Why is Sid to only one to Reproduce??

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PalmettoHunna, May 10, 2008.

1. PalmettoHunna

PalmettoHunna Hit and Run

I just find it really funny that the only recurring character that is married or unmarried for that matter to ever have children.

So I thought I would ask who, if any do you think would be the first to have kids? Who would be the most overprotective dad? Who would be the coolest parent? Who would have the wildest child/children? Who's offspring would follow in their parents footsteps? and whatever else you can come up with.

Have fun with this!

Before anyone says something for this purpose Reed does not exist, to me he is less of Mac's kid and more of a plot device, a good one but a plot device none the less....*hugs*

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Haha! I was just thinking about this yesterday. Specifically, I was thinking about these two:

Adam would be awesome with kids. He's kind of a big kid himself. Not sure he could be a strict parent, though. :p Maybe he's more 'awesome Uncle Adam' material.

Sheldon is good with kids, as we saw in "Grand Murder at Central Station" with Emily and her teddy bear. I think he'd be a good father. He'd be hanging back at the playground with the Neosporin and the bandages. :lol: And aww, wouldn't he be the best one to have around when his little girl breaks her arm? *pet pet*

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I think Mac would be the strictest Dad. Adam or Danny would be the coolest. But Hawkes and Flack would make great dad's too.

They'd all do it differently, for sure, but they'd all be great at it. Though I have to agree with Fay, Adam may be better suited to "Uncle Adam", because he just wouldn't be able to discipline them :lol:

4. darksheep

darksheep Dead on Arrival

I think Stella would be a great mom. Mac would be a great dad. Actually, these two are the "mom" and "dad" in a sense, of the NY crew. Kinda like Gil and Catherine on LV.

It'd be great to see more closeness unfold between Mac and Reed, assuming (and hoping) of course, that he survives the cab killer.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think Ruben's death would turn Danny into a strict parent. He wasn't at all prepared - not that anyone would be - for any consequences from letting Ruben get out of his sight for a moment and the worst possible thing happened. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't a strict dad after what he went through.

I can see Flack being the kind of dad who would be rough and tumble with a boy and really over protective with a girl. I'm not really sure why, but I can totally picture that. Maybe it's that he seems to come from a more traditional type of family and I can see him continuing that tradition.

Stella would be an awesome mom. That one episode from S1 where the baby was neglected by her parents showed how caring and loving she was toward the little girl. Plus I think her growing up an orphan would make her try harder than the average person to be a good parent.

I think Mac is a good dad. Reed is his step-son, but he is very fatherly toward him. He's stern but fair and he shows a lot of concern for Reed. He is also open about talking about Claire so Reed can know what his mother was like.

I can see Hawkes kids following in their father's prodigy footsteps.

I agree that Adam should be "Uncle Adam" at least for now.

I'm an admitted Lindsay hater, but we've seen more than one example of her not being good with kids. A parent has to be able to be selfless. Once you become a parent it stops being all about you and starts being all about the kids. I don't see Lindsay being capable of that.

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Welcome! ITA with you 100% Inside the Smacked thread i said a while ago my reason to miss Season One was "The family concept" because all of them worked as relatives instead as colleagues
    Mac was "Dad", Stella was "Mom" and their three kids: Aiden (the eldest daughter "daddy's little girl"), and mummy's boys: Flack and Danny (Daddy's black sheep;))

I'm glad that concept of "family" was recovered in Season 4
    Actually i think Mac-Reed relationship is a reflection of the same relationship between Mac and Danny before.

And I agree with PA. Mac is Reed's dad. Bloodlines are nothing when it comes to emotional bonds

Mac is so damn ready to be a biological dad!;) He would be amazing (I think he has already found the right woman to become the mother of his children;);););););) (A Greek dinner is on its way:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Debbie

7. PalmettoHunna

I completely agree with Flack being overprotective of his little girl...this is how I picture Flack and Danny when one of their little girls goes on her first date.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o3NQaU7awPI

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:That was hilarious.

Those poor teenage boys don't stand a chance against Flack and Danny.

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^ :lol: I could see Danny and Flack being like that! Although I reckon that Flack would be more protective- maybe because he has a sister rather than Danny just having the brother.

I find it quite comical that Sid is the only ne wth children. Ok i know everyone else are younger than him bar Mac but the idea of Sid with children. I wonder if they have there own little creepy places- is it genetic?!?! :lol:

Stella would definatly be the coolest mum by far. Im my opnion there's just that thing about her if you get me?

I reckon both Mac and Hawkes would make great dads. Hawkes' children would start school already knowing the entire Encyclopedia whereas Mac's kids would start school as black belts and having an idea of all weapons...poor teachers :lol:

But Adam....Maybe its because he's, like Fay said, still a big kid himself he's only really fit into Uncle at the moment :D

10. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Dude, I know what you are thinking :devil:

I see Reed as half Mac's son and that's because Mac didn't meet him until Claire was dead for a few years.

Stella's interaction with Danielle in On the Job was fantastic. I think that was the first time we saw a sensitive side of Stella.

With all the Ruben story, I can't picture Danny with kids. I couldn't picture him before. He's an emotional rellercoaster and he couldn't deal with a kid. His relationship with Ruben was pretty close, but not as father-son.

Flack would be the kind of dad that is a friend to his kids, but when necessary he will be very strict with them and very protective (he's overprotective with Danny :D)

From all of them, I see Hawkes best with children. I don't know why but he strikes me as a parent-type.

Yes, Uncle Adam is very well said.

And in response to the thread's name, Sid is the only one who reproduced because he was the one with a very intense sex life :lol:

11. PalmettoHunna

I saw that clip and thought about Flack and Danny...

Personally I think they all would be overprotective parents..but Hawkes I could see him tucking the kids in bed at night and little kisses on the forehead.

Mac would be the parent who dropped off and picked up from school. Definitly a PTA Daddy...could you see the conversations at the lab.

Stella: Where you off to Mac?
    Mac: I have got to go to a parent meeting.
    Stella: That sounds like fun...what the little rascals do this time/
    Mac: *excited* We are talking about the class Halloween party and I DO NOT want to get stuck with bringing plates and cups...we are making cupcakes that's final.:lol:

Well i think it's funny...

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:lol: Mac's cupcakes would be perfect, too. :p And can you see him coming to work with a random piece of glitter on his forehead from helping the kiddies with art projects, and nobody wants to mention it, but they're all distracted by it...[/dork]

Mac was cute with the kid in "Necrophilia Americana"--I think he'd be more awkward with a young kid, as he was then, than with an older kid like Reed, but he'd still be a good dad.

I want Mac to read me a bedtime story. I'll bet he'd make different voices for the characters and everything. [/nerd]

As for Danny--I think, after Ruben, Danny would be terrified to be responsible for a child. He wouldn't think himself worthy or capable. :( But I think, when it comes down to it, he'd be a good dad. He might not think he's good, but he would be. He'd probably be calling his mom on a regular basis at first, wanting her opinion on everything. :p

Flack would totally be cleaning his gun when his little girl's date shows up. Uncle Danny would be sitting on the couch, drinking a beer and smirking when Flack points out that Danny is a CSI and knows how to take care of evidence, 'if you know what I mean'. :p

Sheldon's kids would so be the smarty-pants of the second generation. Danny would grumble under his breath and Stella would have to elbow him to get him to stop when Sheldon walks up with his little geniuses. 'Yeah, Sheldon, so what if your kid can read, mine can already swing a baseball bat.' And then Uncle Flack would wince and shift uncomfortably because he knows just how well the little stinker can swing the bat. :lol:

Oh yeah, Danny would be the most competitive parent, never wanting anybody else's kids to one-up his. :p

[random] I'd love for Sid's daughter to show up and be some hot chick, and Adam would try to flirt with her and then Sid would pop up, glaring at Adam through his little clicky glasses and Adam would be like :eek: and scurry off. :lol: [/random]

13. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I can see Flack and Danny be cool dads with a boy in the sense they would do a lot of things with their respective sons. but definitely be no-nonse Dads, Danny maybe even moreso giiven his past. but they would both be over-protective had either of them had a girl especially if she looked like her mama

Mac would be strict maybe too much, so he would need a mum to balance that out

Lindsay I think would be a cool mom, the one that would talk to you but put clear boundries and rules

I can see both Adam and Hawkes as the cool uncles rather then dads

14. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

Hello, I’m new to the forum, actually shouldn’t even be posting right now as my thesis won’t write itself :( but I simply loved that topic and thought I will add some comments :)

Starting from Adam – I agree, he will be more of an uncle, a great friend than the parent, so his children really need a reasonable and a bit strict mum – I mean, it’s great if your father is cool, not boring constantly about homework, coming home late and so on but children really need some rules to feel safe – and I don’t think Adam would be able to stick to rules himself, let alone make his children obey them :lol:
    So, writers, find him a down-to-earth wife and it will be a happy family life ;)
    Flack – hmm, he comes from quite a traditional family so probably a bit strict and overprotective (as said before, enough to see the way he treats Danny :lol:) but cool anyway. I can well imagine him playing cops and bandits with his children, but when it comes to watching horror movies – like Spielberg’s Poltergeist, quite an innocent one for me – I think it will be Flack’s wife and children in front of tv, watching eagerly and Don on the couch, hid under the cushions, trembling :guffaw:
    Danny – after what happened to Ruben he will be definitely overprotective and strict when it comes to going out late etc, probably jealous about his kids’ abilities but definitely a good father. I’m not really sure what we know about his family, except for Louie of course, but rather don’t think his childhood was a happy one, so he would do all he can to be a good parent for his children
    Lindsay – I’m not as harsh with her as many people so I think she would be a good mother. She feels awkward with children now but I think it’s quite common among people who don’t have their own children (I’m not very good with kids either, hope that doesn’t make me selfish). I definitely see her as overprotective too, because of what she experienced and probably she would have high expectations for her kids, as she is pretty ambitious
    If we're talking about ambitions, I think Hawkes would be that kind of father – his kids would have to be smarter than others, reading, writing, counting, multiplying, who knows what else way before going to school. But he'd be great with them definitely – as he got on great with that little girl in Grand Murder, and that scene where he was fixing her teddy bear was very telling – so, writers – find Hawkes a nice girlfriend soon so he can prove himself (much as I’d like to see him being with Danny, kids would be problematic then :lol:)
    Stella – well, at the beginning she struck me as a person not very good with others, like in American Dreamers or Rain – she wasn't dealing with children exactly, but still couldn’t sympathize at all with parents. Fortunately, writers soon decided how they wanted to develop her character and On the Job really showed that she would be a great mother. She really cared about that girl and was furious (no wonder) with her parents, also in RND was very kind to Austin, if I remember the name correctly, and awfully shaken when she realized she could have helped him much earlier.
    Stella’s childhood is also important – she might have problems with showing her feelings sometimes because she was brought up in foster families but definitely would try very hard (like Danny) so that her children could be happy.
    And now finally Mac :) strict, and it sure will be home with many rules... I think he'd be good with children as he was with that kid in Necrophilia Americana but definitely needs to learn a lot about their imagination, games, that kind of things – not to be surprised as in that episode that a kid confused fiction with real life :lol: I personally would love to see Mac with kids, it will be interesting to see him relax a little bit :lol:
    And just a few final remarks, please don’t kill me for the length of that post :(
    Although I lost interest in any ships, after seeing how the writers screwed up D/L story, and anyway don't think they would go that far, it's crime series not Full House it would be fun to see Mac and Stella’s kids – I really wonder how they games would look like if their (hypothetical) parents spent the season 3 final running frantically with guns, setting clever bombs, causing huge explosions and generally playing hide-and-seek with mobsters :lol:

Generally I think that all CSI children would rule in the neighbourhood, be leaders of all games because they have parents with such great jobs :)
    I guess Adam or Danny would occasionally bring them empty shells or something to play with, which of course would make the children look even cooler among others :lol:
    EDIT almost forget: Hawkes sure would put some board in his kids' playroom (maybe similar to the one he used in Admissions :)) so they can practise chemical equations :guffaw:

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  15. PalmettoHunna

Thinking about it when his kids got older I think Adam would turn into a strict parent...I live in a military town have for a long time and I have noticed with a lot of my friends that are married and have children that the ones that were really goofy tend to be the strictess. I asked my friend Ryan about it yesterday and he said, "I did everything wrong, I snuck out of the house I got into trouble and I know all the secrets my kids aren't getting away with sh*t." I think this may also apply to Danny.

Flack would probably turn into a pile of goo around his children...tough guys tend to do that, but they do take proctecting their families very seriously...or that is my experience.

Stella would be such a great mom I see her with her kids in an SUV wearing matching tracksuits :lol:. I think it would be fantastic.