Why is Sid to only one to Reproduce??

:guffaw:The above posts have had me LMAO!

You guys all have such wonderful imaginations... I hope you put them to good use outside of this forum otherwise you are wasting your callings!

In answer to the question in the title of this thread, I think it lies in TPTB inablity to allow a lead character to have a functional relationship. Whilst I have no doubt anyone with their jobs must find it tough to maintain a relationsip, it can't be impossible. Mac must have managed it until the death of his wife? Surely...:rolleyes:

Flack's father must have managed it, we know for sure that Flack has a brother/s (as he has mentioned)
and possibly a sister as mentioned for season 5
, why can't anyone else?

Admitedly Sid has had rather a few relationships but I am assuming he is now happily married with college age children (I think?).

I just think it would be nice to see a lead character on a show such as this able to maintain a healthy relationship with their partner and/or children. Yes familes have problems but not all of them end because of them...

It's a shame because as you guys have mentioned above there are so many possibilities!!!

Lindsay – I’m not as harsh with her as many people so I think she would be a good mother. She feels awkward with children now but I think it’s quite common among people who don’t have their own children (I’m not very good with kids either, hope that doesn’t make me selfish).

Not being good with kids doesn't make a person selfish. I'm about as awkard as it gets around kids, but I'd move heaven and earth for my nine nieces and nephews. It's that Lindsay can't put her selfishness aside when the man she supposedly loves goes through a life changing tragedy even though she has been through a tragedy herself and the same man was there for her. I personally don't see her being able to put it aside for a child. A lot of people who could be seen as selfish become wonderful parents. I just don't get that vibe from what I've seen of Lindsay in the past three seasons.

I think Stella would be a great mom. Mac would be a great dad. Actually, these two are the "mom" and "dad" in a sense, of the NY crew. Kinda like Gil and Catherine on LV.

It'd be great to see more closeness unfold between Mac and Reed, assuming (and hoping) of course, that he survives the cab killer.

Welcome! ITA with you 100% Inside the Smacked thread i said a while ago my reason to miss Season One was "The family concept" because all of them worked as relatives instead as colleagues
Mac was "Dad", Stella was "Mom" and their three kids: Aiden (the eldest daughter "daddy's little girl"), and mummy's boys: Flack and Danny (Daddy's black sheep;))

I'm glad that concept of "family" was recovered in Season 4
Actually i think Mac-Reed relationship is a reflection of the same relationship between Mac and Danny before.

And I agree with PA. Mac is Reed's dad. Bloodlines are nothing when it comes to emotional bonds

Debbie
I totally agree that if Mac's 'Daddy' then Aidan was 'Daddy's Girl'. She was his favorite out of the 'younger' CSIs, and there are several scenes where he shows that. Like in Officer Blue, Mac lets Aidan work a case solo, even though she's the youngest member of the team, and Danny (big brother) looks a bit put out. Also, when Aidan had problems at that scene, she went to Mac for help. And there was another ep where Mac praised Aidan saying 'I should dump a bucket of ice water over your head' (like they do to coaches at sports games). You could tell how much it hurt Mac to have to fire her, and how upset he was by her death.
And Danny is definitely the 'black sheep' of the family.
I agree that Mac is already a great dad to Reed, he's stern but fair, and he opens up to Reed about Claire even though that must be painful for both of them, (Mac especially, note how choked up he gets describing Claire to Reed in Consequences) so that Reed can know what his mother was like.

I think Danny would be an overprotective dad because of what happened to Ruben, and also because of what happened with the Tanglewood boys and Louie - he'd want to keep his child well away from that world.

Flack I think would be the type to raise his girls as tomboys but be very protective of them and always police check and interrogate any guy they dated. He'd do lots of guy stuff with his sons, and I reckon he'd give his boys a bit more freedom than the girls, but probably be very strict with them when it came to gangs, drugs etc, and would make sure they kept to the straight and narrow. If his kids didn't do so well academically, he wouldn't care much. I don't see him as the kind of dad who's obsessed about grades or sports, he'd just want his kids to 'turn out right'.

Hawkes would be the kind of dad who would be great at helping his kids with schoolwork, and they'd all be lil brainiacs. He would raise his kids to 'aim for the top'. I can so see his kids going to Harvard or Yale.

Adam would be a good dad, but he's better as Uncle Adam for now. All of Mac's, Flack's, Danny's and Hawkes' kids would go to him whenever they thought their dads were being 'mean'. And they'd all love staying with him because he'd let them get away with anything. Except bullying, I can see him being strict with a kid if he/she was being a bully. Also, 'Fun Uncle Adam' would be the prefered alternative to 'Creepy Uncle Sid':lol:

Both Stella and Lindsay would be great mothers, Stella especially as we saw in RND and other eps how good she is with kids.

I have to say Uncle sid would be priceless moments specially at halloween.
Uncle adam also he would be the uncle who brings them chocolate when mum and dad specifically said no.

Its funny everytime i open the forum this thread sticks out and i can't help but giggle :lol: i was sat at uni today and opened the site and this thread seemed to catch my eye first and i must have looked a twat smiling to myself.

OMG! All the CSIs' (and Flack's) kids would want to hang at Uncle Sid's house on Halloween. I'm sure he goes all out and makes his yard into the perfect haunted estate. :lol: The adults might be a little leary of letting them go though. :eek:

OMG! All the CSIs' (and Flack's) kids would want to hang at Uncle Sid's house on Halloween. I'm sure he goes all out and makes his yard into the perfect haunted estate. :lol: The adults might be a little leary of letting them go though. :eek:
:guffaw::guffaw: I can just see all the kids ready to go to Uncle Sid's and their parents pull up and are like 'uhhhh'

I worked with kids when I was in high school/college and I thought the cutest thing was the big tough guys with their little two and three year olds.
Can you just picture Flack or Danny or Mac saying "hold my hand when we cross the street" or freaking out cause they lost their kid in a grocery store. My absolute favorite thought Mac with macaroni picture framed next to marine core photo or a little pencil holder made out of a tin can with construction paper around it and his name spelled with the "c" in reverse.

[random] I'd love for Sid's daughter to show up and be some hot chick, and Adam would try to flirt with her and then Sid would pop up, glaring at Adam through his little clicky glasses and Adam would be like :eek: and scurry off. :lol: [/random]

I love it! lol I've always wondered if they are ever going to show Sid's daughter, and if they do, I have a feeling that someone from the lab would make a comment or hit on her...Adam's reaction would be priceless:)

I'd love to see any of the CSIs interact more with younger kids-not ones in crime scenes, but from their own families. I'd love to see Uncle Flack getting roped into babysitting his niece or something like that...=]

As for having their own, I love what people have been saying here, especially about Flack having a daughter and he and uncle Danny warning the date to be nice...that would be amazing:lol:

Hawkes would be amazing as a parent, too. The way he interacted with that girl in Grand Murder at Central Station was so cute, and I don't hesitate to think that he'd be just as caring and affectionate with his own kids. Stella would do a good job as a mom, too-baby Daniella in On the Job, anyone? Adorable. Mac would be a tough guy to crack, but I'm sure he'd do a good job as a dad...maybe a little stricter than say Danny, but still good.

I do find it strange though that out of all the characters only one is married...Mac has been, but there is no evidence that anyone else in the lab has been or is now. I don't know, maybe the CSI field has alot of single people, but I wondered about that as I was watching it.

I do find it strange though that out of all the characters only one is married...Mac has been, but there is no evidence that anyone else in the lab has been or is now. I don't know, maybe the CSI field has alot of single people, but I wondered about that as I was watching it.
On all the CSIs, the coroners are the only ones that can have non-dysfunctional marriages. Catherine was divorced, Warrick's marriage was a fiasco, Grissom and Sara haven't actually gotten married yet (although they could possibly be considered functional), anybody Horatio sleeps with (much less marries) tends to die, Natalia's ex-husband was a bastard, Mac lost his wife...

Meanwhile, Doc Robbins, David Phillips, Alexx Woods and Sid Hammerback are the only ones that are in happy, long-term marriages with children (except for David, I don't think he has any kids).

They create a situation where people have to date and such, but then they do it all badly and it just becomes a fiasco. *le sigh*

PerfectAnomaly said:

OMG! All the CSIs' (and Flack's) kids would want to hang at Uncle Sid's house on Halloween.
OMG I want to hang at Uncle Sid's house on Halloween!

I want to see Mac put a shapeless clay 'pot' in pride of place on his fancy, immaculate desk for holding paperclips or something. :lol: Oh man, you know if one of them had a little girl, all of the 'Uncles' would be a total squidgy mess over her. Shapeless pots for everyone! :p

Another answer to the question of why Sid is the only one to reproduce is that with Sid they can talk about a kid without having to produce one on screen. If one of the main NY cast members had a kid we'd have to see them, and let's face it. The CSI franchise doesn't have a good track record with CSI offspring. Almost all of them are demon spawn from hell. Reed is being a little pain in the ass right now, but I wouldn't put him anywhere near the demon spawn from hell category. Of course he's an adult and Mac wasn't involved in his spawning, so he doesn't technically fit the category of CSI child that the others do even though he and Mac have a father/son relationship.

Another answer to the question of why Sid is the only one to reproduce is that with Sid they can talk about a kid without having to produce one on screen. If one of the main NY cast members had a kid we'd have to see them, and let's face it. The CSI franchise doesn't have a good track record with CSI offspring. Almost all of them are demon spawn from hell.

Sad but true. Reed is doing a helluva lot better than those other CSIkids, but he can still be capable of being a brat but likeable, at least to me.

I do hope though if they ever bring Sid's kid(s?) into the show they aren't just more demon spawn. It would be interesting to see Sid interact with someone other than the CSIs, ecspecially if it were his own flesh and blood.

It actually reminds me of this neighbor I had that used to love to scare the kids on Halloween... I missed it when he moved. :(

Sid would probably have a life-like autopsy just chillin' on his lawn, with the candy bowl inside the 'victim's' stomach and mouth. :lol:

I bet Sid is a great father. I think Hawkes would be an overprotective father. Remember the scene in Snow Day where he had the buzz saw and was holding it at the guy's jugular? I could see him threatening similar things to any of his daughter's dates. :lol:

Flack and Danny would definitely be really over protective of their little girls. Flack would be great, and Danny would be constantly second guessing himself, but would still be doing well at it.

Stella would be an amazing mother. She's caring, compassionate, and loves kids. She'd be good. Lindsay- she could go either way. She could either continue to think about her needs first, or she would be totally devoted to the child. I could see either working for her.

Mac has always seemed to be a father figure for Danny, in my eyes. It became bigger when Reed came around, but I think he'd be a good father. Strict, and by the book (so to speak), but he'd be caring and compassionate. I doubt he'd think twice about killing someone for the sake of his child.

Adam... Adam would probably be a cool dad. But when that kid gets in trouble, it'll be "wait until your mom gets home!" :lol: He'd be cool Uncle Adam, though. :D

anybody Horatio sleeps with (much less marries) tends to die,

:lol: That's the best out them all :lol: :lol:

Mac has always seemed to be a father figure for Danny, in my eyes. It became bigger when Reed came around, but I think he'd be a good father. Strict, and by the book (so to speak), but he'd be caring and compassionate. I doubt he'd think twice about killing someone for the sake of his child.
Agreed. Although I reckon mac would shoot anyone for the sake of someone he cared for.

Another answer to the question of why Sid is the only one to reproduce is that with Sid they can talk about a kid without having to produce one on screen. If one of the main NY cast members had a kid we'd have to see them...
Well, I agree that they might not want to have to deal with a character having a 'kid', but other shows manage. On Criminal Minds, Hotch has a son, but you rarely see the kid since 1) he's always working and 2) he and his wife have split up and she (and the kid) are mentioned without actually being shown. On Bones, Booth has a kid, but he's barely there. Again, because we always see Booth working.

Considering that we usually only see these characters in the work environment, they could give one of them a family without it being something they had to incorporate into the episode every week.

And really, not putting something in so they wouldn't have to deal with it and be responsible for doing it well is just lazy. :p

Another answer to the question of why Sid is the only one to reproduce is that with Sid they can talk about a kid without having to produce one on screen. If one of the main NY cast members had a kid we'd have to see them...
Well, I agree that they might not want to have to deal with a character having a 'kid', but other shows manage. On Criminal Minds, Hotch has a son, but you rarely see the kid since 1) he's always working and 2) he and his wife have split up and she (and the kid) are mentioned without actually being shown. On Bones, Booth has a kid, but he's barely there. Again, because we always see Booth working.

Considering that we usually only see these characters in the work environment, they could give one of them a family without it being something they had to incorporate into the episode every week.

And really, not putting something in so they wouldn't have to deal with it and be responsible for doing it well is just lazy. :p

I agree that it is possible to let the characters have a family without showing them at all or very often and to not go there is lazy. But at the same time, If TPTB did show an offspring on screen I would expect another demon spawn from hell based on their track record. I'd really hate that especially if the demon in question was spawned from a character I really like. :p

I don't want to see Flack have a son who turns out to be an emo brat or Danny have a daughter who turns out to be the whore of her school. Although in the latter case we'd at least know from where her behavior stems. ;)

Back