William/Grissom : The Hotness of #12

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by ladyhunter, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

^^ Thanks girls :D

I was supposed to use one of the theories that we had studied in class -narrative theory, reader oriented criticism, audience ethnography criticism, semiotic criticism, rhetorical criticism, genre criticism.

You know, at first sight, this class seems easy, you think you're going to watch TV all the time. Well, not really.

Anyway, I used narrative criticism -supposedly the hardest to work with, adopting a traditional narative but dominantly visualist approach -looking at the storylines, dialogues, facial expressions, camera angles, shot depth, light/dark contrasts ... and interpreting what I was seeing.

Basically what narrative theory aims to do is re-tell the story, you can use metaphors and stuff like that, as long as you can back it up with elements from the TV text (the episode).

The title of my paper was
    "CSI: ANATOMY OF AN EPISODE - Crime scene investigation under the microscope - A traditional narrative and visualist approach to television criticism"

Here's part of my introduction:

And that was my conclusion:

The cool thing is I got to watch Butterflied over and over again ;) It wasn't easy but I loved writing that paper.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, that's really impressive, have you thought of sending this to the writers? particulary Carol Mendolsohn? I think they'd be impressed, as well, go for it, this is a writers dream how this impacted you, maybe they'd post it on their board, and Billy would read it, and write you a fan letter ;) good job[​IMG]

3. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

Wow! That's really cool GF!!

4. GrissomFREAK

^^ Thanks, grissoms_gurl and happy birthday [​IMG]

You think? :)

That's an idea, yeah. Why not? I have nothing to lose.

Do you know where I could find an address -I don't really know to whom I should send this though? The writer for this particular episode was David Rambo

That's a great idea, actually, des :D

5. Desertwind

David Rambo rocks.. he's e-mailed twice, I am very impressed with him. and his work, and on the addresses, I would think CBS would have all of them.. and maybe Destiny knows where you can find them ;) and all it would cost you would be postage, so if you have access to a Xerox machine, send one to all of them.. I'm sure they'd appreciate they are responsible for all these great eps. and don't get nearly enough thank's for this, & the fact that they inspired you to write an school essay from their works, and just think maybe Billy baby would read it ;)and send you a thank-you note.. AHHH, fantasies run wild :p

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

You could try for David Rambo his official site. They give his representation (ie agent) and a phone number, as well as an email.

7. Desertwind

I found Billy's address, courtesy of WPAP ;)

William Petersen
    C.S.I. c/o CBS Television
    7800 Beverly Blvd. Room 18
    Los Angeles, CA. 90039-2615

8. GrissomFREAK

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll start with his email -easier for me. I'll keep you posted!

:)

9. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Good article from USA Today about William Friedkin directing CSI. Quotes from Billy, and from William Friedkin about Billy.

Love this bit:

"As Friedkin and Dourdan wait to start rehearsal, the director doesn't exactly extend Petersen the typical star treatment.

"Is Mr. Petersen here? Where is he? Hello? He better walk out in five minutes or we're going to go to another scene."

:lol:

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Thanks for the article GameFace

I loved that bit too about Billy not getting the typical star treatment. And the part about them not saying very much to each other.

11. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Is this the forum to ask.... just *how* does he do it? What? Just continue to look even HOTTER on each episode???

Please ladies tell me how is this possible??

12. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Some men (a rare few!), just seem to get better with age. And Billy is the best example. He looked adorable in the episode on Thursday, especially in those overalls / coveralls / whatever people call em :devil:
    And he was really handsome in last weeks episode, all in black. Wow!

13. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Yeah, cheers Game Face! Excellent article. Excellent episode. OVERALL AND NECK ACTION!!! HELLO LADIES!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

And Rocket... I am in total and utter agreement! *SIZZLE*

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

BTW - not had time to mention how much I enjoyed You Kill Me. Collar :eek: I positively GROWLED at the screen! And his giggling when Hodges got shot! :lol: Delish! Yummy!

14. Desertwind

Cool article GameFace Billy seems to keep in touch with so many of his cronies, and actors from his past, how cool is that? has had many actresses and actors he knows personally, and have guested on CSI! and Quentin Tarantino is a WP fan, and wanted to direct an ep. and he did, probably the best ever, and now W.Friedkin as well, does this guy have any enemies? I think not[​IMG]

15. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Another article on USAToday.com suggests that Billy is gonna do a play in Chicago next November :eek: So we gonna have a forum outing? :lol:

Here's the bit from the article:

"As we all think in our jobs, 'I could be doing something else.' I think that's true for me and for Grissom. So we have to solve that somehow," he says.

He took a break last season to act in a play and plans to act in one in Chicago next November.

Full article here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.