Who are they? The Who who, who who

Discussion in 'CSI Music' started by Dynamo1, Sep 16, 2006.

1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i've been a fan of the who for about 20 years, i absolutely looooove them, which makes it even easier to watch csi :) baba o riley is one of my all time favourite tracks, as is won't get fooled again. i met pete townshend a few years ago, he hugged me - lovely fella (despite all the allegations against him, which i don't really believe anyway). a friend of mine's mother went out with keith moon (their legendary drummer) in college - i was so impressed when i found out!

my favourite of their albums is quadrophenia, partly because it's a great film as well, and i love tommy too, and their early r'n'b stuff - they're just great. i always end up playing air guitar when CSI comes on the tv....

2. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I got to see The Who in Philly last year, which was an awesome party atmosphere cause of freaking awesome rock music and the fact that the Phillies were like 1/4 of a mile away winning game 4 of the World Series.

They were amazing. I died when they started playing Who Are You, cause that's my favorite Who song and it instantly makes me think of CSI, haha. They played so many classics and even with the contact high I was getting thanks to people smoking weed, it was still one of the best concerts I've been to. <3

I felt bad cause Roger got booed to start off. If anyone is a sports fan, you know that Philly fans are very passionate about their sports teams and come 2008, the city hadn't won a major sporting title in 25 years. Well, Roger got up there and said that they were the other major sporting event in Philly that day (The Eagles had played earlier in the day), which got a big cheer. Then, he said, "We're bigger than baseball." The crowd didn't like that at all, and booed him. He certainly made it up, but I was like "Man, only Philly would boo a freaking rock group!" lol

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

not quite the same as claiming to be bigger than jesus, is it?!

i don't know whether they have an plans as a reformed band but if they play here in london (whcih let's face it, if they play anywhere, london is likely to feature) i'll go.

who's drumming for them these days?

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Happy birthday today, March 1, 1944, to Roger Daltrey of The Who,
    (1965 UK No.2 single 'My Generation' plus over 20 other UK hit
    singles, 16 US Top 40 singles, rock opera albums 'Tommy' &
    'Quadrophenia'). Solo, (1973 UK No.5 single 'Giving It All Away').
    Most CSI fans know that his group sing the three CSI theme songs
    and he appeared in the season 7 original CSI episode "Living
    Legend" as Mickey Dunn.