people are saying) have anything to offer the team, but hey were all entitled to our opinions maybe thats all it is. ;)

I don't think they are trying to start something with her and anyone, especially danny because at the end of the ep she asked if they could leave the baggage out it (work).

Jack has been hard on viv a couple times, remember when he yelled at her for telling him to not encourage "Chet Collins" when he shows up, and there was a couple more times.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Maybe we all see her differently, but I see her as a female version of Danny. She seems pretty street wise, something that a lot of people have already tagged Danny as. Her first day there, she did something similar to what Danny likes to do to a number of suspects. Rough them up a bit. I couldn't help but think about Danny the moment she'd done that.

Maybe she isn't there to start anything with any of the guys, but I wouldn't put it past TPTB. They've managed to have Sam sleep with two of her male co-workers, I wouldn't be surprised if they made new girl the same way.

Jack's anger with Viv doesn't last long, because Viv doesn't let it. She puts Jack in his place with one little look and I think even he knows that.

10. Destiny

Yeah but Elena just transfered from the streets where roughing people up did get you the answers, she explained that, which it got explained to her that isn't how its done, did the writers realize this paralleled danny, maybe or maybe not.
    They both come from similar backgrounds, and heck we don't know that its totally romantic baggage that they are talking about, maybe they knew each other growing up, or had a one night stand (background story), i don't know being that she has only been on for one ep, like i said i am going to give her a chance to build her character.

Heck they had Sam Sleeping with jack long before the show came on, they just called it back story, then she sleeps with Martin, and they break up, but i have noticed that imo they seem to be backing off the "relationship" aspect of the team and onto the "Friendship" aspect.
    Which is what i watch it for, the cases, the group working as a team, whose friendship brings out the best in them all. So with Elena there is just one more person, one can never have to many friends or backup.
    (Sorry i am not a romantic shipper person).

Shoot would you want to tick off viv or be on her hit list? i wouldn't :lol: jack knows when to knock it off, but it doesn't stop him from opening mouth and inserting foot. :D

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I am going to be so very truthful with you, I watch WaT to see what will happen with Danny and Martin. Like, what they'll do next to further prove how in love they are. :rolleyes:

Truthfully? I can't warm up to new characters as fast as some (it's only happened with Lindsey Monroe). I don't even like Mac (new tech guy) because the other man had been there for quite a long time and then BOOM, there's Mac. I guess the reason I don't like Elena (ok, I'll use her name now) is because I have no idea why she's there, and the fact that they've always been a 5-people team and have been doing great. Since Jack so wonderfully lied to Martin and told him that he wasn't the reason he was adding a new agent, why exactly did he add Elena to the team? That's all I really want to know. I'm not going to lie, if she happened to go bye-bye within the next 2 episodes.. I would be a happy camper. I'm only complaining here, others are doing worse. Like, say, sending beautiful comments to CBS about why they don't want Elena on the show. Yeah..

I'm always scared when it comes to WaT, I have no idea what'll be happening next! It's my show, I'm going to be evil like this. :lol:

12. KatieHeartsCSI

The reason why she is there is because the team is falling apart, no matter how you look at it. Jack knows that, and thats why he brought her in. I said this before. Look at the credits. She's not there in the beginning. All the other shows had their intros changed with the new character in it. I think she's temporary until the whole team gets their feet back on the ground.

13. Destiny

Katie: Read above, about her she Joined the show, it could be that they didn't have time yet to get her in to the credits, considering how late they brought her in from the beginning.

Actually if you think about it i have to agree with Katie in reguards to the team to a point, Viv might be fine in the heart department, but since they seem to be within the current time frame to a point, Viv may still be limited on what she can do, which causes a problem, and we know Martin is limited on what he can do.

Granted i think before ANY show brings in a new character they should have them do a good interview with the actress/actor, and the writers at least, to give a little background on the character and why they are bring said person on. Down side they didn't do that which sucks. :D

14. KatieHeartsCSI

Wow...I knew it. I'm blind. And there's nothing I could do about it. :lol:

(sorry for the spam)

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking the new girl. And please...I'm sure there was enough time to change the intro to add her. :p I do look forward to future eps with her in it.

15. Destiny

Sure they could have but then they would have had to stretch the music, put her in there and since there really isn't alot of pictures of her on the show yet, like they show with the rest of the characters (one from the show, sometimes one from a promo, or another from the show) it could be difficult.

Thing about the opening they got going, I kind of never cared for the stills, they flashed them to quick, what is with quick flashes of the people on the show and the music is still longer? I get this not. lol. slower and people actually not captioned stills is better in my opinion.

Anywho its just wierd... and who knows what they have up their sleeves, maybe they were running behind on getting her in there, she may or may not be in the opening next week. *shrug* got me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.