Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

I can never get why Anna's pregnancy is to blame for all the bad writing, bad acting, the whining, weepy, little self-centered girl act. I mean, Anna was the one pregnant. Not Lindsey -- so there was no excuse for the character to go hormonal overload (as I've understood in the other post).

Without the "my friends were all killed" storyline... she has none.

What was she originally? A country girl from Montana. That's it. The feistiness died out the very next episode after "Zoo York". She had two seasons to move up (well, stand up) on her own but what did she do? Sabotaged Danny.

I agree with Gary and Carmine and Eddie, I give you that. But Melina? Come on... both her storylines these past seasons (Frankie and the HIV and prolly this new guy too) were crappy and painfully predictable. But she did what she could on it and it sold.

As for Hill, come on... how can you not see his intensity? You want cheese? Refer to the last part of "Snow Day" while a certain someone dragged a severely injured man out of the warehouse.

Anna/Lindsey's storyline -- I'm not even sure which is which -- the mothers thing and Katum case had all the potential in the world. The dark secret could be that she's not in good terms with her mom or maybe she's a mom herself and left the kid in Montana. But did they do through with it? Nope. It's like it never existed.

Me too. Like Eddie said in the season1 DVD, he (being originally from NY) brings NY to the show. I guess it works as well for Carmine and Vanessa.

As for Stella, she represents a girl who went through a horrific childhood but in the end, conquered that.

If they hear it enough, they might actually believe it.

My jaw went slack coz I was bored of her. LOL.

Jane Parsons was too. :lol:

Yeah, I did not get that either at first. Aiden left and Sheldon went in -- so no problem. They need not have another one.

Like Stella said, "Mac picked you because you're thorough." But lo and behold, whom among the team jumps into conclusions right away?

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Guys, let's remember that not everyone who comes in to disagree is a troll. ;) However, acrook1, calling people who disagree with you "crazy" right off the bat isn't exactly an intelligent argument or a smart way to get people to take what you say seriously.

I just finished watching tonight's episode, and wow, I take back what I said about Anna being able to do the light stuff. She's just plain bad, period.

3. althea

althea Lab Technician

acrook1 are you by any chance related to Chris Crocker of the now infamous Leave Britney Spears Alone video?

4. privatename

privatename Rookie

She really did make me cringe in just about all her scenes. She was awkward and stilted and came across as too smug. Just bad overall.

5. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

She was really quite sensationally dreadful this week. I always try to like her, to give her the benefit of the doubt and she disappoints me every single time.

But this week was worse; in an effort to sex her up they've plastered her face with slap and in order to make her more fun she smiles continually in a demented way while carrying out her experiments. And that's all before she's really started acting.

Oh sorry, did I say acting? I must have got confused....

6. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

The fact that the writers are at least giving Anna lighter scenes and keeping her in the lab gives me a little bit of hope that maybe they too see what a train wreck the character has become, and are trying to fix it without totally saying "wow, we screwed up".

But the light scenes in "You Only Die Once" were horrendous. She whines first about "how am i supposed to identify what caused the blue flames, boohoo..." isn't that HER JOB? didn't a million other CSIs on New York as well as Miami and Vegas have to experiment once in a while to get an answer? She comes across as a whiny brat to me...

And when she finally does find the answer? "oooo yaaaaay i rock i can do my job!" She acts like a four year old who finally figures out that 2+2=4. If she really is a professional CSI, who was brought in from freaking Montana to come to work in the big city, why doesn't she start acting like it?

...and to the poster who posted that Anna's acting surpasses Hill Harper's and Melina Kanakaredes's....

We all have our opinions, and ours is obviously that Anna's acting is subpar. You can argue her acting all you want, but don't be dragging down other actors to support your argument. Hill Harper has been stepped on ever since Lindsay's been on the show, and he hasn't gotten any thing good to work with (except in Raising Shane, where he was brilliant) because time has been wasted on the DL relationship to prop up Lindsay. And Melina Kanakaredes portrays Stella as a strong, independant woman, and never once have i seen her "weepy" or pouty. Yes, in All Access she cried, but that went with the scene, and even though the storyline was horrendous she still made it work with her acting ability.

You say that the lame story line with Lindsay's friends caused her to be the way she is, along with Anna's pregnancy...well, if Melina, who you rank beneath Anna, is able to still pull off a crappy storyline and shine, why shouldn't Anna be able to do the same thing? She hasn't been able to, and that in itself should illustrate her lack of skill next to the rest of the cast.

7. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

It has been suggested in the 'You Only Die Once' thread that the reason why Scrunch Munroe has only had scenes in the lab this season is may be due to the fact that she needs to be in LA in order to be near her child. I don't know much about Hollywood, but I would imagine that it's a 'dog eat dog' business and you go where you're told to go and do what you're told to do regardless of personal circumstances (unless of course you are a 'top dog' such as Tom Cruise and other such untouchables). So, really another lame excuse for what appears to be totally sh*tty acting. I think as well, the fact that it is very obvious to a LM fan that she is being sidelined has got to be a very big plus for those of us who would dearly love to see her go...away...for good :p

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I gotta say, short of getting rid of her, I do feel like TPTB are really making an effort to contain her sucktitude. Lighter scenes, limited screentime, mostly relegated to lab work--I gotta say, I feel like they're doing everything short of getting rid of her to make her palatable. So I'm grateful for that. It's just that she's so bad. I cringed watching her last night and her scripted enthusiasm. It was embarrassing.

I don't want to dislike a character on one of my favorite shows. Like others have said, I've tried to like her. She was okay in the first two episodes, but then Anna's bad acting talent rears its ugly head, and well, it's hard to watch her and not feel like she detracts from the show.

I will say this. I've found one consistent character trait in Lindsay: arrogance. It's not a good one, but it's been present in the two seasons she's been on the show.

9. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

I've given her a lot of opportunities, but that "I rock" made me not to give her anyone more. Simply she sucked there.

I think she's trying, and she's trying hard to make people like her, but her way is making those weird smiles that creep me out. Sometimes if you see you're not able to be at a determinated level, you need to rethink what your doing and quite at time. Sincerely, if she keeps on this job probably won't get anyone else.

10. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

(small voice) I actually liked Lindsey in this ep. I thought the batmobile/other car comparision scene was fun - and no, I didn't want to see Adam there because I find him a bit meh. I enjoyed the scene where Lindsey finally figures out what compound made the blue fire. YMMV I guess.

11. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

Hey! Long time lurker, first time putting my two cents in. Yeah! Lindsay sucks!! The only time I actually liked her enthusiasm was the "Bow & arrow " scene in the 2nd season with Mac. I forget the name of the episode. Yesterday was really bad. "I rock!".........Honey, sorry, you DONT!!

12. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Welcome Rad! The episode you're thinking of is "Stuck on You"

Ceindreadh, you're entitled to your opinion as well. It's okay that you like Lindsay and thought she worked in the car geek-out scene. It's just, as you plainly see, not too many people agree with you. Not in this thread at least. *shrugs* Sorry about that.

13. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Meh, no worries! I'm pretty sure that in the 'I rock' scene TPTB were trying to channel Abby from NCIS, and Lindsey is far less annoying to me than her!

14. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

I would like to think that they're quarantining her now haha. So that she won't wreck the whole thing for everybody. At least they're not turning the other cheek now.

In "Zoo York", she was all humble:
    "He was convicted because he was guilty."

And still, Stella praised her:
    "He was convicted because of your blood spatter evidence."

Now? Bleah.

All 3 CSI shows are shot in LA, right? So much for that suggestion...

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^Yeah, but they did some of the 'field' shooting in NY for the beginning of the season. If Anna didn't go to NY to film, she'd only be in the stuff that was shot in LA, which was probably mostly lab stuff.

Of course, she's in some shots filming in front of the museum in NY, so I'm not sure how much that theory holds--maybe she only went to some of the NY shooting days or something. *shrug*

But ugh, that means she'll be in the field for that episode. Will there be a dead kid or a grieving mother so she can make it OMG-SO-PERSONAL? *headdesk*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.