Not open for further replies.
I love Butterflied and Fur and Loathing ! My favourite episodes would be :

Jackpot

Inside the box

The Strip Strangler

Pledging Mr Johnson

Butterflied

But so many others !

For pure Grissom "JACKPOT" for sure, and "GRAVE DANGER" he was so worried and concerned about Nick, riveting:eek: a real nail biter, and so many others. "BUTTERFLIED" of course, I like him in everything he's ever been in on this show, and it's nearly impossibe to choose just a couple:confused:

I just found this little diddy, and it so applies to him:p

YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A BEAUTIFUL BABY

You must have been a beautiful baby
You must have been a beautiful child
When you we're only startin'
To go to kindergarten
I'll bet you drove the little girls wild

An' when it came to winnin' blue ribbons
Well..I bet you taught the other kids how
Well, I can see the judges eyes
As they handed you the prize
I bet you took the cutest bow!

Yeah, You must have been a beautiful baby
Cause' baby look at you now:p

For Adorable_Crazy:)

Here's some excerpts from George Eads, on Billy/Grissom leaving, 'His best student" from the January TV Guide:thumbsup: some cute and funny some very emotional and poignant:(

The Early Years

George/Nick:: "In year 1, we did an episode called "Who Are You" where Grissom and Nick had to dig ghrough cement to find a skeleton under a house. I remember I wanted to wear a baseball cap because ther was so much dust and grime, and I thought that's what my character would do. The higher-ups fought me on this. They told me to take it off, but Billy immediately came to my defense. "Hey he' going to be the baseball-cap guy", her said. And then right before the scene, Billy put on a hat too, an whispers to me, "if you're going down for this, I'm going down with you buddy";)

"I used to make fun of how Billy walks. He has this pigeon-toe thing going on, and if we were doing an intense scene, I might break it up by walking down the hall pigeon-toed and talking in his Chicago accent. A couple of times, I thought Billy might hit me, but mostly I think he liked it":lol:

'Billy didn't take this role lightly, I remember there was an episode about a dirty cop. The guy came in and said something like "What do you CSI nerds know about what we do"? Billy barrels down the hallway and pushes this actor into a cabinet, and the guys face goes white. This wasn't written! It was just Billy being Grissom and saying "You don't mess with my guys, I'm telling ya' the guys a badass":scream:

"Here's the stuff that gets me emotional: In his final episode there's a moment when we realize Grissom isn't a huggy, going away party type guy. So at one point, I say the line "I'll never forgot all the things you taught me" Grissom was supposed to say 'you did a good job", but Billy said "You were my best student, Nick" He often did that--change a line at the last minute without telling anyone. But when he did it that day, the floodgates opened for me":(

More from the others later~

Aww, Thanks, DW :) I have that issue of TV GUIDE but it's sweet of you to put them up for the poor people who didn't :)

I LOVE that second one (when Billy pushes the guy against a cabinet)- I bet EVERYONE'S faces went white ;)

I have SO known about that since WPAP put it on their News section, but OH MY GAAAWD I am SO excited for and SO proud of Billy!! He SO deserves a Star (ok, maybe two ;p) and I'm SOOO HAPPY he's getting one :)
Congrats, love :)

PS, anyone going to be in that general area that can possibly go and take pictures? WPAP is asking for some, since none of the site people/whatever can go...I'd do it but I live in MI...wee too far.

How exciting for him and all of his fans it's abount time, he's so deserving now he needs to win that elusive EMMY:thumbsup:I didn't see him in Vegas, and believe I tried numerous times:shifty: and I could drive up there, but with my luck I'll be pushed aside and or way far away, I've lost my zest for hunting him down, I'll just wait and see the pictures, plus if I did get a glance or a autograph, which is highly unlikly, I'd be forever in more of a fantasy world than I am now over him:(

Some more comments form the TV Guide from his co-workers!

Robert David Hall, Coroner Albert Robins
"Billy and I spent a lot of time with corpses, well, fake ones. Once in S/2, we had 4 monks on a slab. The way it was lit and the oddity of it gave me pause. It made me queasy. But I took my ques from Billy, who went right to work. He had a philosophy that we were honoring the people we were portraying, and honoring the lives of these characters--even the dead ones. From that moment on, I realized there was almost a noble quality in dealing with corpses, whether it was a 200-lb. aumo wrestler or the most beautiful girl. Billy gave me grace lessons.

Laughter in the lab
"In a episode called "Lab Rats" from S/7, Billy and I had to chase a rat around the room and jept stepping on each others lines. The rat, meanwhile, hit his mark every single time. Billy looks up and says "How is it the rat is the best actor in the room"? I still laugh at that one. "The other thing, Billy is not a college graduate, and her he was playing a genuis, don't get me wrong--he's very smart, but one time I remember Grissom and Doc talking about the theory of everything, wher it's all intertwined, very philosophical. They'd say 'cut' and Billy would wink at me and giggle. This was a guy who dropped out of high school to drive around in a Volkweagen. He got a kick out of playing the intellectual!

Saying godbye
"You don't replace Billy, Laurence Fishburne is an amazing actor, but Billy created a Sherlock Holmes for the 21st century. He's a true icon and somehow he avoided the usual divalike behavior that comes along with that sort of achievment. More than anything, he was a good guy to work with. He would hate me for being this sappy, but I already miss him alot:(

OMG yay! Billy receives a Hollywood Star of Fame tomorrow! Wonder if he's bearded or clean-shaven?

Also, you think Billy was in Tampa to catch the Super Bowl live?

I bet this week is a super week for him! Cheers Billy!

Last edited:
Oooo if he was, I was watching with him ;)

I'm SO EXCITED about his Star tomorrow, too!! *YAY* I don't work tomorrow so I should hopefully be able to keep up w/ the news on it..CONGRATS, baby!

Well he's there today. and pictures soon:thumbsup: I doubt that he was in Florida for the Super Bowl although maybe, he seems more the stay at home with friends to watch it:) And to contunue with some comments on his departure!

WALLACE LANGHAM/HODGES

"Most people don't know that Billy has a deep sense of the absurd. But because Grissom couldn't do absurd thing's, he'd make the rest of us go there. If Hodges was calling Grissom into the lab, Billy would say "Don't just wave your arms, pretend you're flagging down an airplane" Of course I'd do that, or we would do dueling Christopher Walken impressions before a scene. Especially with the material we deal with on this show, you have to laugh, and Billy was always making me crack up":lol:

"Science can be boring, but Billy found a way to bring a human element to it. That's a tribute to his charisma. The minute he walked on the set it was always exciting. we called him the KING, and now the king is gone. As the court jester, I don't really have anyone to play to anymore"

"When Grissom gave the eulogy at Warrick's funeral last year, it showed what a brilliant actor Billy was. It was such a moving speech that one of the extras in the audience spontaneously started speaking back to him, telling him to take his time. we thought Billy was going to laugh, but he stayed with it and kept going, Billy's so good, the other guy honestly thought he was at a real funeral"

And still one more to go from Billy's co-workers on his leaving:(

NAREN SHANKAR co-exec/producer

"Nobody on TV used white space the way Billy did as Grissom. There was an episode called 'Slaves Of Las Vegas" where a dead stripper was found in a sandlot. I just remember Grissom washing off the body in a washroom. It was tow and a half minutes of pure silence. he puts his hand in the water to see if the temp. is right. As a viewer, it was so poignant to watch a man who cares enough about a body to do that, and an actor who takes his time like that!

"After the very next to last scene when Grissom leaves the laboratory, I felt a wave of sadness. Billy had made us cut the scene where everyone hugs and cries, and I knew it was the right thing to do. It brought to mind an earlier episode when Grissom had said to Warrick, "When I leave the lab, there's not going to be a cake and a party, I'll just be gone" Billy and I were discussing that line and I said "Alright, dude, I know where you're coming from, then I reached out and gave him ahug anyway and said "I'm gonna miss you":(

SAD INDEED, how popular he was with everyone!

new08021010083030ggin1.gif

Last edited:
Congratulations on the Hollywood Star, Billy! Hurrah from England! I'll definitely have to see that... Any excuse to see LA LA Land!

Absolutely GORGEOUS in that black suit and t shirt combo. PHWOAR indeed! The curls. Sigh... the curls... GROWL!!!

Congratulations Billy!!!

It's so great to see Billy finally honoured this way. This is long overdue acknowledgment from the industry for his varied and illustrious career. Oh , I know it's mostly due to his role as Grissom, but the man is an amazing actor all round. Now if he could just snag that Emmy, everything would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back