Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelle think LA. Home to CSI filming across all series.

It doesn't sound like any of you are partcularly optimistic about where this ship can go. I guess we'll have to hope it's handled more like Grissom & Sara, but let's face it, what we've seen so far doesn't bode well, does it? I see many more bug jokes in our future.

Unless, TPTB, you totally impress me and pull out my totally awesome "Black Widow" serial killer idea for Lindsay, in which case I shall just... set up a church in your name and offer you rital sacrifices of bad acting.

LA, Right I got it!! Starts to plan the trip!
I just don't see this particular ship having the power to stand the test of time. Linsday's character doesn't seem like she'd be able to stand up to a drama queen Danny or be there for him in his angst ridden, what he does best scenes.
there are only so many country girl, city boy jokes and comments we would be able to take.

Wow...i started reading through all these posts on here (but gave up because theres 19 pages of them!!) and was relieved to find out that i'm not the only one who wants to run screaming from the room when Lindsay comes on screen.

I didn't start out hating Lindsay, and i never meant to. Like others have mentioned before, its hard to watch your favorite show and not want to love all the characters. When Lindsay first came on to the show, the first thing that turned me off is how quickly she was thrown in. Couldn't we have eased her in gradually? I liked the Ryan Wolfe comparison someone made up there ^, and i think that has alot to do why her character just doesn't work. She's had some scenes that i've enjoyed, such as her eating the bugs and the crossbow episode, but besides that, there hasn't really been much for me to hold on to.

For the most part, i agree with what i've read on these posts. Lindsay is a completely unbelieveable character, and that makes it hard for anyone to watch her share a scene with dynamic characters like Stella, Flack, or Hawkes. Not to mention how she's ended up butchering every scene with Danny since she's been on the show. I think that can be chalked up to the fact that the two of them, whether it be themselves as actors or simply their characters, have no chemistry whatsoever. The only time i remotely liked them interacting was when Lindsay brought the DNA results to Danny in RSRD, and even that was a brief shining moment among hundreds of bad ones.

What really annoys me though is that the writers can tell that the scenes are awkward and forced, yet they continue on with it, one week throwing Danny at Lindsay with his hallucinations of her walking by in the crime lab, and the next with Lindsay flirting and throwing herself on him. The fact is, Lindsay is a very inconsistent character. At first, she's this tough kid from Montana making it in the big city. Ok, that was believable, and the writers could have run with that angle and made the character likeable. She turned from being the tough country girl to being the teachers pet, popping up everywhere to get Mac's attention and trying to please him, flirting over Danny. Then she went to being this whiny child, whining that Mac was sending her back to the lab so she couldn't process a scene with murdered teenagers. Then, all of a sudden, her deep dark past out of nowhere starts giving her hallucinations back to when she witnessed her friends being killed and she can't do her job, even though she had begged to process a crime scene where teens were slaughtered earlier. This to me is more the fault of the writers than the actress, though im not saying that Anna Belknap is totally off the hook. While the writing is terrible for her character, Belknap seems to not even run with the good scenes she has, putting little emotion or passion into her scenes, or at least, not enough to stand out against the others. I;ve never seen Anna Belknap in any other tv shows, and i really didnt even know who she was before she came on CSI:NY, so i dont know if this is normal or just some terribly written role that she can't run with. Either way, it makes the show painful to watch, and leaves me wondering whether or not the show will ever get back to details that are killing me and demand more attention....like Stella's HIV situation, Danny's brother Louie (who we've heard nothing about, is he alive or not???), and even the Mac/Peyton romance storyline. While i much more prefer Mac with Stella, Claire Forlani and Gary Sinise at least have decent chemistry, and their relationship isn't being force fed to us like the DL 'ship...so watching it isn't the equivalent of hearing nails scratching on a blackboard.

Like i said before, i really didn't hate Lindsay in the beginning, i just think her character's been so butchered by the writing, acting, and lack of chemistry that it would be hard to change my mind now...if they can, please do so...if not, get her out of there. Right now, she's only bringing the others down.

To be honest, I think the actor, Anna Belknap, has to go. You know what they can do? Have Lindsay in some funky accident that mentally and physically changes her, and for whatever reason, the actor is changed.

Yeah, it sounds awkard, and it is, but I really dislike Belknap.

^^One can only hope so. I have a feeling it will be a thorn in our side for a while. Maybe TPTB will finally realize it just doesn't work.

Like i said before, i really didn't hate Lindsay in the beginning, i just think her character's been so butchered by the writing, acting, and lack of chemistry that it would be hard to change my mind now...if they can, please do so...if not, get her out of there. Right now, she's only bringing the others down.

I completely agree and I would really like for them to write her off the show or, at a minimum, stop this romance with Danny. It is making this show -- a show I really like -- difficult to watch.

^^^ *nods in agreement*

I watched Love Run Cold again last night determined to get into the Danny/Lindsay thing but I just couldn't; it didn't ring true one little bit....

cSiNyFrEaK30 said:
Wow...i started reading through all these posts on here (but gave up because theres 19 pages of them!!) and was relieved to find out that i'm not the only one who wants to run screaming from the room when Lindsay comes on screen.

I didn't start out hating Lindsay, and i never meant to. Like others have mentioned before, its hard to watch your favorite show and not want to love all the characters. When Lindsay first came on to the show, the first thing that turned me off is how quickly she was thrown in. Couldn't we have eased her in gradually? I liked the Ryan Wolfe comparison someone made up there ^, and i think that has alot to do why her character just doesn't work. She's had some scenes that i've enjoyed, such as her eating the bugs and the crossbow episode, but besides that, there hasn't really been much for me to hold on to.

Same for me. There were a few moments when I found her alright, approaching likable even, but they were over a season ago and very few in number.

For the most part, i agree with what i've read on these posts. Lindsay is a completely unbelieveable character, and that makes it hard for anyone to watch her share a scene with dynamic characters like Stella, Flack, or Hawkes. Not to mention how she's ended up butchering every scene with Danny since she's been on the show. I think that can be chalked up to the fact that the two of them, whether it be themselves as actors or simply their characters, have no chemistry whatsoever. The only time i remotely liked them interacting was when Lindsay brought the DNA results to Danny in RSRD, and even that was a brief shining moment among hundreds of bad ones.

What really annoys me though is that the writers can tell that the scenes are awkward and forced, yet they continue on with it, one week throwing Danny at Lindsay with his hallucinations of her walking by in the crime lab, and the next with Lindsay flirting and throwing herself on him. The fact is, Lindsay is a very inconsistent character. At first, she's this tough kid from Montana making it in the big city. Ok, that was believable, and the writers could have run with that angle and made the character likeable. She turned from being the tough country girl to being the teachers pet, popping up everywhere to get Mac's attention and trying to please him, flirting over Danny. Then she went to being this whiny child, whining that Mac was sending her back to the lab so she couldn't process a scene with murdered teenagers. Then, all of a sudden, her deep dark past out of nowhere starts giving her hallucinations back to when she witnessed her friends being killed and she can't do her job, even though she had begged to process a crime scene where teens were slaughtered earlier. This to me is more the fault of the writers than the actress, though im not saying that Anna Belknap is totally off the hook. While the writing is terrible for her character, Belknap seems to not even run with the good scenes she has, putting little emotion or passion into her scenes, or at least, not enough to stand out against the others. I;ve never seen Anna Belknap in any other tv shows, and i really didnt even know who she was before she came on CSI:NY, so i dont know if this is normal or just some terribly written role that she can't run with. Either way, it makes the show painful to watch, and leaves me wondering whether or not the show will ever get back to details that are killing me and demand more attention....like Stella's HIV situation, Danny's brother Louie (who we've heard nothing about, is he alive or not???), and even the Mac/Peyton romance storyline. While i much more prefer Mac with Stella, Claire Forlani and Gary Sinise at least have decent chemistry, and their relationship isn't being force fed to us like the DL 'ship...so watching it isn't the equivalent of hearing nails scratching on a blackboard.

Bravo! I'm not sure what I can add other than, yes! The inconsistent writing for the character coupled with Belknap's weak performance pretty much leaves the character with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Agreed. The best thing that could happen for the show is for her to be written out.

In all seriousness, how would the writers pull it off? I mean, I like the idea of Psycho! Lindsay, but realistically speaking how could the writers do it? Not to mention the fact that it seems that the majority of the fanbase seem to love Lindsay and approve of her ship with Danny since the writers are continuing to go along with it when they should have dropped it ages ago.

Writing Lindsay off would (in my opinion) be the best thing at this point, if they can't turn her around or kill this romance thing. If it were up to me though, i'd use the same excuse they used before with the trial thing-it got her to leave for a few episodes and not really be missed...i'd say having her go through one of her little "oh my gosh i cant do my job too many memories" phases might do the trick ;)

*pops head in*

^^or, quite possibly, the man who killed her friends escapes from prison and she has to go into the witness protection program and can never see Danny again. :)

peanut said:
*pops head in*

^^or, quite possibly, the man who killed her friends escapes from prison and she has to go into the witness protection program and can never see Danny again. :)

I don't know, that might be leaving a window open for her to come back. We need to make sure it keeps her permantly gone. Too bad she didn't die from that snake bite, that would've been the perfect solution.Or they could've pulled a M*A*S*H* and had her plane crash on the way to Montanna. I think the only way we can be sure she stays gone is if she dies.(Least anyone misunderstand me, I'm talking about Lindsay not Anna. I'm sure Anna's a perfectly nice person and I wish her no ill will.)

hahaha i agree with you....killing her off is much better than anything else i can think of. its the only why to totally get her out of the picture...unless they can save the character...which i doubt they can...

Carrieattheprom said:
In all seriousness, how would the writers pull it off? I mean, I like the idea of Psycho! Lindsay, but realistically speaking how could the writers do it? Not to mention the fact that it seems that the majority of the fanbase seem to love Lindsay and approve of her ship with Danny since the writers are continuing to go along with it when they should have dropped it ages ago.

I don't think the majority of the fanbase does love it--I think it's split 50/50 at best. I think the fact that Lindsay still hasn't been accepted by a large portion of the fanbase should tell the writers that she's still a problem, that she's not working.

I hadn't even thought of the possibility of that killer escaping--I hope that isn't planned because it will only turn Lindsay into more of a Mary Sue wimpering, simpering victim than she already is, and if there's one thing we don't need, it's that.

Unless, of course, he comes back and actually finishes the job and kills her off, in which case I say, good riddence, the bad character and her bad storyline have come full circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back